Ferrari replicas? WHY?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Vampire

Re: Ferrari replicas? WHY?

Post by Vampire »

My car is a TRD replica, yet i get people saying your trying to make it look like a ferrari? WTF, get over it that my car is fast, Red, Wide and amazing you jelous c**ts!

All i need now is a ferrari badge of ebay................
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

JimmyTheKosh wrote:Oh you are soooooooooooo green with envy Bobby boy, why else would you spend so much time slating something that has no importance to you.

Heres a pic of my rear end for you mate, press your lips against the screen and give it a little kiss, go on, you know you want to.

Oh brother! This is the reason why I'm still in here mate. People like you are pure entertainment buddy. You have a chavvy gold medal from me buddy (obvioulsy its fake!!! hahahahaah)

Dont mean to be rude but are you a little slow. Just your comment wondering why I'd be concerned about something that doesnt affect me? Hmmmm, global warming doesnt affect me, nor deos world famine or the war in Iraq, but I'm concerned about them. Just as I'm concerned, as a car lover, about cheap tacky crappy rip offs of automotive icons.

Honestly, I think I may have xxxx myself laughing after seeing that rear end. I love the wonky bumper line and the sunken engine lid. Funkin hysterical. What makes me keep messing my pants is that youre so proud of it too. Oh, I cant breathe for laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offence but I'd rather wipe my bell-end across an image of that that kiss it!

This, the real thing, might educate you. Note the proper dimension, note the straight lines and the assembly quality. There really is no helping some people!

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

ps. At least the front of yours matches the rear. Both as droopy as an old man's tadger!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :silent: :silent: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-k :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John145

Post by John145 »

Why not just spend the money you wasted on a replica and get a proper car, like an Exige. Better looking, better performance in every way and its real.

Or why not just man up and get a real ferrari....?

Are the ferrari replicas middle aged versions of these speed demons:

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

John145 wrote:Why not just spend the money you wasted on a replica and get a proper car, like an Exige. Better looking, better performance in every way and its real.

Or why not just man up and get a real ferrari....?

Are the ferrari replicas middle aged versions of these speed demons:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
lemonyfresh

Post by lemonyfresh »

OH MY GOD that corsa is comedy gold :P
"i know, lets take a slow and economical small car and make it sound like a broken fast car"

"oh, and while we're at it lets stick half of halfords to it :thumleft: "

incredagay.

Anyway i didnt expect this much passion over the subject guys! i can kind of see where people are coming from over replica Border/Bomex etc kits and my take on it is this...

Each to thier own, as far as im concerned if you want a ferrari kit on your 2 then fine, i still dont quite understand the badges but hey! Anyway, its just when people come to sell them at rediculous prices JUST BECAUSE they look like a fezza it gets to me:

ITS NOT A FERRARI
DONT EXPECT EXTRA £££ FOR TAT
JUST NO.

to make a copy of a border kit or similar isnt quite the same thing, as yes you might be imitating a performance part, but not imitating a complete car and brand package. As said before when you buy a ferrari you are paying for exclusivity/heritage/racing history etc and those are things you can never replicate. :D
blacker than the blackest black, TIMES INFINITY!
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

lemonyfresh wrote:OH MY GOD that corsa is comedy gold :P
"i know, lets take a slow and economical small car and make it sound like a broken fast car"

"oh, and while we're at it lets stick half of halfords to it :thumleft: "

incredagay.

Anyway i didnt expect this much passion over the subject guys! i can kind of see where people are coming from over replica Border/Bomex etc kits and my take on it is this...

Each to thier own, as far as im concerned if you want a ferrari kit on your 2 then fine, i still dont quite understand the badges but hey! Anyway, its just when people come to sell them at rediculous prices JUST BECAUSE they look like a fezza it gets to me:

ITS NOT A FERRARI
DONT EXPECT EXTRA £££ FOR TAT
JUST NO.

to make a copy of a border kit or similar isnt quite the same thing, as yes you might be imitating a performance part, but not imitating a complete car and brand package. As said before when you buy a ferrari you are paying for exclusivity/heritage/racing history etc and those are things you can never replicate. :D

Amen Brother. :pray:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

stuck half of halfrauds on it, looks like hes crashed straite though the place and then reversed and re crached through it, my area is full of cars like this and the clowns that drive them.
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
todd

Post by todd »

JimmyTheKosh wrote:Anyway heres a reminder of mine just to wind up the "haters" a little bit more :clap:

Good for you amigo, don't rise to it :D

Looks like a nice car, wouldn't bother me driving that but then it wouldn't bother me driving a GT40 replica or a Cobra either both widely accepted replicas in the real world.
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

id quite happily have a replica of a 250gto or rs200

but still yet to understand the 355 conversion :neutral:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

John145 wrote:Why not just spend the money you wasted on a replica and get a proper car, like an Exige. Better looking, better performance in every way and its real.

Except that maybe the person doesn't actually LIKE the way an Exige looks.

To me, building a Ferrari replica because you like the way it looks is exactly the same as buying a TRD bodykit cos you like the way it looks or buying replica aftermarket bits cos you like the way they look.

We gonna start accusing everybody who's got a TRD replica of being a chavvy faker now too?

Also, while I'm at it, I think you're all jumping the gun a bit regarding JimmyTheKosh's car.

It's not that the front is droopy or the back is wobbly.
The problem is that his camera is creating a "fisheye" effect when he takes wide-angle pictures.

Take a look at that last pic.
The car is parallel with the ground.
Unless they're building houses with wonky walls in Swindon these days it's distorted.

;)
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Fish eyes arent the problem, I think your eyes are the problem if you cant see eveything thats wrong with that car, especially as you have a comparison with the real; thing. It's a crap imitation. Once again pure comedy that someone else jumps in and defends a MR2 covers in plastic to make it look like a piece of Italian exotica. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH................

Also funny that you still dont get it! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, do go get one done yourself, then we can all laugh at your poor attempt at convincing people your have something you do not!!!!!!!!!

Whats also funny is that people with these cars will never convince a real enthusiast or most petrolheads, which means the only people who'll ever give them respect are chavvy chavs and numbnuts. Great! The blind leading the blind!!!! HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH......

Oh look, 59 of them for sale on Pistonheads...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=192

loads on Autotrader...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used ... earch/true

THE ONLY REASON YOU WOULD WANT A FERRARI REP IS THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD A REAL ONE. IT IS NOT RARE OR EXTINCT OR A PROTOTYPE THAT NEVER WENT INTO PRODUCTION OR A PURE RACING CAR WITHELD BY RACING TEAMS. THERE IS NO REASON OTHER THAN YOU ARE TIGHTER THAN A NATS CHUFF!!!!!!!

ps. check this out which was in the Ferrari list on Autotrader...........

Think Ive just shifted another pair of pants laughing at this pile of utter steaming hot poo!!!!!!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

"Looks and sounds like the real thing"?!!!! Yeah right, if youre Stevie Wonder and someones just gone 7 rounds at your head with a baseball bat! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The interior is the best! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Brilliant, it almost makes you want to buy a real one just so you can go round laughing your boobs off at all the CHAVS!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: #-o #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ](*,) ](*,) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Maybe people want the Ferrari look but without the servicing and insurance costs?

Live and let live I say, it's really nothing to be too passionate about. :D
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

I think the real reason is more a cry of attention.

I'm not overly bothered if someone wants to kit their car or not either.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
todd

Post by todd »

Jaspa wrote:I think the real reason is more a cry of attention.

Take it that's Bobby (aka Shaggar) you're talking about then, certainly comes across as an attention seeking idiot in this thread :roll:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

tonigmr2 wrote:Maybe people want the Ferrari look but without the servicing and insurance costs?

Live and let live I say, it's really nothing to be too passionate about. :D

I wouldn't say I'm pasionate Toni. This threads continued to live through entertainment more than anything. But like with many things such as fashionwear, movies, music, jewellery, watches etc etc etc I just dont believe anyone has the right to steal someone elses material or interlectual property.

Somebody went to design school or college or went through a training programme. They then spent years working hard and building their portfolio so that one day they could design a car for Ferrari representing utter sports prestige, exclusivity and everything that underlines the Ferrari marque. How do you think it feels to have your work and the brand trashed and deteriorated by chavvy replicas.

There's a reason why they cost so much to run, they are supercars (are at least they were when they came out). They are supposed to be out of reach, they are supposed to be somethnig to aspire to. They are or were the stuff of dreams, their images pinned to many schoolboy's walls.

Like I said, they are not contributing anything by doing anyone a favour because the cars are extinct or rare. They are only doing themselves a favour by commnading undue respect by those who know no better.

B
easty-5

Post by easty-5 »

todd wrote:

Take it that's Bobby (aka Shaggar) you're talking about then, certainly comes across as an attention seeking idiot in this thread :roll:

And a grade A tw*t. Seriously Bobby, grow up. Just because you do not agree with or like that guys replica give you no reason to take the p1$$ out of someone elses P+J. If we all liked the same thing then the world would be a very dull place.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

todd wrote:

How can I be the attention seeker when I'm the one WITHOUT the fake Ferrari?

Funny.

B
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

It's a quiet sort of day here.
I'm with Bobby on this one.

R.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

easty-5 wrote:
todd wrote:

And a grade A tw*t. Seriously Bobby, grow up. Just because you do not agree with or like that guys replica give you no reason to take the p1$$ out of someone elses P+J. If we all liked the same thing then the world would be a very dull place.

Of course we can all like diffeetn things mate. Doesnt justify blatant ripping off of someone elses marque and hard work. I think you would say something different if you had a real F355.

How come the guy who respects others hard work be the one to grow up but the rip off merchants are the adults? Puzzling. Usually its the kids who rip off things they can't afford not fully grown adults. Very puzzling indeed.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”