Just bought a rev5 ...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: Just bought a rev5 ...

Post by craig »

If I ever get my car resprayed, this will be the colour it gets painted in :D

That or 202 :lol:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

RedMR² wrote:If I ever get my car resprayed, this will be the colour it gets painted in :D

That or 202 :lol:

want this one? ill put your engine in it for ya....... :oldtongue:
craig

Post by craig »

LOL thanks for the offer mate, but 1 MR2 is enough :mrgreen:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

i meant on an exchange basis... i do the work, i get your car plus a bit of cash.. you get a rev5 turbo in orange
craig

Post by craig »

nah, I'm ok dude :thumleft:
greeny

Post by greeny »

lemonyfresh wrote:What's wrong with NA's?!?!?! So much predjudice against them on here!

unless you plan on tracking or dragging it then surely they are more than adequate - mine is!

Someone touch a nerve? :mrgreen:

Dale are you still interested in this rev3 engine mate?

Would go lovely in there :lol:

Let me know,

Cheers.
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

greeny wrote:
lemonyfresh wrote:What's wrong with NA's?!?!?! So much predjudice against them on here!

unless you plan on tracking or dragging it then surely they are more than adequate - mine is!

Someone touch a nerve? :mrgreen:

Dale are you still interested in this rev3 engine mate?

Would go lovely in there :lol:

Let me know,

Cheers.

I am greeny, just trying to organise some free funds, couldnt miss this rev 5 opportunity...
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

nice, always thought this was just an import colour
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Quigonjay wrote:nice, always thought this was just an import colour

seems alot of people thought the same.... :D
ryan

Post by ryan »

Nice Dale, she will be well looked after in your hands as well! I found my rev4 n/a to be lacking in punch to my rev1 with no cat, no abs, no p/s, it was more torquier
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

ryan wrote:Nice Dale, she will be well looked after in your hands as well! I found my rev4 n/a to be lacking in punch to my rev1 with no cat, no abs, no p/s, it was more torquier

Cheers Ryan, yeah I know what you mean, Im sure my rev2 NA was quicker :-k but that was years ago and im getting old so I cant remember well....
uglee

Post by uglee »

Dale_V wrote:
ryan wrote:Nice Dale, she will be well looked after in your hands as well! I found my rev4 n/a to be lacking in punch to my rev1 with no cat, no abs, no p/s, it was more torquier

Cheers Ryan, yeah I know what you mean, Im sure my rev2 NA was quicker :-k but that was years ago and im getting old so I cant remember well....

I always remember the earlier revision n/a's felt much better than the later revisions. When my rev4 still had it's original engine in, it was completely underwhelming.

Maybe the later rev4/5 which have the EGR stuff that robs it of a bit of power, combined with the heaviest shell means it's a bit lacklustre compared to the rev1+2's? :-k
ryan

Post by ryan »

uglee wrote:
Dale_V wrote:

I always remember the earlier revision n/a's felt much better than the later revisions. When my rev4 still had it's original engine in, it was completely underwhelming.

Maybe the later rev4/5 which have the EGR stuff that robs it of a bit of power, combined with the heaviest shell means it's a bit lacklustre compared to the rev1+2's? :-k

Strange as the rev4/5 had 168 as opposed to 158bhp of the rev1, but it always flet as flat as a fart :-k
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

I too thought this colour was only on imports. So far I have only seen 1 other turbo and a BEAMS one, both of which are imports.
I have had mine 7 years now and just put it back on the road after a winter hibernation. I still just love the colour.
vishpish

Post by vishpish »

x3 never seen a uk mr2 that colour!

reminds me of the nsx orange too

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”