mr2 in the SNOOOOOOWWWWWWW???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

should i risk it?

yes
62%
no, you will perish
38%

Total votes: 45

fearless

Re: mr2 in the SNOOOOOOWWWWWWW???

Post by fearless »

i had a bit of a moment this morning, my service rd was sheet ice i turned to park im my managment bay and the ar$e of the car just followed round, it was worse than previous days, had my fun now just want the snow and ice gone now i hate having a dirty car. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Lictor

Post by Lictor »

Took my girlfriend home to her parents house and while trying (for the third time) to get it up a very icy hill the clutch went I still had drive but could not disengage the clutch. :( Other than that it was fine to drive.
C50

Post by C50 »

i plan on getting mine back on the road.. after the snowy season
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I've been driving around all weekend and it's fine :s drove over a car park that was sheet ice about 1" thick, no worries :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Danthrax

Post by Danthrax »

I've been driving mine all weekend too, good little car park opposite my house that covered in ice that I been having fun on. Well impressed with how my mk1 handles on ice :D
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

driving in the snow has never really bothered me but that was quite scary
got the bottom of the street and couldnt stop, straight out of the t junction, good job there was nothing coming or that the guy who usually parks where my car ended up wasnt there today
then on the way back i knew it was a bad idea but thought i would try risking getting back up the street #-o
again, good job there was nobody there, got about third of the way up but it wasnt happening so slowly rolling back, well i thought i was rolling for a second, i was actually sliding and couldnt stop again, span 180 degrees coming to a rest against the curb
they have either run out of grit or just couldnt be bothered round here, just had to grit the entire street on my own with a bucket and a scoop :lol:
starmist

Post by starmist »

Mine is nicely tucked up in the garage, i went out in my wifes S3 for a bit of fun, need to swap my 19's for my std alloys though.
4wd is no use if you have useless tyres on.
fearless

Post by fearless »

my shopping centre took delivery of 4 tons of grit i might borrow some i think, :-$ mind you the nice guy who lives opposite gritted our pavement which was nice of him,
the side roads where i live are really bad just sheet ice they have had no grit put down at all, we had these really funny things that look like bon bons in work but thay are salt balls weird to use but dont last long. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”