[FINALIZED] MR2 MK1 with some nice parts.

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

coverco

MR2 MK1 with some nice parts.

Post by coverco »

I have decided to sell my spare car, it is a red (pink) MK1 1989 sunroof model. I bought the car 12 months ago and it has not been on the road since, it has been dry stored in my industrial unit. The MOT and Tax ran out in May 2008 so it has been stood since.

Bad Points
Rear arches need doing, although they are not as bad as my good car was, the inner arches are good. The worst bit is the drivers side c panel, I will include a repair panel with the car. Paintwork is pinky and there are a few dents and scrapes but nothing ridiculous.

Needs the passenger side rear caliper swapping, I will include a second hand one with working handbrake mechanism.

Needs a battery as it has been stood for so long, but runs well and ticks over properly, and gearbox is fine.

Good Points
Has Koni adjustables and lowering springs with only a couple of thousand miles use.

Mongoose Stainless exhaust.

15" Smiths 5 spoke alloys that could do with a refurb, tyres have loads of tread but they are not great makes and are the wrong size (195/45/15).

New droplinks all round.

Interior is in great condition and all electrics (including electric aerial and original stereo) work.

Jimi Bracket fitted.

The parts are worth much more than the asking price of £600, so if you need Konis and a mongoose then you can save some money and get a free car.

PM me if you are interested.
coverco

Re: [FINALIZED] MR2 MK1 with some nice parts.

Post by coverco »

Well if no one needs the parts I guess I will have to put an MOT on it and sell it as a normal car :(
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

:shock:

Just seen this! That's a bargain!!! If I didn't already have so many cars I'd snap your arm off! In fact, even with that I'm tempted... :-k Unfortunately, you're just really far away... :( (a big problem with the car ain't MOT'd)

How bad is the c-panel rust? And why did you never put it on the road?
Last edited by monkeymax on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
coverco

Post by coverco »

The rust on the arches in actually not that bad Max (my good car was much worse), the worst bit is the rear c-panel bit but I have the repair panel. The inner arches are good.

I bought it to put the Konis on my good car but with the amount of use my car gets it would be a waste. I already have a Mongoose on my car so don't need that. I have the receipt for the Konis so know they have had very little use. I would let it go for £500 as is and the parts are worth a lot more than that, I don't really want to break it as it is too good for that and I already have a great pile of bits from the last car I broke :)
Nige_B

Post by Nige_B »

YHPM
Sprint Rich

Post by Sprint Rich »

How much with MOT?
dredd

Post by dredd »

Hi

sent you a pm
coverco

Post by coverco »

Sprint Rich wrote:How much with MOT?

With an MOT I would expect 7-800 pounds with the parts on it, but it looks like NigeB is having it.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Nige_B

Return to “MR2s for Sale”