[Mk2] [Turbo] look what some b*****d did to my car

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr Two

[Mk2] [Turbo] look what some b*****d did to my car

Post by Mr Two »

I know which vehicle damaged my car yesterday as i live in a cul-de-sac and the only vehicle which struggles to get up and down there is a Co-op HGV.I heard a lorry engine so went outside to see it "inching" its way past neighbours cars and it cleared mine too. I'd parked mine further up the street,well onto the pavement purposely to keep it out of the way as i am aware of the Co-op lorries negotiating the road.Went out to my car half an hour later to find this damage with Co-op blue paint on it :shock: :shock: :cry: . Obviously the lorry had hit my car on the way out!!!Phoned the local depot and the "Transport Manager" says unless i can give him the registration number of the lorry OR i have a witness then their vehicle more or less didnt hit mine :mad: regardless of whether their vehicles paint is all over my damaged wing or not.Spoke to the police who say yes,i would need a witness or a reg No #-o ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Monaco

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] look what some b*****d did to my car

Post by Monaco »

Damn, sorry to hear that fella.

I'm not surprised you didn't get much luck with the Co-op depot manager; realistically he's probably too low level, and from the perspective of not wanting to drag his depot through the mud, if he can make you forget about it, then he will.

Maybe writing to Co-op central customer services would be a better way to go: a well written letter tactfully pointing out the situation and bad publicity which will result, and requesting a contribution to the repairs might just work.

Even if they refuse to pay out, the complaint will most likely still put a black mark on that particular depot/driver (not much consolation to you, put it's something).

Failing that, are you sure there were no witnesses ;)
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

Barstewards!

Go sit outside the depot and find the lorry with black paint scrapes on it - take the reg number - job done :thumleft:

Then report them to the Police for failure to stop after an accident.

The depot must know who was delivering up that road at a certain time...
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Yeh Freefall,they do!! BUT its "company policy" to not give driver or vehicle information to anyone :shock:
Last edited by Mr Two on Sun May 18, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monaco

Post by Monaco »

Mr Two wrote:Yeh Freefall,they do!! BUT its "company policy" to not give drever or vehicle information to anyone :shock:

Yup, that's to be expected. Realistically, if I ran a haulage company, I'd have the same policy.

But the idea of going for a nose around their depot to find the lorry with paint marks on could be a winner.
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

Mate that is sickening - what an outrage. I would be livid.

I suppose looking at it from a positive perspective at least its only on the wing.

I would definitely want to check their trucks - how would you get into the depot though without them sending you packing?

Perhaps some Rainbow Six/ ninja stealth shinanegans are in order - maybe you could ask 'da executioner's' guys for support:-

Seriously though if that yields no joy why don't you speak to your neighbours for support.

If these trucks are having to squeeze their way through this road it doesn't sound like a suitable route for heavy freight.

What on earth is an HGV doing there anyway?

I imagine your neighbours must be concerned too about potential damage to their cars. If Co-op don't prove...er....cooperative (sorry) you might want to issue an ultimatum that either they repair the damage they have obviously caused or you and some of your street will be going to the local paper. Maybe trying to reach the regional director might yield more results than the depot manager. They own a bloody motor insurance company as part of the group anyway so we can assume they'll be covered!

If they really won't play ball then I'm sure the local press would be interested - they love stories like this.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

what a b****rd!!! Hope you manage to get them to sort it

some git lightly scraped my border bumper today but luckilly it polished out
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i feel for you mate, just sounds like your another statistic of crime, from their point of view that's how they would like to see it.

agree fully with James junior, the man has hit the nail on the head, it's just a shame you have to waste your time doing all that on top off being a victim,

you could always drop a neighbour £20 to say he heard and saw the lorry but they didn't think of getting the number plate #-o

whatever you do, good luck... :thumleft:
C50

Post by C50 »

James Junior wrote:I suppose looking at it from a positive perspective at least its only on the wing.

yup, could have been worse like a rear quarter.

i hate the majority of van/ lorry drivers :twisted:

ps - didn't this happen to Rhiannan x2? :-k
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

yup, could have been worse like a rear quarter.

i hate the majority of van/ lorry drivers

I'm a van/lorry driver :) and i wouldn't do something like this - hit a vehicle and then drive off.My car has a motion sensor within the alarm system and it was set off and it aint quiet - he knew he'd hit me :mad: :mad:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

not good to see that dave

if you nip up the jap breakers they have lees old car up there u might be able get his wing :)
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

I'm so sorry to see this it really is sickening :cry:

Yeah, this happened to me twice, front was smashed up ruining wing and bumper and then 1 week later the read quarter was smashed too :cry:

I really hope you get it sorted out, mine has been an absolute nightmare.

Luckil we caught the person who hit the front of mine, but never heard anything form the person who hit the back, no witnesses etc.

It makes me so angry that people will just smash in to your car ans sneak off and hope no-one saw :evil: :evil:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Get down there quickly and demand to look at their lorries to see the black paint and get the reg. Dont let them xxxxxx get away with it, don't whatever you do sit back and let this happen
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Thanks Rob - can you PM me the breakers phone no/address please :thumleft:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

go into the coop store and ask if they have the reg number for that lorry on that date.. usually on the delivery manifest (to which the store will have a copy), there will be the reg number of the lorry printed on it. this is there as the transport office have to assign each delivery route to each vehicle and then so the warehouse know which load goes on what lorry..

if the store ask why, just tell them that you have been in contact with transport about an accident and they asked you to ask for the reg.
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Thanks Ryan but did that first.Only the drivers first name was on the delivery not - no reg no and no surname :mad: ](*,)
Been to the police and they say exactly the same as the "transport manager"- no reg no or witnesses = no claim even though the damage has co-op blue all over it :mad:
Gona park one of my motors across the street and stop them from delivering :evil: :oldtongue:
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Jeez that is well bad - and more annoying that you can't get any info - I mean what do companies think we are meant to do, do nothing? What with all the blocks they put in the way that sometimes feels like all we can do is nothing ](*,)
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

Mr Two wrote:Thanks Ryan but did that first.Only the drivers first name was on the delivery not - no reg no and no surname :mad: ](*,)
Been to the police and they say exactly the same as the "transport manager"- no reg no or witnesses = no claim even though the damage has co-op blue all over it :mad:
Gona park one of my motors across the street and stop them from delivering :evil: :oldtongue:

Escalate it mate - demand to speak to a regional director.

Tell them you saw the truck squeeze past you car, rushed out, noticed the damage by which time it turned the corner and you couldn't get the reg plate.

Don't give up!
StuRobinson88

Post by StuRobinson88 »

OR just do what i would and stamp all over his face!
ferrit

Post by ferrit »

What a scumbag.

I was in a similar position a couple of years back, road was far too thin for HGV and a lorry decided he was going to squeeze past anyway.

Dented my entire front wing and drove off. Luckily someone witnessed it, and knocked on my door to tell me!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”