[Mk2] [Turbo] Pete @ SBits

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

[Mk2] [Turbo] Pete @ SBits

Post by Chr15py »

Hi.
I REALLY didn't want it to come to this but have finally decided to post regarding my situation.

I bought a downpipe from him 3+ months ago and have still not recieved it! He insisted that I pay upfront to secure one which is fine. When I manage to get hold of him, he says it's stuck in customs and as a result has ordered more from Jeff @ extreamboost. They should have been here 2 weeks ago according to him. It is now impossible to get hold of him and his voicemail seems to be either full or useless (as he never seems to listen to it).

Is anyone else awaiting a boost pipe or is it just me - apparently, he has 14 other orders and the fact his inbox is always full must mean he's getting calls from other people also. Is he taking the pi$$ or is he really this $hit?

Sorry for language - VERY frustrated!!!!!!!
Chr15py
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
redmr89

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Pete @ SBits

Post by redmr89 »

ive bought from peter before and found him really good. comunicated well and the part came right on time. no problems for me. actualy im sure he rang me to check i had the part and that i was happy with it.

not that this is a good excuse but maybe he's really busy and your part is stuck in customs. he should still have called you to inform you whats happening. so a bit of a slip on the customer service there..
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

i may be wrong but i believe peter is dealing with a bit of a family crisis at the moment, cant get in touch either
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

I'm in the same boat mate. Go easy though - Peter's just a very busy guy.

I'm sure he'll confirm this but the situation he explained to me was that there was a problem with the paperwork with the first batch and they're stuck at Stanstead with over 100,000 other items in a customs bonded warehouse. Customs have had to start paying him interest on them as they've been stuck there so long. Problem is you can't actually talk to anyone in customs - only FedEx (the carrier) can try to sort it out and they're doing what they can. I believe that yesterday was the deadline for either full compensation for them or to have them shipped on to Peter so either way you'll get your DP or money back fairly soon.

You are probably aware that no-one in the UK has extremeboost DPs at the moment - the entire UK shipment is tied up in there. I know Peter was trying to get a few from Jeff but these seem to have fallen through too.

I guess sit tight for a couple of days and see if anything arrives - failing that, try calling him again. I know he's as annoyed at the situation as we are. He told me the other day this is just too much hassle for the very little profit he makes for the supply of these DP.
nisnos

Post by nisnos »

Yes peter is a very busy guy - if he answered his phone all the time hed never get through the work - not an excuse for him I just know from first hand experience as im usually over there each week.

I do know there is an issue with the DP's but peter will not screw you over.
ben_mr2

dp

Post by ben_mr2 »

yeah im in same situation. i ordered my d/p at the beginning of march and it got stuck in customs by april. i ended up buyin one off here so phoned for a refund. hes had my details twice and still no refund. phoned him the other day with no reply and then he tx sayin he was drivin and would phone later that nite. that was a week ago.5 months is along time!
KrisB

Post by KrisB »

I ordered some drop links on monday 16 jully and needed them by the 19th rang him he said yeah no problem guess what they still havent arrived yet this is the second time ive ordered things from him and its the same every time
Ian Geary

Post by Ian Geary »

well I ordered a poly prothane bush kit on the 25th JANUARY, and I'm still waiting for them!

OK they were free, :clown: but I paid the £5.80 delivery asap.

I can't be ar$ed to chase it anymore. If a trader can't be bothered to deliver, then I can't be bothered to use them anymore.

Ian
spindle

Post by spindle »

I've always had excellent service from Peter. In the past i've had calipers, droplinks, ball joints, poly bush kit, camber bolts, steering rack ends all delivered in good time, in most cases next day.
When my droplinks failed he replaced them without question.
Ok, sometimes he can be difficult to get hold of but he is a really busy man. That's what happens when your good at what you do. He really does
know his stuff and is an honest bloke.
that's my experience anyway.
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

spindle wrote:I've always had excellent service from Peter.....
Ok, sometimes he can be difficult to get hold of but he is a really busy man. That's what happens when your good at what you do. He really does
know his stuff and is an honest bloke.
that's my experience anyway.

Ditto. Always had excellent service from Peter and I'm sure there is a logical explanation to the current outstanding issues...
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

spindle wrote:Ok, sometimes he can be difficult to get hold of but he is a really busy man. That's what happens when your good at what you do.

I have had no dealings with Pete, but have to comment on that ^^^ :-s

Having great communications with your customers is 100% VITAL to running a good business. Busy man? We're all blo0dy busy!!! Sounds like he should be busy communicating with his complaining customers and/or employing more people to deal with the work load.

If Pete does have personal problems then, whilst we all wish him all the best in resolving them, he should either not let them affect the running of his business, or be open with his customers as to why they are experiencing the problems.
michael

Post by michael »

The problem as far as I can see it is that he's a victim of his own success but doesn't have the ability to say no. He wants to keep everyone happy but ultimately that means he's trying to please too many people and things slip.

He needs a minimum wage phone monkey that can learn the basics, pack boxes and help Peter organise his time, unfortunately I get the feeling that Peter is too much of a perfectionist to trust someone else to retain his own high standards.

But something has to be done, his reputation is already getting tarnished.
EarL

Post by EarL »

Gotta stick up for Pete here. If the guys going through a family crisis, I'm sure he'll be in touch when things are sorted mate.

He's a stand up guy. He won't let you down.

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

I've heard good things about Peter@Sbits too but haven't used him.

Guys in my view too much of you are way too keen to jump on IMOC and rant when a Trader doesn't deliver! Ok fair enough his customer services hasn't been that good!
In my veiw your 1st step should have been to post on IMOc to see if he had been in contact with any one else from the site. Then keep calling and try to make contact with him.
You guys were way to keen once again to give SBITS a good slating and call Peter disrespectfull names. Now its emerged that the DP are being held by customs would you like Peter to call the A-Team to go and get them!

By you guys slating good traders on IMOC i fear all this is doing is driving away people who are passionate to bring every performance part imaginable to Us IMOC the MR2 COMMUNITY!

Carry on guys :|
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

JAP BOY wrote:I've heard good things about Peter@Sbits too but haven't used him.

Guys in my view too much of you are way too keen to jump on IMOC and rant when a Trader doesn't deliver! Ok fair enough his customer services hasn't been that good!
In my veiw your 1st step should have been to post on IMOc to see if he had been in contact with any one else from the site. Then keep calling and try to make contact with him.
You guys were way to keen once again to give SBITS a good slating and call Peter disrespectfull names. Now its emerged that the DP are being held by customs would you like Peter to call the A-Team to go and get them!

By you guys slating good traders on IMOC i fear all this is doing is driving away people who are passionate to bring every performance part imaginable to Us IMOC the MR2 COMMUNITY!

This is like people being scared to give bad feedback on Ebay because they're scared of getting bad feedback in return.

I'm only commenting because I know the original poster very well and he was made aware of the customs problem weeks ago - this is old news. In no way should this thread turn into a personal attack on Pete, agreed.

Business is business.
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

JAP BOY wrote:I've heard good things about Peter@Sbits too but haven't used him.

I really didn't want this to go the way it has, I posted this as I wanted to know if anyone else is in the same situation - the whole reason that I contacted him in the first place is that there was lots of good feedback - seems like a ginuine guy also.
I bought mine at the start of march (checked when I paid) and so my original guess of 3 months is way out.
Bottom line is I have NO problem waiting but I would like to be kept in the loop a little more. It shouldn't be me who has to chase him to find out information - respectfully, it's his job as the trader to keep everyone informed as to problems with paid for products. When you leave messages and he never replies...bit bang out of order!
He did tell me that they were stuck in customs when the problems arose so fair enough - don't know about the second lot that were due to arrive 2 weeks ago...can't seem to get in touch!

I think I deserve the right to a moan sometimes... :(

Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

OK! :|
Feedback is always good Matt its sometimes going to be to your liking other times it wont be simple as!
The way I see it if your not satified with his customer service just say but names such as w*nker or asking if someone is sh*t it seems to be heading towards personal ok!
I'm sure Pete will be posting a reason sooner or later ok mate! :)
Chris also just to add mate I weren't attacking you on the post or any one else its just an observation .
michael

Post by michael »

JAP BOY - given you've no experience of using the chap what gives you the right to adopt the holier than thou defensive stance that is attempting to silence those who have a genuine grievance?

Sometimes traders, no matter how good, screw up, sometimes they have issues beyond their control that have an effect on their customers - the sign of a good trader in these circumstances is communication, it's this aspect of the sBits offering that consistently seems to be brought into question and that's a shame because Peter is a really nice chap.

I don't see anyone being overly nasty here and from what I can see there isn't any wild finger pointing going out without the substance to back it up, don't be so keen to silence people JAP BOY, one day it might be you that wants input from the community here.
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

KrisB wrote: and its the same every time w*nker

Believe me, Pete is a good guy. Busy yes... a prioritarian maybe not.

I cannot excuse his situation or verbal promises.

However, he is professional and a worthy member of the MR community.

When I ring and don't get an answer... I leave it. Ring a bit later... and leave it. Eventually I'll get through, and believe me, it's hard to get him OFF the phone then!!

As has been said, he's a victim of his own success. I don't answer the phone infront of customers... even harder when you may be on your back sorting a 15 year old motor.

I don't believe he will rip you guys off.

Persist..

KM
michael

Post by michael »

-:[KM]:- wrote:
I don't believe he will rip you guys off.

Agreed, he'll just annoy you a bit until you eventually get through to him :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”