Overpriced!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SuperRedMR2

Overpriced!

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2759.l1259

Why has it got a supercharger decal???
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Re: Overpriced!

Post by oukie »

Because the owner has no taste, look at all the toot stuck on :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Don't get me wrong, I think the Mk1 is one of the best looking cars around, but this one makes me feel physically sick! :sick:

Look at the steering wheel! Who in their right mind thinks that a chrome steering wheel looks good! And the Senna autograph and all the cluttered writing all over it. He says it's always a talking point. What do they say? 'Look at that awful looking chavved up MR2' #-o

What he should have said is: bought from a 68 year old woman in good condition, and then I ruined it!

Just my opinion of course :oldtongue:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Looks like someone had a pretty successful ramraid at Halfords :thumleft:
richyrask

Post by richyrask »

Oh boy thats the best laugh I have had all week, the steering wheel is a peach. How the hell does someone think that looks good. It does look in good nick, but it has about 20kg of crap on it. I bet the handling is good as well with those 18's on it, not. Oh and i love the Led front strip things on the sidelights.. Oh and the extra gauges. Nice..
aw11rally

Cool, cold, warm, hot, ram, feed, forced, intake, induction air filter system

Post by aw11rally »

Is it me or is the 'cold' air feed coming from the exhaust manifold area to the filter!?!
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

PW@Woodsport wrote:Looks like someone had a pretty successful ramraid at Halfords :thumleft:

LOL!!

The leds look xxxx, the scoop looks xxxx with the mesh around it.

The charger decal I did email him about because I cant stand it when things are like that.

The 18s, no point trying to go round a corner in the wet.

The guy is a helmet and it really upsets me to see how people can ruin a stunning car.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

:roll:

Everyone has different opinions of what they like. The car may not be to peoples tastes but there is no reason to insult the seller.

Personally I quite like the seats, everything else can be removed.

And the cold air feed doesnt come from the manifold, it comes from round the battery at a guess.
ROB-E

Post by ROB-E »

Maybe he have a leaf blower?
mulaz

Post by mulaz »

i'm looking for another clean mk1 and i was shocked to see this listed at a starting price of £3300!.
it's also making out to be a supercharged!!!.
i think removing the bling would help sell .but the best thing to remove would be £££££££££ from the price
ulysess1966

Too much

Post by ulysess1966 »

Where's Tim Westwood? :)

"What exactly is he saying with this ride? This car looks straight busted. Even Stevie Wonder could see it is just a bad look. Holla!"
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

cartledge_uk wrote:
Personally I quite like the seats, everything else can be removed.

I'm with you here, the seats look good. Shame about the rest.

The cold air intake does look like it's going to be nicely heated by the exhaust manifold.

And I'm just looking at those extra gauges. The 2 outer ones look like temp and volts, which are on the dash anyway! But what are the two in the middle? Or are they just stickers?! :D

Someone should email him and tell him if he wants to sell it, remove all the crap. Alternatively, advertise it in Max Power magazine!!!
widster

Post by widster »

Not my taste at all but i don't think it looks 'that' bad. Also i agree that it is up to the owner to personalise their car as they feel fit. Without freedom of expression it would be a dull world! Well overpriced though.
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

I like the seats.
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

Wouldn't mind those seats in mine (a car that can wear it's rear boot lid 'Super Charger' logo with a semi-honest pride as it's a conversion). I've never been that bothered about putting the side decals back on. My original GENUINE SC (I was the first owner of that car in this country; that car not the SC in general you understand) only had one SC side decal on but was otherwise 'mint' (ish). That one decal used to get people looking though (one guy in a custom purple mk1 once hung his head out his window in a traffic jam, going the other way, to say 'wow a Super Charger nice!') That prob wouldn't have happened without that all important side-decal, and this seller obviously enjoys complete strangers commending his choice of engine even when it's a blatant lie :clap:

I think MK1s look much much better with extremely minimal mods, no lazy eyes, no mass of stickers, no scoops, no aftermarket kit.. nothing, just tasteful 'modernising' to suit the individual owner (i'm not a fan of the side stripes so always remove them as it dates the car like nothing else).

and yeah that car was over-priced esp as it's also one of the most common colours that is also very easy to 'tart up' rust/accident damage (on white).
chorlton

Re: Too much

Post by chorlton »

ulysess1966 wrote:Where's Tim Westwood? :)

Vivienne Westwood more like - that car's a mess, and it's over-priced!
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

Someone has bit on it! Probably a shill bid to garner interest but still.....
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:
PW@Woodsport wrote:Looks like someone had a pretty successful ramraid at Halfords :thumleft:

LOL!!

The leds look xxxx, the scoop looks xxxx with the mesh around it.

The charger decal I did email him about because I cant stand it when things are like that.

The 18s, no point trying to go round a corner in the wet.

The guy is a helmet and it really upsets me to see how people can ruin a stunning car.

Why did you e-mail about the SC decal?
I find that wierd, not judging just asking.
I can put a turbo badge on the back of my car if I want, its my car....
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Just curious as to why it was, it may have had an engine change from an sc to an n/a??
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

Relisted and it's shed (boom boom - ged it... shed.... te he), sorry, it's shed £795 on the start price in the process. Still overpriced IMHO but hey, _insert_name_of_favoured_deity_here loves a trier...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-TOYOTA-MR2-M ... mobiles_UK

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”