[Mk2] [Turbo] Number plates needed

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

unyonion

[Mk2] [Turbo] Number plates needed

Post by unyonion »

I am after a dealer near Kidderminster (so dudley/Worcester/Brum or on internet) that will make me up some plates for my car.

I would like the plate altered slightly. I need the 2 of the M12 to be very slightly closer and in Italic to make the reg read MR

Does anybody know of anyone that will make these up for me please? Need them asap.

(And ps they are needed for the road)

Cheers Mark
fearless

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Number plates needed

Post by fearless »

if you want them altered it will be mail order only or ebay as suppliers have to fill out a large form and put there mark on the plates, got mine from ebay loads of suppliers on there its a mission getting plates from a shop these days, mail order plates have a loop hole saying for show use only hope this helps. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

unyonion wrote:I am after a dealer near Kidderminster (so dudley/Worcester/Brum or on internet) that will make me up some plates for my car.

I would like the plate altered slightly. I need the 2 of the M12 to be very slightly closer and in Italic to make the reg read MR

Does anybody know of anyone that will make these up for me please? Need them asap.

(And ps they are needed for the road)

Cheers Mark

As stated above, you need show plates, which are illegal for road use.

To save any "wish i'd been told" posts in the future, expect a £60 fine should BiB choose to pull you, and DVLA have the right to confiscate the reg. no on your 3rd offence. And IMHO it looks cheap and chavish.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:And IMHO it looks cheap and chavish.

this.

you will look like a willy
fearless

Post by fearless »

heres mine i dont think they look chav 13"x3" on front and normal size on rear with GB sign in corner front one makes car look so much better and had no grief with police as yet, just a full size square one for front when it comes to the mot.
better than these horid things.
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Thats easy to read though and doesnt look far off standard or mis-spaced. Changing a 1 and a 2 to look like an R is asking to get pulled. I`ve been done a few months back with slightly off standard plates so they will have you if they see you... (So I cant really talk,and tinted rear lights lol)Although I had driven around for about 2 years with no problems. I have perfectly legal plates on all the time now. Got my eye on a plate that will look good without messing around with it at all on reg transfers at the mo..

Return to “Modifications”