[Mk2] [Turbo] Japspeed exhaust fit

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

[Mk2] [Turbo] Japspeed exhaust fit

Post by mr2nut123 »

I can see why a fair few guys have this on the 2. What an exhaust! Fits like a dream and sounds similar to a scooby with the downpipe on. Managed to come across 5 tunnels on the way home, weird cos I dont normally see them coming home :roll: half a tank later and my head is still vibrating lol.
LuizeGT

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Japspeed exhaust fit

Post by LuizeGT »

great thing aint it :thumleft: glad i got mine over the nur
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

mr2nut123 wrote: sounds similar to a scooby with the downpipe on.

theres a problem with your car then ;)
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

PMSL!! :lol: ^^^^^^
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

lol nope, nothing wrong with the car. Well put it this way, i've set off 3 car alarms so far
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Get some piccies up then...

:thumleft:
mikedht84

Post by mikedht84 »

i got a japspeed cat back system on my rev 1 turbo a couple of months ago went on really easy workmanship thats gone in to makeing the system is really good and im also pleased with the end result :thumleft:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Still love mine :mrgreen:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

is she throwing out flames yet, i luv mine, thing is i would like to hear it from somewhere else apart from the drivers seat... just not willing to let anyone have a shot though :(

enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

mrtee wrote:is she throwing out flames yet, i luv mine, thing is i would like to hear it from somewhere else apart from the drivers seat... just not willing to let anyone have a shot though :(

enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be totally honest, as loud as this system is i'm quite suprised/dissapointed that it doesnt pop and bang at all really even with the downpipe on there. My standard exhaust was took off and oxytorched all the insides out of it and that popped all the time. Still not complaining as the sound of this thing is amazing. Now set off 5 car alarms and counting :lol:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Pic as requested...

Decided to leave the grill on as I think it looks better hiding it a little bit.

Leon.

Post by Leon. »

mr2nut123 wrote:i'm quite suprised/dissapointed that it doesnt pop and bang at all really even with the downpipe on there.

Dude, it will, trust me. You need to give it time to get some carbon built up - couple of months really... :wink:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Leeroy wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:i'm quite suprised/dissapointed that it doesnt pop and bang at all really even with the downpipe on there.

Dude, it will, trust me. You need to give it time to get some carbon built up - couple of months really... :wink:

lol I hope so. I'd have though since it was second hand it would have done that straight away though as the insides are black as possible. When letting off the accelerator allowing the revs to drop slowly there's a constant small rumble of pops from the exhaust but nothing as loud as the standard one cut out. We'll see, all I can do for now is find tunnels and hope that in time it gets a bit louder lol. I'm still absolutely chuffed to bits with the sound of it though, between 3 and 4k revs even with the windows up my ears almost bleed as it's such a flat drone noise it's ace :lol:
nisnos

Post by nisnos »

glad your happy with it buddy!
I got a warning from the ol bill about it!!
haha
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

nisnos wrote:glad your happy with it buddy!
I got a warning from the ol bill about it!!
haha

hahaha yea i'm over the moon with it, cheers man. Just a quick question mate.. did you send it with a baffle in each exit or just one in the right? Reason i'm asking is when I got it, it only had one baffle in there and it looked well weird lol. I didnt give a cr*p as I was taking them out anyway just thought it looked funny that's all.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

mine didnt pop and bang for about 3 months until one day i heard it and it gave me tummy butterflys haha. now it does it on command........ floor foot, lift off for a second and blip BANG hehe
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

LuizeGT wrote:mine didnt pop and bang for about 3 months until one day i heard it and it gave me tummy butterflys haha. now it does it on command........ floor foot, lift off for a second and blip BANG hehe

Thats what im after, on demand rather than all the time. So you just let off the accel and then just tap the accel a bit or by blip do you mean foot all the way down again?
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

say if i see a nice 60 limit zone ahead, drop gear and floor, it to the 60 obviously :twisted: , then let off the throttle totally, and give the throttle a light tap. if you get the timing right then it bangs. takes practice to get it spot on but its fun trying :wink:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

LuizeGT wrote:say if i see a nice 60 limit zone ahead, drop gear and floor, it to the 60 obviously :twisted: , then let off the throttle totally, and give the throttle a light tap. if you get the timing right then it bangs. takes practice to get it spot on but its fun trying :wink:

Aye, I was on way home tonight from work and did it a few times. It's a nice loud bang :thumleft: I like the way that on letting off the accelerator, it burbles constantly if you leave your foot on the pedal a little bit going down the revs.
nisnos

Post by nisnos »

Pretty sure there were 2 bafles but hey - guess your not gonna be using them

ANTISOCIAL BA$$TARD!!

great fun aint it!

yeah a tiny dribble of throttle peddle has you popping and banging like a good un!!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”