[Mk2] [Generic] converting to rev three abs

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rookie-racer

[Mk2] [Generic] converting to rev three abs

Post by rookie-racer »

is this a possible, and if so whats involved, im hoping its just a case of plumbing in a new control block, or is there substantial rewiring involved?
JeffD

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] converting to rev three abs

Post by JeffD »

Just a little tip...

Only difference between a ABS and Non ABS front axles is that there is a spacer part# 43524-17010 instead of the rotor, skid control part# 43515-17010 so you can convert your own axles quite cheaply! People often go out and buy whole new axles whenthey dont need to.

Not very clear on this diagram but..
http://www.ayrpark.plus.com/epc/toyota/ ... 01_19.html
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

cheers what i failed to make clear was this is a rev one tubby with abs... but as anyone with any experience of a rec one will tell you the earlier abs system is prone to snatching and locking up the front o/s wheel where as the rev three setup is truly antilockin.

what ia am trying to ask is can i simply plug and plum a rev three block in there or is there signifigant wiring or other complications, also is all the electronics contained with in the control valve, or is this in turn controlled from a seperate ecu somewhere else?
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

erm jeff, the front hubs with non abs don't have the hole in them to accept the abs speed sensor. This is why you need to replace the hub.

The casting mark is there but its just solid as its not been drilled out to accept the sensor

Tim
xxxx
GT Rich

Post by GT Rich »

Anyone got an update on this :( i would also like to know for my rev 1 tubby. I must admit i don't find the ABS too much of a problem just it does cut in sometimes if your braking hard slightly turning a corner. But i do have 17" wheels which i also believe doesn't help the ABS :mad:

Return to “Modifications”