www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Stereo Wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletch

Feedback Score: 0

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Stereo Wiring Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Everyone,
I have just brought a mr2 rev 3 uk car and i am abit unsure about the stereo wiring. I have searched through the site and found that mine should just need a PC9-411 iso connector as it has active speakers, subs behind each seat. I have just taken my standard head unit out and found the following wires.

but i had a look on ebay and spoke to a stereo shop and they said there should be wires which go in pre amp slots in the back of the new headunits, like the iso connector below shows

Any ideas anyone, do i need a different iso connector?the white connector looks like it should fit the iso connector in the second picutre.

Cheers, Craig
craigodlin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

from those wires it looks like the active speaker system has been removed maybe?? that plug is the standard stereo plug that doesnt have the premium sound system
Stephen M

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I think you have the correct connector there. It looks like the normal 15 pin premium harness.

The black plug on the adapter is an ISO-A power plug. It carries switched power, constant power, ground, illumination, and aerial leads, as shown here:

[url]http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/iso.asp[/url]

The ISO-A plug *may* plug right in to your aftermarket head unit. Some decks use their own proprietary connector for those leads, though, in which case you'd just snip off the ISO-A and splice in the connector that came with your deck.

Hope this helps,
-Stephen M
dalord

1991 Toyota MR2 MK2 GT - T Bar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
The ISO-A plug *may* plug right in to your aftermarket head unit. Some decks use their own proprietary connector for those leads, though, in which case you'd just snip off the ISO-A and splice in the connector that came with your deck.

If it doesn't the you can easily get a kenwood/pioneer/alpine etc to iso connector then plug in the iso-a into the power side (it will only fit one side) and the phono plugs into the back of the stereo. The amp remote wire must also be connected, otherwise everything will work but without sound.

Silly me forgot about the amp remote first time round and after 6 hours finally got it sorted [Brick wall]

Also this page may help: http://stephenmason.com/cars/mr2pc9406.html#overview [Very Happy]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: