DB9

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Rev2_mike

DB9

Post by Rev2_mike »

I was driving around milton keynes yesterday - lovely as always :lol: When a a very nice DB9 came up very fast behind. I pulled in and gave it a little juice - enough to hopefully 'wake him up' - then bang - wow he absolutely flew past - the grin on my face - what an amazing sounding car - awsome!! 8) Always good to hear and see a proper high performance car on full chat :clap:
megatart

Re: DB9

Post by megatart »

They are nice cars. Had a play with one a few months back in the hills around Colne way. He was behind me when i went to overtake a really slow dude in front. So i upped my boost and overtook, not expecting the DB9 to want to play- people with fast cars never normally seem to drive fast. So rather than just overtake and carry on cruising, i kept in planted with the DB9 behind me. I kept on breaking away slowly until we approached silly speeds and a few corners when i slowed down( wasnt familiar with the road that much) With my big grin on, I let him overtake me and he gave me a friendly flash with his hazzard lights before he pulled into a pub car park. Nice car in everyway, but it makes ya feel so good when a £5k Toyota can embarrass one. Roll on my GT3076 turbo kit. Shud be even more embarrasing for the so called 'supercars'. \:D/
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

megatart wrote:he gave me a friendly flash with his hazzard lights before he pulled into a pub car park.

I would bet that he didn't want to go to that pub, but instead used it as a convenient way of getting out of the challenge.

Most people with big-money cars expect to be given right of way or expect to be able to dispense of pond-life with a quick stab of the accelerator. When it dawns on them that they actually have to use the performance of the car and that the challenger isn't going away then they usually bottle it like the wimps that they are. Money and ability, or money and balls, do not always go together.

I've humbled quite expensive cars in my virtually stock mk2 rev3 tubby by no more than reasonably competent driving, sheer determination and having bigger b0ll0x. The other day it was a turbo Esprit, and a few days before that it was a couple of new style M3s. They are all macho when it comes to just sitting there and pressing the accelerator, but when it comes to a corner or when the speed numbers get big they just bottle it. Wimps.

Well done tubby. And all for £5k. \:D/

(As a matter of fact it seems that once the numbers get to 100mph+ I find it's only the Jap crowd that still want to play).

And while on the subject, just why is it that those who have paid for a new car think that new equals best? I've had Megan Sport, Leon Cupra, Focus ST, Audi S3 and Civic Type Rs all try it on. Silly monkeys.

It's as if they don't want a fair scrap, as if they want new-build factory-developed technology to do the work for them.

Oh I can feel a rant coming on... must be time to go... :D
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

my mate has made it his goal in life to get one of these - his name is Duncan Bownas of the number 9 crew :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Gordy wrote:
I would bet that he didn't want to go to that pub, but instead used it as a convenient way of getting out of the challenge.

Most people with big-money cars expect to be given right of way or expect to be able to dispense of pond-life with a quick stab of the accelerator. When it dawns on them that they actually have to use the performance of the car and that the challenger isn't going away then they usually bottle it like the wimps that they are. Money and ability, or money and balls, do not always go together.

I've humbled quite expensive cars in my virtually stock mk2 rev3 tubby by no more than reasonably competent driving, sheer determination and having bigger b0ll0x. The other day it was a turbo Esprit, and a few days before that it was a couple of new style M3s. They are all macho when it comes to just sitting there and pressing the accelerator, but when it comes to a corner or when the speed numbers get big they just bottle it. Wimps.

(As a matter of fact it seems that once the numbers get to 100mph+ I find it's only the Jap crowd that still want to play).

And while on the subject, just why is it that those who have paid for a new car think that new equals best? I've had Megan Sport, Leon Cupra, Focus ST, Audi S3 and Civic Type Rs all try it on. Silly monkeys.

It's as if they don't want a fair scrap, as if they want new-build factory-developed technology to do the work for them.

Maybe, just maybe they aren't interested in road racing?
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Or have more sense? :eye:
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Cannon fodder! :twisted:

MikeJC
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Lauren wrote:
Gordy wrote:

Maybe, just maybe they aren't interested in road racing?

Or maybe he wanted you to pull in for a chat. There's a chance he could have been a car nut impressed and was wondering what you had under the bonnet.

Just because someone drives an expensive car doesn't mean they're tools.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

jonb- wrote:
Or maybe he wanted you to pull in for a chat. There's a chance he could have been a car nut impressed and was wondering what you had under the bonnet.

Just because someone drives an expensive car doesn't mean they're tools.

Well quite. Maybe it was that. FWIW the 'tool' is the one that feels they have to race everyone on the road.
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Lauren wrote:FWIW the 'tool' is the one that feels they have to race everyone on the road.

Ah, so that would be me if I ever take the MR2 out for a road run :whistle:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

jonb- wrote:
Lauren wrote:FWIW the 'tool' is the one that feels they have to race everyone on the road.

Do you try and race everyone whenever you go out for a 'road run'?
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Lauren wrote:
jonb- wrote:

Do you try and race everyone whenever you go out for a 'road run'?

Pretty much *hangs head in shame*

No, seriously, I don't. I'll happily use the fact I'm in the '2 to show up tools in scoobs etc if I see them about though!

Confusingly a 206cc REALLY wanted to race the other day, I left him to it!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

jonb- wrote:
Pretty much *hangs head in shame*

No, seriously, I don't. I'll happily use the fact I'm in the '2 to show up tools in scoobs etc if I see them about though!

Confusingly a 206cc REALLY wanted to race the other day, I left him to it!

LOL!

But seriously and don't take this the wrong way, why do you feel you need to prove a point?

Why not just let it go? Let it be 'their' problem?
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Lauren wrote:Why not just let it go? Let it be 'their' problem?

Personally I get satisfaction showing the drivers of the "mid life crisis chariots" there's legs in the ol' MR2. They drive around like they own the road so it's always a giggle watching their faces as you pull a few car lengths on them.
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

Lauren wrote:why do you feel you need to prove a point?

I never feel the need to prove a point.

However I do enjoy a good quality of life :twisted:
SW20Paul

Post by SW20Paul »

Theres a DB9 in my village and every time its parked up at the shops I cant help but stare at it like a 10 year old kid they are stunning looking cars. Sound nice as well =P~
Harry

Post by Harry »

jonb- wrote:
Lauren wrote:Why not just let it go? Let it be 'their' problem?

Personally I get satisfaction showing the drivers of the "mid life crisis chariots" there's legs in the ol' MR2. They drive around like they own the road so it's always a giggle watching their faces as you pull a few car lengths on them.

Yeh baby :lol: \:D/

Return to “Driving Experiences”