[Mk2] [Turbo] fuel light staying on?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ccfc_harwood

[Mk2] [Turbo] fuel light staying on?

Post by ccfc_harwood »

hi everyone,

i had the 2 out for the first time in a few weeks, english weather :evil: i was running low on fuel and the fuel low warning light came on, stuck 40quids worth of optimax in, the fuel level went up to halfway but the light stayed on :-k now the lights still on but thye levels gone down. it struggled starting earlyer aswell but gev it another go and it was fine, dont wna go anywhere incase i get stuck with no fuel getting to the engine to get me home lol

any ideas?
Baker

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] fuel light staying on?

Post by Baker »

Graeme Shaw

Post by Graeme Shaw »

I too have this problem. Having looked through loads of posts im confused.

1. Where is the fuel sender, do i have to remove the fuel tank to change the sender that controls the low fuel warning light?

2. Is the needle and the low warning light controlled from the same place? Different posts seem to say different things!

G
Harold

Post by Harold »

The fuel level sensor and the low fuel level sensor are both together and easily accessible from within the cockpit. There is a guide either on the knowledge base here or on mr2oc, if your fuel light is on all the time then the little ball inside the low fuel level sensor is probably stuck, you should be able to shake it free. You access it via removing the dash trim around the stereo and it's underneath the ashtray, unscrew the metal plate under the ashtray and then you can remove the float. The guide has all the details, best of luck.
Moo

Post by Moo »

Harold wrote:if your fuel light is on all the time then the little ball inside the low fuel level sensor is probably stuck, you should be able to shake it free.

There's no ball inside the low fuel level sensor. See this thread for how it works.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

To the OP, have you had any weird voltage problems recently? Dead battery or alternator, or had to jump start the car?
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “Mechanical”