[Mk2] [Turbo] EBC and VSV what is wrong ??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kubus

[Mk2] [Turbo] EBC and VSV what is wrong ??

Post by Kubus »

I got managed to put the HKS EVC 6 on my tubby.
before i done this i had to swap my knock sensor ( fault code 52 ) resetted the ecu and no fault codes.

setted up the EVC for the proper boost ( 15.1 psi at the moment )
got the car running and i managed to get 8.1 psi of boost instead of 15.1
so where is the 7 psi of boost ?? all is wired in properly.

I found that :
when accelerating the engine knocks (/pinks) and this is being detected by the engine knock sensor. In order to protect the engine the ECU retards the timing until no more knocking is detected. If the ECU is still detecting knocking at this point, it may go one step further and close the turbo VSV, to limit the boost to a lower, safer, value.

and that :

you must disable the VSV if the EBC is to function properly

what is wrong guys :)
please help
cheers

PS. I just found out that if the VSV is "working" it wont allow to boost ( high ) at 1st and 2nd gear - as mine was boosting on MBC 18 psi on all gears it wont be that will it ??
cheers
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] EBC and VSV what is wrong ??

Post by raptor95GTS »

what revision is your car? and are you stating you have knock or just the a general statement of what happens if the car gets knock?
Kubus

Post by Kubus »

its rev2..
i dont think there is knock ( why should be )
the car was mapped on 97 ron ( i'm running 99+ ) and was mapped for 18 psi with aquamist WI ( at the moment it doesnt work - thats why i setted the bost at 15 psi ).

The knock sensor went dead - got it changed yesterday - reseted the ECU - no fault codes.

but it does run only 8 psi.

just checked it as I thought the VSV on the WG is blocked so it cant be "knock" even the false one so the EVU ont lower the boost.

everything seems to look fine :

I did take out the MBC and fitted the EVC boost selenoid in plase of it as was in the manual and as I knew it should be.... connected the vaccum hose to it as well and - setted the boost to 15 psi.
damn have no idea whats wrong ;(:(:(:(:(
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

if you blew one knock sensor I'd be turning the boost right down and staying off the loud pedal as much as possible.

However as to why it's only boosting to 8psi I'd assume the EBC wasn't working correctly hence the actuator pressure.I don't know the workings / wiring of that unit so I'm afraid I can;t help you on it.

Return to “Modifications”