Tidy 2 on PH

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BlackpoolMR2

Tidy 2 on PH

Post by BlackpoolMR2 »

Looks proper bosh! Maybe a bit steep?
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... bo/1142922
cvega666

Re: Tidy 2 on PH

Post by cvega666 »

...hahaha how much?
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
craig

Post by craig »

Looks awesome, top colour too. Don't see a problem with the price for a kitted cosmos blue clean rev5 turbo.
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

looks tidy but still pretty steep... i'd still buy it!

I do like the look of those lights. Anyone know where i could get a set, or how difficult it'd be to make my own set? i've got 2 pairs of projector lights sitting in the garage from the bike that'd be perfect...
Nick

Post by Nick »

If its all straight that looks pretty good value . Check out the prices on a rev 5 tubby on yahoo japan . If you havn`t looked I think you will be shocked how much one costs .
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

That looks like a very tidy and up together car. I think the price is quite reasonable to be honest - if you get a rough one you could very easily spend more than that buying a new tubby engine and all the associated parts let alone the fitting of everything.

If I was after a hobby car that new and was in the market I'd be very tempted. I think cars in good condition which are a little different or rare will always fetch a decent amount of money regardless of the what the rest of the market is doing :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

Worth £6.5k all day.

I'd happily pay more than £7k for that...
Last edited by Racer7 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

Nick wrote:If its all straight that looks pretty good value . Check out the prices on a rev 5 tubby on yahoo japan . If you havn`t looked I think you will be shocked how much one costs .

Exactly! You have to take a seat as a Rev5 tubby will set you back £11k before you're talking about landed prices.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Pardon my ignorance but why are Rev5 Turbos so sort after/expensive? Just rarity?
No 2 :(
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

MR2 Rich wrote:Pardon my ignorance but why are Rev5 Turbos so sort after/expensive? Just rarity?

IMO it is mainly the rarity and the fact that you're buying a younger car.

Of course that's not to say a rarely used Rev3 wouldn't be just as good. But for me as I wouldn't expect to sell I'd just try and get as close to the youngest/lowest mileage I could afford.

I don't think there are many Rev5 GTS/GT turbos in the UK as they didn't get imported much due to the 10year import law introduced in 2003/4. By the time the 10year window opended up for that year (around 2008/9) the currency market went belly up. So the same car that was £8k became £11k just on currency change alone.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Racer7 wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:Pardon my ignorance but why are Rev5 Turbos so sort after/expensive? Just rarity?

IMO it is mainly the rarity and the fact that you're buying a younger car.

Of course that's not to say a rarely used Rev3 wouldn't be just as good. But for me as I wouldn't expect to sell I'd just try and get as close to the youngest/lowest mileage I could afford.

I don't think there are many Rev5 GTS/GT turbos in the UK as they didn't get imported much due to the 10year import law introduced in 2003/4. By the time the 10year window opended up for that year (around 2008/9) the currency market went belly up. So the same car that was £8k became £11k just on currency change alone.

Thanks for explaining it :thumleft:
No 2 :(
Torero

Post by Torero »

Just to throw some fuel on the "import tubby" fire.

Lee (Uglee) just sold his mint 2GR for £6k it was spotless and had a full custom alcantara interior.

Far more BHP and bang for your buck in a 2GR conversion for the same money. So it does skew the tubby price a bit.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Loque

Post by Loque »

Torero wrote:Just to throw some fuel on the "import tubby" fire.

Lee (Uglee) just sold his mint 2GR for £6k it was spotless and had a full custom alcantara interior.

Far more BHP and bang for your buck in a 2GR conversion for the same money. So it does skew the tubby price a bit.

And that was a beautiful car. If I'd have had 6 grand spare I'd have snapped it up over anything else MR-2.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Ditto - that was a lovely and well cared for example. I think that went too cheap to be honest given how good an example it was and how much money had been poured into it.

I'd have that over any tubby any day although I'm a little bias obviously :mrgreen:

Nick

Post by Nick »

Torero wrote:Just to throw some fuel on the "import tubby" fire.

Although that sounds nice I think its being the last model and original that adds to the price . Modded cars will go down originals will become more collectible.
Last edited by Nick on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Worth it IMO but then I also drive a cosmos rev5 with genuine toms parts in the lens...

Ps genuine TRD coilover suspension... And intergalactic ride height?!
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Nick wrote:Although that sounds nice I think its being the last model and original that adds to the price . Modded cars will go down originals will become more collectible.

For the most part I agree with you... But it's like anything there will always be those few cars out there who will buck the trend. There will be a few modified cars who will be done so beautifully or in such a unique way (eg with rare jdm parts or huge engine mods) that they will out price their standard counterparts. I'm not talking about the Halford special "show" cars :lol: but the ones with some serious serious bank notes thrown at them.

Nick

Post by Nick »

You right Karl, Having certain period and rare parts would not detract from the value . Having the wrong engine I think will even if it is great.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Looks relatively stock apart from the kit, low mileage and the rarest year of production? Dont see how that price isnt reasonable tbh as long as its not hiding any nasty suprises underneath.

I bet in 10 years time people will be saying it wouldve been a bargain at 6k when all the rusty heaps have been scrapped.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

My word, that's expensive.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”