[Mk3] [Generic] Speedo problem on my import mk3.

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

lexsum

[Mk3] [Generic] Speedo problem on my import mk3.

Post by lexsum »

help wanted again! not sure if this should be electrical, anyways;

i have a 2002 mk3 import that has failed its vosa esva test on the speedo. (and only the speedo, darn more fees to follow.) i bought the car and was told it had been converted however it appears that all they did was change the face of the dial to a uk one without doing the clever stuff.

the dial is a white faced one with a maximum of 110mph in the big numbers with km/h in the inside.

now as this car had cost me much more than i wanted to spend, i will never agian touch an unregistered car! can anyone offer advice on how best to (and cheaply) bring it into line? the reading is well below what it should be e.g. reads 70mph actual speed 95mph (by tester on rollers.)

thanking you in advance.
AllanE

Re: [Mk3] [Generic] Speedo problem on my import mk3.

Post by AllanE »

This is probably way to late, but on the off chance...

Simply make a new face - you can draw one by hand if you wish - just put the 95mph mark (or 90 one side and 100 the other) where the 70mph mark currently is.
You can fill in the rest with the use of a protractor (or a ruler at a push!).

The clocks assembly comes to pieces quite simply with a screwdriver.
For just getting the car through SVA, just cut a slit to the hole in the centre to avoid having to remove the needle.

- Any other help, let me know.
Rogue

Re: [Mk3] [Generic] Speedo problem on my import mk3.

Post by Rogue »

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”