Le Mans 2010

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

unowho

Re: Le Mans 2010

Post by unowho »

ekona wrote:You have to sticker your car up, it's the law!* I get mine from Dan at Hollographics, really good chap and the quality is incredible.

*It's not the law, but you really should anyway ;)

A By-Law as such :oldtongue: , I'm going to sticker up my Grand Vitara :-s
Proud Mk2 owner
mazdachris

Post by mazdachris »

I'll be stickering up the Lupo. Everything's arrived but I won't be doing it until the weekend before we leave.

It's so close now. I'm so excited I prematurely pitched a tent..

blue2

Post by blue2 »

All my tickets arrived yesterday but get this. For the past 3 years I've been going to Lemans something to do with the cooling system on my car has bu88ered up. The 1st year it was a coolant leak, the 2nd year it was the pipes from hell and this year the water pump has packed in on the beemer!! Crazy!! Getting fixed tomorrow though :D
Really looking forward to this year now! 8)
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

my tickets have arrived too and my car is stickered up already. felt like a chav going to the supermarket in a Viper Stripe Mk1 but it was worth it! :)
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I still need to get my stickers. Last year I left it too late and they hadn't stuck on properly, they all flew off on the motorway, was a tad embarrassing haha!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Ive left it too late to get my stickers doh! Does anyone have any spare ones? If so Ill buy em of you. :D
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Can Dan at Hollographics not supply them still?
blue2

Post by blue2 »

They have a deadline but can still be ordered. The only problem is they are so busy its now taking them 3 days to print and a further 3 days to post. I was going to buy a few but don't want to risk not getting them on time. Im leaving super early on Wed.

Ive got a couple left over from last year so Ill just have to drive in stealth mode haha!
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

Dan,

Its worth trying, i only ordered mine last friday and they arrived this morning!!!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Wow thats a fast delivery! Not sure cos knowing my luck theyll turn up the day after ive left, may just get a couple just in case. I called them on friday and thats what they told me.
mazdachris

Post by mazdachris »

My Holographics order arrived the next day as well, so I'd say if you get your order in today you'll probably be alright. Stocks allowing of course.
Kieran Williams

I'm getting excited now...i keep wnting to blow the airbed up!!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I was getting excited until I found mayo in my crankcase breather yesterday :(
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Kieran Williams

was there lots of it or is it just a result of lots of short trips in the car....
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Hopefully the latter :pray:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

It's rather odd. It's not like normal HG mayo. It's a different consistency and colour. And as far as I can see it's only in the PCV system. So my theory is that there's a damaged hose somewhere that's allowing water in to the blow-by hoses (I don't have the normal rain tray in my engine lid). Unfortunately the point at which the PCV and ICV connect to the intake piping is right next to each other so I think the ICV has sucked a load of this poo in and is causing my idling problem.

I don't really tend to do many short trips in my car but sometimes I have to for work.

Either way I haven't got time to fix it so it's at Luke's place... Hopefully I'll know soon whether I can go to France or not!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

*crosses fingers*
stuartbrentwood

Le Mans 2010

Post by stuartbrentwood »

I own an Mr2 and am heading to Le Mans this year. I am staying on the Tertre Rouge campsite. Friends have let me down late a d I am travlleing alone. It would be good to meet up, please let me know where people will be.

Looking forward to the racing.

Stuart
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Hi Stuart,

I think it's all covered in the thread but I'll recap for you; we don't stay trackside, but we've found a cozy chateau just down the road that caters for car enthusiasts (it's full of ultimas, astons, porches, etc etc).

I personally am getting an early ferry on Tuesday, planning on hitting up at least 1 qualifying session, the pit walk, mad Friday and race time, so some of us will be trackside for a lot of the week.

What are your travel plans?
stuartbrentwood

Post by stuartbrentwood »

toxo wrote:Hi Stuart,

I think it's all covered in the thread but I'll recap for you; we don't stay trackside, but we've found a cozy chateau just down the road that caters for car enthusiasts (it's full of ultimas, astons, porches, etc etc).

I personally am getting an early ferry on Tuesday, planning on hitting up at least 1 qualifying session, the pit walk, mad Friday and race time, so some of us will be trackside for a lot of the week.

What are your travel plans?

Firstly, thanks for replying. I am getting the ferry to Calais Thurs morning. Would it be possible to rendez-vous with your club? Please advise. Thanks.

Return to “Past Events”