New Debating Point! Whats the besk MK of MR2 for pure driving pleasure??

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

PJ3074

Re: New Debating Point! Whats the besk MK of MR2 for pure driving pleasure??

Post by PJ3074 »

Lauren wrote:They are okay for long distances though nothing amazing in terms of refinement. The MK2 does better for mile munching, but really if you want a quick mile muncher/autobahn stormer by an M3, they are quite a bit more refined.

BMW's are for Estate Agent Types who can't quite afford a 996 and if they could they would be endangering their already small manhood's....
:^o

For that kind of money I'd be rolling out on an NSX (pop up lights edition) to let the xxxx in the BM know that the BOSS is about to eat him for breakfast :thumleft:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

PJ3074 wrote:

BMW's are for Estate Agent Types who can't quite afford a 996 and if they could they would be endangering their already small manhood's....

For that kind of money I'd be rolling out on an NSX (pop up lights edition) to let the twit in the BM know that the BOSS is about to eat him for breakfast :thumleft:

DUDE :shock:

Have you heard yourself? :lol:

:wink:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Well....

I currently have one of each. 8)

Love the MK1s (race in one :) ) and for feedback and predictability, if set up right, hard to beat. NAs a little lacking in torque for my taste. So am looking forward to having my SC back as a TC. :eye:

MK2s - as Lauren says, I had the most beautifully handling yellow rev3 on Tein HAs, ARBs and bushes. Have replicated that on the TRD I have now and TBH it doesn't feel as good. Only other thing is the 17s (were 16s on the yellow car) but I can't put 16s on the TRD. :) Can't beat the power kick of a turbo though...especially a GT35. :D

MK3s - well I am so impressed tbh - yes a little chassis shake with the roof down (even on an 06 model) but this is the only car that has come close to 60 average on my favourite handling road...only other car I managed that in was my R33GTR. It's so pointy - would like to add a bit more power at some point, but not until I've stopped cashing out on my other two. :cry:

Like them all. :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

PJ3074 wrote:
Lauren wrote:They are okay for long distances though nothing amazing in terms of refinement. The MK2 does better for mile munching, but really if you want a quick mile muncher/autobahn stormer by an M3, they are quite a bit more refined.

For that kind of money I'd be rolling out on an NSX (pop up lights edition) to let the twit in the BM know that the BOSS is about to eat him for breakfast :thumleft:

You obviously haven't owned a BMW. Maybe you will one day and then you'll realise my point.

It sounds like you are the one with manhood issues in all honesty. :-:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

The thread title is open to a lot of interpretation .
Different people find different things pleasurable

Myself i find punch you in the back acceleration pleasurable so mk2 turbo wins for me

SLJ \:D/

i had a mk1 years ago and tbh i was just too gutless (sorry mk1 owners :oops: )to put a smile on my face .although my upgrade to a mk2 wasn't initially any better as my first mk2 was a 3sfe :oops:

Having never had a mk2 turbo with std suspension i cannot coment on std ,but my mk2 with coilovers .roll bars ,tension rods and carbotech brakes . gets round corners faster than i would ever dare take it
SW20Paul

Post by SW20Paul »

Yeah but Marc your mk1 was made of rust and ground down pistons :oldtongue: :eye:

A MK1 S/C or MK1.5 I think is the most rewarding to drive, Nice to have the extra power than the N/A (although i've never driven a 1.5 :( ), Cant coment on the MK3 as I've never driven one.

The tubby is a good GT car with plenty of power for straight line blasts, The MK1 feels more "sporty" a bit lighter with better feed back and handling.
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

SW20Paul wrote:Yeah but Marc your mk1 was made of rust and ground down pistons :oldtongue: :eye:

Traitor :oldtongue: Best you change your user name to AW11Paul \:D/
:mrgreen:
SW20Paul

Post by SW20Paul »

3sgte wrote:
SW20Paul wrote:Yeah but Marc your mk1 was made of rust and ground down pistons :oldtongue: :eye:

Traitor :oldtongue: Best you change your user name to AW11Paul \:D/
:mrgreen:

I love all MR2's each with there own special place in my heart :hug: :wink:

I was just thinking about changing to AW11Paul :mrgreen:
PJ3074

Post by PJ3074 »

[quote="Lauren]You obviously haven't owned a BMW. Maybe you will one day and then you'll realise my point. It sounds like you are the one with manhood issues in all honesty. :-:[/quote]

Seeing as I've been married to my stunning Mrs for the past 15yrs, two kids on the first knockings...I have no manhood issues thank you very much...otherwise I would have purchased said BMW 3 Series! [-X :D
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

PJ3074 wrote:
Seeing as I've been married to my stunning Mrs for the past 15yrs............

:ttiwwp:

:lol:

:wink:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

PJ3074 wrote:
Seeing as I've been married to my stunning Mrs for the past 15yrs, two kids on the first knockings...I have no manhood issues thank you very much...otherwise I would have purchased said BMW 3 Series! [-X :D

Well I'm amazed tbh as you don't exactly portray a mature image with comments like you made.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Lauren wrote:
PJ3074 wrote:

Well I'm amazed tbh as you don't exactly portray a mature image with comments like you made.

Meeeeoooooooow!!! Saucer of milk... :wink: :lol:
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)

Return to “Driving Experiences”