who do u love beating off the lights?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Re: who do u love beating off the lights?

Post by Tiamat »

My favourite is to let them get in front and wait for a roundabout, and out manouver them on the roudabout and then pull away and waste them, let them know its faster and handles better!
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

I only posted so I can look at IMOC and laugh that it says

"who do you love beating off..."
"Tiamat"

Hello to the ladies :thumleft:
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
grant_day

Post by grant_day »

I enjoy destroying most things off the line but my favorite has to be Civic typr -R owners as they are soooo confident they can beat you, until you completly destroy them off the line and then play with them as they rev the rse off their cars :clap: , I dont do it often as my bike is far more fun, and im selling my 2 soon :( so im being really nice to it :)
phipck

Post by phipck »

i have a bit of a backward mentality on these things, i like sitting at the lights and doing the old "vin desiel", sitting looking purposfully at the road ahead one hand on the wheel the other on the gear stick, holding a gentle increase in revs just before the lights change knowing the lad (or more recently girl) in whatever half cut modified hatch is itching for the lights to change, then..........i drive off totaly normaly and they look like a prat screaming up the road :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I found every now and then, if I bit, I'd end up making myself look a bit of a tit when getting it horribly wrong and wheel spinning and fish tailing up the road :oops:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

phipck wrote:i have a bit of a backward mentality on these things, i like sitting at the lights and doing the old "vin desiel", sitting looking purposfully at the road ahead one hand on the wheel the other on the gear stick, holding a gentle increase in revs just before the lights change knowing the lad (or more recently girl) in whatever half cut modified hatch is itching for the lights to change, then..........i drive off totaly normaly and they look like a prat screaming up the road :thumleft:

must admit
i have done this a few times... i always end up laughting when they miss a gear or you hear a lund crunch...
scoobyslayer

Post by scoobyslayer »

Rubber Chicken wrote:
Kateg28 wrote:I completely misread the title of this topic :oops:

HAHA! Me too! Had to check to see what was going on,classic!

"who do u love beating off..."

haha did concider this double entendre and chuckle, but thought it may pass un-noticed. LOL my bad
scoobyslayer

Post by scoobyslayer »

grant_day wrote:I enjoy destroying most things off the line but my favorite has to be Civic typr -R owners as they are soooo confident they can beat you, until you completly destroy them off the line and then play with them as they rev the rse off their cars

yeah type R's can be great fun. had 1 come flying onto a roundabout in the lane to my left coming to a dual carriageway, undertake me and carried on. haha cought up with him with ease and breezed by to see a look of extream frustration and the sound of a tortured v-tec! LOL slowed down to smoke him again just for good measure :D
craig

Post by craig »

Tiamat wrote:I only posted so I can look at IMOC and laugh that it says

"who do you love beating off..."
"Tiamat"

Hello to the ladies :thumleft:

I chuckled when I saw that on the main page index :lol: :lol:
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

mine really isnt liking 4th gear at the moment so anything i do needs to be done by the top end of 3rd or it ends up a bit grunchy "why wont you go in you xxxxxx" grrrrr

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

porkers and ferraris on the rare occasion they decide to play
RobPhoboS

Post by RobPhoboS »

No 'beating off' of ANYONE for me thanks [-X

And not to extract the urine so much, I can't stand random things like that at the lights, unless it's friends for silly fun. (I'm old, I think it's lame)
Mike

Post by Mike »

To be honest I get the biggest grin from beating "premium" German motors. Audis especially, swiftly followed by BMWs. You see it all the time, Audi A3/4/5s usually diesel powered and with those horrible daytime running lights usually driven by someone in their mid 30s who has no imagination whatsoever when it comes to car ownership. I love smoking them in my 18 year old rice-rocket. Even more satisfying though was sticking to the bumper of an A5 along a very tricky local road in my 10 year old 306td :lol: he wasn't impressed.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

RobPhoboS wrote:No 'beating off' of ANYONE for me thanks [-X

And not to extract the urine so much, I can't stand random things like that at the lights, unless it's friends for silly fun. (I'm old, I think it's lame)

Sometimes you need to do it. There's always some arsehole in a range rover that pulls up in the wrong lane next to you with the intention of cutting you up. If it's not a range rover it's something else.

If I'm in the correct lane and the person to my side isnt, they're generally going to have to filter behind me. Well, they used to, now I get beaten off (the lights) by mobility scooters ](*,)
MR John

Post by MR John »

What most people would call a posh motor i'm with matt all the way :) Beating the posh boy's it's just soo amusing :) Also i beat a skyline single turbo he was NOT happy :lol:

But i save my car for the mercs bmw's etc, Or them MX5's pee me off no end there ugly and slow! WTF! And they think there the dogs boolloox or summat lol.

MR2 Turbo FTW Will pretty much kill anything on the road (Power to weight) and handling is superb :thumleft: I reckon 300HP would be nice with the handling Straight line speed aswell as twisty's :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Any idiot can go fast in a straightline, much more fun to anhilate people through corners. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:Any idiot can go fast in a straightline, much more fun to anhilate people through corners. :+:

The point is, any idiot can only go as fast in a straight line as his/her car allows. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's nice to put people in their place.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Lauren wrote:Any idiot can go fast in a straightline, much more fun to anhilate people through corners. :+:

who do you take on in your panda? #-o
MR John

Post by MR John »

In 950cc pug 205 :lol: I dont think so lol.

As for any idiot can drive high speed i think you'd find there's more to it than flooring it :), To do high speed and safely you need to have wit's about you and see the road ahead well AHEAD of you, Some people can just race a car and thats when you see accidents happening :thumleft:

Twistys are ok you don't really feel the power of the car in a twisty just the road holding :). I'd like to see a MR2 120MPH round a 90degree bend :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speed is high adrenaline (sp) Each to there own some people must be scared of speed :p

I prefer the power of a car :thumleft:

You like the handling awesome stuff :) XD :thumleft: :twisted:
easty-5

Post by easty-5 »

I think this may well be the first time I have agree'd with something that you have said.

As said, anybody can dump a clutch and floor it away from some traffic lights. It doesn't take a great amount of skill and you just look like a twit to all other road user's, reiterating the miss-conception of all modified cars being owned by boy racers.

If you want to go and have some fun in your car, take it on a track day or go find some nice secluded B roads. You will soon find out how fast your car really is.

To be honest, nothing beats the thrill of sitting io the backside of some very expensice machinery on track, where you really can push the cars (and your own) limits.

Dale_V wrote:
who do you take on in your panda? #-o

Those pesky Panda's will give a lot of very expensive machinery a good run on track. There was a pair of them at knockhill a few months back and you would be very, very surprised at just how capable they are on the corners. Sure, they lack the straightline speed but on the corners they are able to carry through pretty much all of their momentum thus making them very, very quick through them.

Return to “Driving Experiences”