Organising Meets? (Kent / SE Area)

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

PJ3074

Organising Meets? (Kent / SE Area)

Post by PJ3074 »

This is something I'm looking to do for SUMMER 2009 (as that'll be when my car will be ready by)......

I live in Kent and there is a great coastal road (A259) and I would like to do a summer cruise with a small group of fellow MK1'ers, starting in Folkestone and finish in Brighton as that seems like a central place for people to get home from. It has some great road combo's and places to stop for lunch etc.

So my questions are

1) Is this route done by IMOC as official get together, if yes how do I join?

2) If not, whats the best way of organising an informal summer road trip?

3) Who would be up for doing this as I think it would be pretty 8) for a whole bunch of MK1's to hit the SE Coastline?

Cheers People :thumleft:
Paul
Last edited by PJ3074 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: Organising Meets? (Kent / SE Area)

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Hi Paul,

There is a Kent Coast and a Brighton run once a year for each which are organised by a couple of the Kent people.

There's nothing stopping you from putting a post up in the IMOC events section to recruit some other people for the drive, but you're likely to get a number of MK2 drivers signing up too (unless you specify Mk1 only).

Alternatively you could chat to your local Mk1 Club rep about it, I think he's on this forum. :-k

HTH

Chris
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Sounds good to me - but I barely know what I am doing THIS summer, let alone next!
My girl is a MK1(b) Sunroof Model 1.6L

I'm a female MK1 driver.
PJ3074

Post by PJ3074 »

Blue1984 wrote:Sounds good to me - but I barely know what I am doing THIS summer, let alone next!

I know what you mean...just wanted to get an idea of interest...would luv do it this July but cars off road at present.
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

Know how you feel with that car off the road. Well im sure there will be interest if you post up near the time. I know if im up and running ill be up for it :D :thumleft:
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

You wanna do what? :shock:

The A259 in summer?!?! Leave yourself a whle weekend for tha one. :lol:

When the weather get good in can take 2 hrs to get from Dymchurch to Folkestone.

The Kent Run, or Kent Race, as it came to be known :lol: tends to steer clear of the 259 and winds round the back roads between Ashford and Rye and Folkestone. I think it's turning into a more open for all run than an MR2 run though.

Maybe the 259 could be a Mk1 revival run?

Karl
Last edited by Karl_T on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red ones go faster......
PJ3074

Post by PJ3074 »

Karl_T wrote:You wanna do what? :shock:

The A259 in summer?!?! Leave yourself a whle weekend for tha one. :lol:

When the weather get good in can take 2 hrs to get from Dymchurch to Folkestone.

The Kent Run, or Kent Race, as it came to be known tends to steeer clear of the 259 and winds round the back roads between Ashford and Rye and Folkestone. I think it's turning into a more open for all run than and MR2 run though.

Maybe the 259 could be a revival run?

Karl

I take your point that it does get busy on occassion, but its such a great road and the views are fantastic....I'd be up for joining a group of MK1s when my cars ready to do this sort of thing. :D
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Night run?

I know you'd lose the views but the Midnight run that Tiamat and I do is great fun. :thumleft:
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

Limeymk1 wrote:Night run?

I know you'd lose the views but the Midnight run that Tiamat and I do is great fun. :thumleft:

And suffers less from having no air conditioning too. :thumleft:

Karl
Red ones go faster......

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”