white mk2 stevenage

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrgarry2turbo

white mk2 stevenage

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

Rev 3 (I thank, didn't catch reg).

Gunnels wood/ six hills, big dip roundabout
HighwayStar

Re: white mk2 stevenage

Post by HighwayStar »

I was passing through that area that Monday going to the Pinehill hospital but I'm driving a spoilerless rev1...

R.
mrgarry2turbo

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

Yeh was spoiler less, looks like blacked out rear lights from the side too.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

No blacked out lights on mine. Have a look at my garage pics and see if it looks familiar...
unowho

Post by unowho »

Hi

We're in Stevenage, with a white Mk2, Rev 3 could have been us (only just seen the post) but I have a spoiler with Lexus rear lights and smokey front.
Also seen a Blue near us and possible now a black one :)
Proud Mk2 owner
mrgarry2turbo

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

its was deffo spoliers, it may of just been the angle at which i saw the rear lights making them look blacked out, by looking at the garage pics it looks like yours highwaystar.

cant say ive seen a white with lexus lights yet.

i drive a black mk2 rev 1 so it might of been me you see, havnt seen another black one yet.

its wired, before i bought my 2 last august i kept seeing mk2's, but now i own one i never see any.

Only ones ive seen in stevenage, is my mates blue n/a (parked by ken brown motors KIA), the white one from this post, another blue n/a possibly turbo with standard mk2 wheels, driven by a woman. and a one other which i think was a really nice blue cant quite remember though.
but that is literally all ive seen since august lol. i dont go to meets or anything.
also seen only 2 mk1s, white one driven by a asian guy and a red one (seen twice) driven buy a guy about in his 50's (midlife crisis) lol only jk.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Well there's a regular meet in Milton Keynes (4th Sat of every month I believe.... but do check in events) if you want to see some more 2's.....
unowho

Post by unowho »

well we're off Broadwater Crescent and Blue one down Ashdown Road and we saw the Black one going off there a few weeks back.
I used to pass a couple on my old work run and I've not seen any for a while, maybe we should all met up?

Mk meet is usually 4th/last Saturday of month and this side of MK, haven't been for a while but we're getting out and about this year and off to Le Mans this June with IMOC/Mk1 club and others thrown in too

Debs
Proud Mk2 owner
mrgarry2turbo

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

Just seen another last night (was black) PxxxODU, Tesco carpark, I parked right next to it but I was in n out before them so didn't see the owner, might b a member on here.
I'm interested in meeting up as some time, got a bit of work todo on it before I really show it off lol.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

2 weeks and 2 days till the MK meet... assuming it's on as usual.
Get cracking!
Willenium

Post by Willenium »

MK meet is bi-monthly now so I think the next one is in Feb.

I'm local, seen quite a few around but nobody I know. Got a friend who has a rather loud white Rev1 N/A. My bro and I share a black Rev3 which spends it's time either in London with him or around Herts with me. If there's a few of us not too far apart we should all meet up sometime :thumleft:
Herts66

Mr

Post by Herts66 »

I am in Hertford
There's another in Ware
Would be up for a mini meet in Herts
Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 »

I am in Hertford but I have a Mk1....

I used to always wave to Mk2's in Stevenage and Eat Herts but never got acknowledged. Beside a black one waiting at a Roundabout once and the driver looked at me and then pointedly looked in the other direction.

So to all of you, I may be in a mk1 but please still wave at me.

I would be up for a mini Herts meet, I promise to sit in a corner and not bother any of you
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

There's a pub/restaurant called the White Horse just outside Harpenden in Hatchings Green. Used to be run by Marco Pierre White and it's still an expensive place to eat but they do have a massive car park... Beer prices not exactly cheap but also not too hideous (not that us drivers will be drinking much anyway).
I'm there tomorrow with the better half and I could always ask if they'd allocate us some spots to park together some w/e if anybody fancies it?

R.
Willenium

Post by Willenium »

HighwayStar wrote:There's a pub/restaurant called the White Horse just outside Harpenden in Hatchings Green. Used to be run by Marco Pierre White and it's still an expensive place to eat but they do have a massive car park... Beer prices not exactly cheap but also not too hideous (not that us drivers will be drinking much anyway).
I'm there tomorrow with the better half and I could always ask if they'd allocate us some spots to park together some w/e if anybody fancies it?

R.

Sounds good to me. I'm just trying to envisage where this place is. Did it used to be called The Peppercorn?

EDIT: No, it most certainly didn't did it lol #-o I know exactly where that is now. West Common.
Herts66

Post by Herts66 »

Kateg28 wrote:I am in Hertford but I have a Mk1....

I used to always wave to Mk2's in Stevenage and Eat Herts but never got acknowledged. Beside a black one waiting at a Roundabout once and the driver looked at me and then pointedly looked in the other direction.

So to all of you, I may be in a mk1 but please still wave at me.

I would be up for a mini Herts meet, I promise to sit in a corner and not bother any of you

Kate - I'll keep an eye out. I have rev 4 sonic shadow with graphite wheels.

Don't forget to wave back!

Also up for a local meet.
Willenium

Post by Willenium »

I saw an orange MK2 in Welwyn Garden City today. Waved but he totally ignored me.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Had a very lovely meal at The White Horse yesterday .... very nice menu choices but totally forgot to ask about allocated parking etc. I'll drop back in on Mon and ask.
If they will does anyone fancy a mini meet next Sat for a few hours?
Willenium

Post by Willenium »

Yeah I should be able to do that (weather permitting).
Herts66

Meet

Post by Herts66 »

Can't do Saturday.
Suggest leaving it for a month until we get some decent weather?

Return to “Spotted”