Door Handle Removal

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nige_B

Door Handle Removal

Post by Nige_B »

I never thought I'd have to ask for help on something so petty! However how the hell do I remover this little clip to release the door handle?:

I've unclipped the bottom part but can't get the clip to release, can't even get anything in there to release it:

Haynes is no use to me either, all it says is remove the clip ](*,) #-o
jimi

Re: Door Handle Removal

Post by jimi »

IIRC once you undo the bottom of the clip. the rod pulls out and the clip stays in place.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

The rod can be a bit tight and need a fair bit of force to remove from the clip. When it does go you'll probably bash your hand on a sharp edge somewhere inside the door for good measure too.
Nige_B

Post by Nige_B »

jimi wrote:IIRC once you undo the bottom of the clip. the rod pulls out and the clip stays in place.

Yeah this is true for the latch rods (the smaller ones) but the main door handle one has a wider end that clips into place. The clip then locks around this if you see what I mean. You can just about make it out in the pics

I think I'll end up resorting to kaiowas' method and take some skin from my knuckles. (all add's to the blood sweat and tears I suppose) :roll: lol
Nige_B

Post by Nige_B »

Just for reference a set of long nose pliers will do the job without the need for bloodshed lol. (half the plies on the end of the rod, the other on the back of the clip, and squeeze!).

It's one of those simple solutions that get overlooked :roll: :lol:

Cheers guys :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”