1995 Rev 3 UK N/A T-Bar £950

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

timlowthian

1995 Rev 3 UK N/A T-Bar £950

Post by timlowthian »

Im looking to sell my 1995 UK Rev 3 MR2 T-Bar Manual.

The car is is in good condition and all working as it should. I am only selling to upgrade to an MR2 Turbo.

The car is standard apart from later spec front sidelight to get rid of the orange versions.

The car has 144k miles

Now with 12 Months MOT and 6 Months Tax!

Minor negatives i can think of are:

-Few marks on bodywork but very good for the cars age.
-Electric aerial does not raise an internal aerial is stuck to the inside of the boot lid so reception is not a problem.

I am not looking to do any sort of swap or P/X on this unless it it a Rev 3 MR2 Turbo as this is what im saving for :thumleft:.

Im looking for £950 ono.

Feel free to ask any questions. If phoning please wait till after 5:30pm or leave a message as cannot answer the phone at work. Text or e-mail for a quicker response.
Last edited by timlowthian on Thu May 09, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rev 1 NA to Turbo conversion!
craig

Re: 1995 Rev 3 UK N/A T-Bar £950

Post by craig »

Where is the car based mate? :thumleft:
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

Its down on the isle of wight but if there is a serious buyer i would bring it to southampton for them
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

This is still available if any one is interested? Sorry for lack of responses to those a while back had some personal problems lately but all is well now.
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Hi mate, gutted.

I was ready to take it off your hands a month ago, but all the best with whatever problems there are and good luck with sale.

If I can sell the mundane Hyundai Coupe I've bought I might be in touch.

Cheers.
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

Yeh sorry about that bud!

If it does sell let me know! It needs a good home
Gilesy83

Post by Gilesy83 »

Hi mate, very interested in the car, just after some more details Before I commit to view -

Any advisories on the mot?

Is it hpi clear, ever been involved in an accident?

What service history do you have with the car? Old mot's, cambelt change, clutch etc?

What are the condition, age, tread depth of the tyres?

How long have you owned the car?

How many keys come with the car?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd be coming from Somerset 2/3 hours away so wanted to have everything clear! But it certainly looks very nice in the photos. I'll assume being red that it's faded over the years? Mine certainly did!

I'd be interested in coming to view this weekend if you're about, say Sunday morning/early afternoon? I'd probably walk on the ferry and park in gun wharf to save on the ferry costs, if you would be able to meet over the other side?

Sorry for all the questions!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Ian.
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

Don't worry about all the questions mate specially as you have to travel like you say!

Any advisories on the mot?

I had an advisory for a rear wheel bearing as well as the usual two for obstructed view which it will always get as it has all the original plastic under trays in place underneath (this seems silly to me to get an advisory for not having parts missing.)

Is it hpi clear, ever been involved in an accident?

I have never actually HPI checked the car so pretty un-helpful in that department but i am not aware of any accidents. I welcome you to check hpi if you need to i am in no way out to rip anyone off.

What service history do you have with the car? Old mot's, cambelt change, clutch etc?

It has most of its old MOT's and a bit of service history and bills. I can get a picture of this for you as proof. i will need to go through this to find exactly what it has had done. I have just had an oil change with filter and new plugs and leads fitted as well as full coolant change and thermostat.

What are the condition, age, tread depth of the tyres?

The tyres are all of decent codition unsure of exact depths. I will get pictures of them all and measure there depths for you.

How long have you owned the car?

Just checked the V5 and i bought the car on the 22nd March 2012.

How many keys come with the car?

I have two keys for the car.

It has faded a little but generally a good red. Better than some i have seen. I can get more pictures if you needed.

Meeting you be no problem at all if you did want to view.

I am also happy to get any other pictures for you if needed.
Gilesy83

Post by Gilesy83 »

Thanks for a prompt response! I can do a Hpi check for a couple quid which I do with all cars I buy anyway, so I'll get this done, but everything else sounds ok.

I sold my rev3 na a few years ago and always regretted it. I was after a tin top, but the t-bar looks like fun and a bit different, not entirely useful with our current climate though!

If the check comes back clear I'll definitely be down on Sunday morning. (I'll do it now)

Thanks again, Ian
Gilesy83

Post by Gilesy83 »

It's come back all clear other than having a colour change in the past, not sure if you know when? Or what colour? As long as it's a decent job and in good condition, then it doesn't worry me too much. Main thing is that it drives ok and is mechanically sound
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

A colour Change? :? I did not know this sorry it is all red in engine bay and and under boot carpet and frunk do must of been a complete job. out of interest does it say what colour it was changed from? I will make sure i get the pictures for you tomorrow when there is more light. Are there any other pictures you want me to get for you?
synXero

Post by synXero »

Just an observatory note - remember dvla register colour wrongly surprisingly often and it could've just been a... Pedantic owner registering a correction.
Gilesy83

Post by Gilesy83 »

timlowthian wrote:A colour Change? :? I did not know this sorry it is all red in engine bay and and under boot carpet and frunk do must of been a complete job. out of interest does it say what colour it was changed from? I will make sure i get the pictures for you tomorrow when there is more light. Are there any other pictures you want me to get for you?

It did make me wonder because the engine bay etc is red, so must have been a proper job, or a dvla error, either way I'm not too fussed. It didn't give anymore details on the check, dvla would probably have all that. I'm still keen to view though.
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

This is still available if anyone is interested. I Would consider serious offers now as have found a car i want.
DanT

Post by DanT »

i have someone who would be interested if your able to put it through an mot? only a few days left on it and he needs something with decent amount left

cheers
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

It has now got 6 months tax and im getting a new mot next week. I wont really be looking to lower the price with these though! Would rather keep it rather than let it go for silly money.
DanT

Post by DanT »

Worth that price with t&t

I'll put my mate in touch
DanT

Post by DanT »

could i have a number to give my mate? hes very interested
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

Ill PM you my number now mate :thumleft:
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Still also trying to shift my current car in the hope of getting another MR2, so Ill be following this closely.

Cheers.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”