[Mk2] [Turbo] STUPID INSURANCE COMPANY! who are you insured with?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Stushine

[Mk2] [Turbo] STUPID INSURANCE COMPANY! who are you insured with?

Post by Stushine »

ok i was insured with admiral but a direct debit was missed (ther was £6 to short in the bank ](*,) )

any way admeral wont let me carry on paying monthly and want £900 to contine my insurance, now i have not got a chance of gettin that amount of cash, and ive been insured for 5 months now and my premium was only £989 in the first place!

i have offered to pay over the phone right now with a debit card but they wont have any of it, they sayin £900 or its cancelled.

just been getting qoutes else where and its coming back at stupid prices like £2000 - £6000!!!!!!

i dont understand this :(
skipp123

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] STUPID INSURANCE COMPANY! who are you insured with?

Post by skipp123 »

elephant are the sister company there for the quote will be very simular
Stushine

Post by Stushine »

i doubt they will insure me if the main company has just cancelled it. they will prob be all linked up in some way :?
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

any way admeral wont let me carry on paying monthly and want £900 to contine my insurance, now i have not got a chance of gettin that amount of cash, and ive been insured for 5 months now and my premium was only £989 in the first place!

That just doesn't sound right. You should contact the insurance ombudsman straight away. Are you telling us the full story? Have you missed payments before? Still, I don't see why they're making you pay £900 even though you've paid off nearly half the total premium already.
Stushine

Post by Stushine »

nope not missed payments before, i have rang 3 times today, they said the qoute for 989 is with a 10% discount and only for a 1 off payment, they said its more because i been paying monthly and there is admin charges and stuff.

they still wont let me pay monthly and said the only way i can pay monthly with them now is if i let it cancel, pay the missed payment and a £55 cancelation fee. then start a new policy and pay the £200 odd deposit again!

i think they are just trying to take the p1$$ to be honest
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Borrow the money dude. Try Bank of Mum&Dad, suggest you pay them back with some interest.

Situation sucks and I'm surprised they're being so harsh. They obviously don't value you as a customer. What I would do is find a way to pay them (as above), but then write a letter to the head office saying how appalled you are and that they have lost you as a customer come renewal time unless they can do something you are satisfied with to compensate.

Good luck
Tofuman

Post by Tofuman »

Hey think i can help here, i work in insurance, its home insurance but its along the same lines, they way it works for the company i work for, which owns and regulates at least 5 others, if you canx a pol or a pol gets canx, you can take up another pol with the same company or one of its affiliates and there shouldn't be a problem with that. if you feel that you've been hard done too, which it looks like you can get in touch with the financial ombudsman service

Insurance Division
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

Im insured through the broker A-Plan and got a quote of around 1700 at the age of 21 with just over a year of driving.

0845 0711 234

HTH?
gozza91

Post by gozza91 »

Dude they suck!! what they are asking is completly unreasonable.. Im with Sky insurance, they are really polite on the phone and beat my previous best offer by just over £200. If you have not sorted it already give them a try! Good luck
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Mate dont stand for this kinda s**t.
Find your orig. policy which will carry details of what they are allowed to do and what your options are in this situation.
If they have entered into a contract with you and you haven't broken any rule written into the policy schedule they simply can't cancel your policy and nor can they amend the premium UNLESS it is detailed in the policy wording.
Call em back and ask em to point out where they are given the right to do what they are trying to do in the actual schedule. If they can't tell em to get your policy back in force pronto and accept your dd card for the lost premium before you contact the ombudsman and drop em in the poo.
Hope you get it sorted mate, good luck.
R

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”