[Mk2] [NA] remote central locking problem

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Big Jim

[Mk2] [NA] remote central locking problem

Post by Big Jim »

basicly it dont work... it got a bit tempremantal a while back and has since dicided to pack up all together. i have a cobra alarm but im not sure what one :roll: the yellow panic button on the fob works fine but the door lock button doesnt do anything

any help would be most apprecated thank you :pray:
mrfil13

Re: [Mk2] [NA] remote central locking problem

Post by mrfil13 »

Do you your electric windows stop working as soon as you turn off the ignition, if so it could be the 20amp door fuse where your accelarator pedal is. This controls the door ecu, if its blown it will stop the central locking and windows working once the ignition is off.

The door ecu is in a yellow box just above your right foot to the right if you need to access it, either that or take the panel off under the steering wheel, (about 4 screws) take the air pipe off for the vent, 1 screw, then you can see the door ecu.
RST

Post by RST »

If it's not the ECU then it sounds very similar as what I had earlier in the year (tempramental then the door lock button does nothing). 2 new door lock assemblies fixed it perfect for me.
Big Jim

Post by Big Jim »

thanks for the suggestions

right ive checkef the fuses and its ok

as for the door locks i think there both alright because when i unlock the drivers door with th key it unlocks both doors so the problem is between the alarm and the locks
RST

Post by RST »

Big Jim, that's good it works with the key. New locks are a bit fiddly and expensive to fit -thought it was worth a suggestion just in case.

Return to “Electrical”