MK1 CARBON AND FIBRE GLASS BONNET & ENGINE LID GROUP BUY????

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

martin-mk1

MK1 CARBON AND FIBRE GLASS BONNET & ENGINE LID GROUP BUY????

Post by martin-mk1 »

Hi all

Iv been looking around for a mk1 carbon bonnet and engine bay lid for a while now without no luck at all, there only seems to be a market in the US.

But after looking into it more I have now found a company who will make a mould for the bonnet and engine lid (hopefully based on the s/c with the raised vents) in carbon or fiberglass. See email below:

“Hi Martin,

That’s sounds good to me, we are looking around 8+ people to start group buy and if the people concern about quality & fitment, they are welcome to check all our other products for that and also there are few people have the MarkII MR2 which in the owners club and you should be able to get some feedback from them.

If there is any questions, please feel free to contact us.

EPRacing”

So im just wondering if there would be anybody who wants either a carbon fibre or fibre glass engine bay lid or bonnet. If you interested either drop me a pm or put ya name down.

ESTIMATES ARE AS FOLLOWS

MR2 MK1 Carbon Bonnet – Retail £380 Group Buy £300 + £35 carriage
MR2 MK1 FRP Bonnet – Retail £280 Group Buy £200 + £35 carriage
MR2 MK1 Carbon Engine Cover – Retail £280 Group Buy £220 + £15 carriage
MR2 MK1 FRP Engine Cover – Retail £200 Group Buy £140 + £15 carriage

These prices was given to me by email and are estimates but should be this price if we get 8 people interested.

I have put this post up on several sites to see the interest so we should easily get 8.

Any questions let me know please
martin-mk1

Re: MK1 CARBON AND FIBRE GLASS BONNET & ENGINE LID GROUP BUY????

Post by martin-mk1 »

Right i have an update on the C/F bonnets they will now incorparate a bonnet vent called the papal vent made on the twobrutal site see pic below:
CLICKY

we have already got 5 people who want this bonnet in carbon fibre so we only need 5 more to make a group buy please dont miss this chance to own a very rare one off bonnet that will be 50% lighter than standard and also increase downforce on the front end.

Any questions fire at will or view this link CLICKY
martin-mk1

Post by martin-mk1 »

The list so far

Paul Woods (twobrutal)
Sideways freak (twobrutal)
Millentubby(twobrutal)
Me
JimSr Maybe ????(twobrutal)
OlberJ(twobrutal)

Surely theres gotta be a few more out there, bare in mind that this will be a group buy and wont require payment straight away as mould will have to be made
Xhermes

Post by Xhermes »

How long would it take for this to be finalized? I would love a CF frunk but cant get the cash together ATM...
martin-mk1

Post by martin-mk1 »

hey mate cheers for reply :) we are looking at about a month turn around hopefully when we get 10 names down, i have got 6 so far so just a few more then i get the order in mate. Let me know when you can have cash by and il confirm if its ok.

Cheers
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

im interested too

I emailed a company on ebay as i saw some cf headlight covers for the mk2, to see if there were any for the mk1...
eRATic

Post by eRATic »

stick me down for a cf bonnet with the papal vent

pm me with details when you are ready to go. i am normally on TB though
eRATic

Post by eRATic »

does the sc lid have two raised vents in it? if so i may be tempted into a cf one of them as well.
eRATic

Post by eRATic »

also, couldn't find anything on TB about this. you might find you get a better response
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Interested in this - for the bonnet.

The SC does have 2 raised sections - however, on a normal SC lid (which is already made of FG and not that heavy) only the one on the passenger side is actually a real vent - it's where the IC would sit and seal.
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

also, I think I know what that vent is on the bonnet, but can you repost/host the picture somewhere where I can see it - not a member on TB.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Thread on TB:
http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=10354

Alex, the image linked to above:

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Coolio :+:

Any progress on the GB numbers?
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Ummm, quick scan through the thread and it seems that the OP is awaiting a template of the Papal bonnet design (as in a borrowed one) so that the mould can be made up.

On the plus side, this gives me more time to try to beg the money off of someone... ;)
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

:+:

Well, if they haven't noticed little old me over here, let them know that I'm interested anyway.

MartG had a bonnet he'd made up for his new track-car with the vent in.. I guess they could ask him if they could swap it for another one while he is building the rest of it....
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Speedy wrote:Well, if they haven't noticed little old me over here, let them know that I'm interested anyway.

Done. :thumleft:
martin-mk1

Post by martin-mk1 »

sorry lads iv got this on 3 sites and will run the group buy from twobrutal, sorry of this causes any problems but most of the people interested are on there and thats my main site i use.

We have had a lot of interest in the bonnets alone so this group buy will definitely go ahead, as for the engine bay lid these will have the raised turbo vents in them. I am also going to get carbon headlight covers for my self so if any one wants them let me know.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

martin-mk1 wrote:as for the engine bay lid these will have the raised turbo vents in them.

Do you mean similar to the SC ones? Do you have an example piccie anywhere, as it's the engine bay lid I'm really after...

martin-mk1 wrote:I am also going to get carbon headlight covers for my self so if any one wants them let me know.

Will you be getting the pattern alignment matched to the bonnet? If so, this may help gain a bit more interest as there was discussion on this in the Mk1 section recently.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

martin-mk1 wrote:sorry lads iv got this on 3 sites and will run the group buy from twobrutal, sorry of this causes any problems but most of the people interested are on there and thats my main site i use.

We have had a lot of interest in the bonnets alone so this group buy will definitely go ahead, as for the engine bay lid these will have the raised turbo vents in them. I am also going to get carbon headlight covers for my self so if any one wants them let me know.

No problem, just let me know when/where the money is due :+:
martin-mk1

Post by martin-mk1 »

monkeymax wrote:
martin-mk1 wrote:as for the engine bay lid these will have the raised turbo vents in them.

Do you mean similar to the SC ones? Do you have an example piccie anywhere, as it's the engine bay lid I'm really after...

martin-mk1 wrote:I am also going to get carbon headlight covers for my self so if any one wants them let me know.

Will you be getting the pattern alignment matched to the bonnet? If so, this may help gain a bit more interest as there was discussion on this in the Mk1 section recently.

Basically the guy can mould any thing you want in carbon fibre but i was going along the lines with the s/c and turbo style raised vents to be honest.

As per the light covers im sure he will try his best to get identical allignment on the covers if its possible. I hope so anyway :)

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”