[FINALIZED] MR2 MK1 Supercharger (converted) For Sale

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Elliott_Knight

MR2 MK1 Supercharger (converted) For Sale

Post by Elliott_Knight »

Hi, I have decided to sell my pride and joy as I have fallen in love with a MK3 Supra Turbo.
I bought my MR2 from my boss last year for £1300 (still have receipt) was grotty on the outside with a faded bonnet, bumper and very taky wheels.
Since then I have spent all my free time and money doing her up as she deservers.
I have spent a lot of money doing her up to what I believe is a good looking example.
She comes with 11 months MOT (sailed through) and 10 months TAX. Has done 128,000 miles and has had 5 previous owners.
It has been a very sudden decision to sell this car as I love it to bits and have spent hours working on her and a large amount of money which I rather not think about as I never intended to sell it.
The major mod was swapping the standard 4AGE engine for a 4AGZE engine from an AE92 Corolla which I bought off a senior member of this forum (The engine was previously owned by Lauren AKA "Track-Queen")
The conversion went very well and proved to be solid through MOT standards.
During the conversion the Cam belt was changed, oil, filter, fuel filter, clutch, spark plugs and leads. I also did a complete coolant flush.
The engine runs superbly, starts at the turn, with no over heating issues, strange noises or smoking. This car is extremely reliable and the engine swap was done alongside a highly qualified mechanic who has done numerous engine conversions for years.
The engine has a Fensport oversized crank pulley and completed ABV mod for extra boost.
other than the engine the car has had other upgrades such as:
-MR2 Roadster alloys complete with brand new TOYO'S T1R
-Brand new brake pads all round (Redstuff on the front)
-Fensport Lowering springs
-Custom built stainless steel twin exit exhaust (Similar sound to a Janspeed)
-Supercharger rear lights
-Brand new front droplinks
-New Exedy clutch
-New rear brake calipers
-New handbrake cables
-New radiator
-New alternator
-New battery
-Supercharger engine lid
-New MOMO steering wheel
-New Apexi boost gauge

Before:

Now:

I will upload some more detailing pictures as these are the only ones I have on Photobucket or you can send me a message and I can email them.

The car will be sold with a brand new box of Polybushes from SuperPro for the front suspension, braided Goodrige brake lines for the front, several pairs of brake pads for the front and back still in box and a full set of rear wheel arch repair panels for both sides.

The Negative:

-As previously said the car will be sold with a full set of rear wheel arch repair panels as they are showing some bubbling. This is not major and they don't all need replacing, but as you can tell I don't do things half heartedly and filler just wouldn't be good enough. This kit cost me £240 and is all you need to buy to replace rusty rear wheel arches, all that needs to be done is find a decent body shop which was next on my list.

-Fifth gear judders. It was always done this since I bought it but has NEVER jumped out of gear. Anyone who knows MK1's will tell you that this is the first sign of it doing so. When that happens read Lauren's article on 5th gear pop-out.

-Front Bumper, Alloys and engine lid could do with a respray/refurb to get her looking 100%

I have been completely honest with this advert and mean it when I say I never wanted to sell this car. I have just honestly fallen in love with the MK3 Supra.
The car has no problems and is my pride and joy, I love the MR2 Community and will miss it, but its time to move on :(

I am looking to get £2,000 for her as she is a rare reliable MK1 Supercharged in very solid order. Viewings welcome.
Message me if you have any questions or would like to arrange to view the car.
[/u]
"I'm so gangsta I eat the cereal without the milk"
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: [FINALIZED] MR2 MK1 Supercharger (converted) For Sale

Post by Charged »

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Have you driven the Supra? Bit of a barge no?
Elliott_Knight

Post by Elliott_Knight »

LOL it won't be as elegant as the MR2 through those country roads, but it sure will be a lot of fun on straights :D
I just love the look of them and finally they have become affordable to insure since I'm now 22 so I just must :)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Dude, take it from someone who's had a Mk3 Supra tubby and a Mk1 MR2 SC - you'll regret it! The Supra really isn't much faster in a straight line, and the 7M-GTE is riddled with head-gasket problems.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my Supra - but the SC is so much better :wink:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Lovely car, especially for that money =P~

I looked at Supras ages ago and the running costs were crazy in comparison.
Bull72

Post by Bull72 »

You should look for a mk3 Supra 2.5 Twin Turbo 1JZ. I have owned the 7m-gte and the 1jz is by far the best. 280bhp standard as well compared to the 3.0 230bhp.

Rare car to find though worth the wait.

Wee pic of mine

jon_st205

Post by jon_st205 »

Indeed, JZA70 all the way. Great looking car, lots of hard work gone into that, GLWS.
Elliott_Knight

Post by Elliott_Knight »

Beautiful car Bull72. Waiting isn't an issue really, I don't want to rush into anything and will wait for "the right one" to come up. Unfortunately it's not only the waiting for the 2.5 twin turbo but the cost of them, they are pretty much double the price of the 3.0l turbo.
Its not an easy decision, I do love my SC but I can't keep still, now that most of the work is done I would like something a little bigger to move on to.
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Bull72 wrote:You should look for a mk3 Supra 2.5 Twin Turbo 1JZ. I have owned the 7m-gte and the 1jz is by far the best. 280bhp standard as well compared to the 3.0 230bhp.

I can echo the above. I miss mine dearly. ](*,)

I've been keeping an eye out for a decent 2.5 for the last year or so.... no luck so far. When are you selling yours!
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

SySanguinary wrote:
Bull72 wrote:You should look for a mk3 Supra 2.5 Twin Turbo 1JZ. I have owned the 7m-gte and the 1jz is by far the best. 280bhp standard as well compared to the 3.0 230bhp.

I've been keeping an eye out for a decent 2.5TTr for the last year or so.... no luck so far. When are you selling yours!
Bull72

Post by Bull72 »

SySanguinary wrote:
SySanguinary wrote:

I've been keeping an eye out for a decent 2.5TTr for the last year or so.... no luck so far. When are you selling yours!

Everything is for sale at a price! :wink:
ianmc

MR2 MK1 for sale

Post by ianmc »

Hi

Just joined so please forgive any posting mistakes.

After 15 years without a Mk1 I am looking to get one again and sounds like a nice project...is it still for sale?

Ian Mc
Elliott_Knight

Post by Elliott_Knight »

SHE'S GONE :(

Sold on Friday, very sad wish I could of run both side by side. One day I will be back I feel.
On the plus side I found the perfect Supra 3L turbo, she is mint in a gun-metal colour, fully standard (for now). I love it! Very different driving, makes the MR2 feel like a Go-kart, but I'm happy with my decision.

Wish you all the best!
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”