mikee66

Ps3 wins console of the year!

Post by mikee66 »

http://features.metacritic.com/features ... ot;title;1

5 of the top 10 games of the year were ps3 titles
SamUK

Re: Ps3 wins console of the year!

Post by SamUK »

Does it actually say console of the year?

Last sales figures I saw didn't confirm those findings. Even with the ps3 slim coming out.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

SamUK wrote:Does it actually say console of the year?

Last sales figures I saw didn't confirm those findings. Even with the ps3 slim coming out.

just because it didnt sell as many it doesnt mean it has less great games.... remember its quality not quantity that counts.... sales figures dont really mean anything
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

H3RB wrote:sales figures dont really mean anything

it does to the manufacturer ;)
Nails

Post by Nails »

it also means if the quality is there then they sell more
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Nails wrote:it also means if the quality is there then they sell more

not exactly
360 doesnt really have a very good build quality and ms keep banning people who then go out and buy new xbox...
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

H3RB wrote:

not exactly
360 doesnt really have a very good build quality and ms keep banning people who then go out and buy new xbox...

MS don't ban people without good reason.
But you're right about build quality.

Hasn't the Wii sold more than either the PS3 or Xbox?
Not exactly a huge technological showcase of a machine but hasn't stopped it selling.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Explain to me then why my psp graffics are better quality than my wii graffics and yes I do own both,
Infact I own all the main console's and the ps3 IS my favourite it just wins hands down for me every time due lots of differant reasons TBH

But mainly down to cost (yes It cost more new) but that was it. With the 360 it just go's on and on and on and on etc etc etc etc etc :shock:

I play online ALOT but probably not as much as some of you guy's but I sleep better knowing I aint got keep paying to play online :lol:

Also If I buy anything it tends to be Japanese this I put down to the fact that I would like it to work :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I heard the PS3 won because it's got a bigger willy than the 360. Tru dat.
Azz

Post by Azz »

You cant beet the XBOX on-line community, PS3 is leagues away IMHO

I have a PS3 which is now just a BluRay player due to me getting bored of playing the console and the rubbish game pad drove me insane! ](*,)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Azz wrote:You cant beet the XBOX on-line community, PS3 is leagues away IMHO

I have a PS3 which is now just a BluRay player due to me getting bored of playing the console and the rubbish game pad drove me insane! ](*,)

i never liked the 360 pads i used to love the old xbox pad but the new one is terrible! first time i ever held one at a sneak preview thing of the xbox i didnt like it then and still dont now.
yeah wii keeps outselling both consoles because of all the kids lol
Azz

Post by Azz »

H3RB wrote:new one is terrible!

You are quote wrong, :mrgreen:
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

I got a 360 and a decent PC (which is way ahead of the 360 and the PS3 but cost a fortune), yesterday at my mates I had the chance to play TW (Tiger Woods) on the Wii (never seen a wii b4) and what an awesome game, jsut the fact that you have to swing like your using a real club made it so much more enjoyable than using a standard console pad, was a great laugh after a few beers

might have to get one for xmas now!
Azz

Post by Azz »

you don't get the ambiance when playing on a PC, I sit on a nice sofa slap bang in the middle of a 800W (RMS may I add - not this MPO cr4p) surround sound system with a 146" HD screen, feet up, beer to the side. lean back and get involved. Feel like I am there sometimes!

Sat up infront of a 19-22" TFT monitor is like being in the office with a game playing.

Give me a £10,000 PC and an xbox and ill take the latter!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

oukie wrote:

Explain to me then why my psp graffics are better quality than my wii graffics and yes I do own both,
Infact I own all the main console's and the ps3 IS my favourite it just wins hands down for me every time due lots of differant reasons TBH

But mainly down to cost (yes It cost more new) but that was it. With the 360 it just go's on and on and on and on etc etc etc etc etc :shock:

I play online ALOT but probably not as much as some of you guy's but I sleep better knowing I aint got keep paying to play online :lol:

Also If I buy anything it tends to be Japanese this I put down to the fact that I would like it to work :lol:

Its £30 a year for a better online experience. You guys go on about it like its £30 a month.

And yea the Wii destroys everything in terms of sales.

The DS does too.

h3rb you keep seeming to try and stay neutral but you dont like the pads or any of the games. Just admit you dont like the 360 already lol. #-o
Rev 3 GTS
Azz

Post by Azz »

SamUK wrote:Its £30 a year for a better on-line experience. You guys go on about it like its £30 a month

Agreed, I cant believe the people who use "But you have to pay for it", Well its 8 pence a day, 8 PENCE a day!!!. Are you really that tight that 8p a day seems expensive to you? :shock:

"Ahh yes but my PS3 has ever so slightly better graphics", But there is no on-line community and you sit for hours playing the CPU till 1AM :thumleft: . Come on 8p a day is worth it, and you know it!!! ](*,)

Do the decent thing and turn your PS3 into a BluRay and get on XBL,
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Too true, XBL is more than worth the money - but the ps3 as a bluray player? sure was a bargain when it first came out and the player is actually very decent but since standalone players they have come down now and you can buy a sony bluray writer for that price (for your pc), couple it with Windows Media Centre (free with Win 7) and a decent LAN/XBOX 360 and sorted. :thumleft: :D :wink:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

I've also realised nobody answered my question. Does it actually say console of the year?

Or just best rated games this year? Probably to do with the fact that only Drake is the only game to have taken a normal dev time to come out.

And sales don't mean everything your right herb. Still isn't gud that the xbox is bak ontop even when Sony launch a new model. Bet they thought they were sorted for Xmas.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i do like the 360 but just dont like many of its exclusives, i hate halo and gears of war just because they arent my sort of games. i love uncharted and metal gear 4 but they just so happen to be ps3 exclusives. not my fault i didnt make the games.

i use my 360 everyweek for a few hours to play guitar hero but thats about it, the rest of my mates have all moved to ps3 so for me its better playing online with my friends.
also, my gaming pc is hooked up to my tv so i get to sit on my sofa playing games :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Funny, I'm sure I've read threads like this a thousand times in this section before.
:-k
Must be Deja Vu?

Return to “Games Consoles”