22 years old and going strong

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mlhs

22 years old and going strong

Post by mlhs »

Had my MOT yesterday....

Passed with 2 advisories. 1) small oil leak which i knew about, still trying to track the location of the leak 2) nearside rear wheel bearing has slight play.

Tester said to just put a bit of grease on it and it will be fine.

So all together very happy, all the recent work has been well wort it.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Re: 22 years old and going strong

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

:clap:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

:thumleft:

Did you get the Janspeed fixed again?
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
mlhs

Post by mlhs »

Yeh i did Ollie, took close to 4-5 weeks in total, after the original turn around of 4 days. When i got it back it didn't fit back on. After lots of phone calls and emails ended up sending my old standard exhaust to them so they could line everything up. Would have been a lot sooner had said exhaust could have been used to drive down there. But that was falling apart. Gave me time to sort all the surface rust out while it was off the road though. Need to give it a good wash, clay bar, polish and wax then ill get some pics up.
ulysess1966

Excellent

Post by ulysess1966 »

Outstanding. Bulletproof cars.

I took mine to be tested last night at the local gov test centre (different system in Northern Ireland) and half-way through the test they stopped the engine and it wouldn't start again. The battery was flat. The test had to be abandoned and I have to book a re-test to finish it costing £18.50. To say I was embarrassed was putting it mildly, especially with 3 test guys pushing the car backwards out of the shed so it could be bumped.

I'd had the battery on charge on Wednesday all night so I checked the charger and... the 12volt wire was broken so it was charging nowt :(

Wire fixed and battery charging now.
mlhs

Post by mlhs »

So another 2 years on and she is going strong. Passed this morning with only a couple advisories on front tyres and front spring corrosion. Good excuse to get new suspension, although I was looking at doing a complete upgrade sometime this year anyway.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”