MR2 MK1 KYB Insert Gland Nuts

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Shaun999

MR2 MK1 KYB Insert Gland Nuts

Post by Shaun999 »

Ive bought myself a pair of kyb front inserts brand new just unboxed, i tried to fit them but the inserts on the car sit at the bottom of the thread and the kyb's sit flush with the top so the gland nut ive got wont screw on. Ive rang kyb and they told me you cant buy the nuts seperate so i dont know wether the car has already had aftermarket inserts on it and i could just buy them from toyota or you get different gland nuts with the kyb inserts. Could anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
spindle

Re: MR2 MK1 KYB Insert Gland Nuts

Post by spindle »

I just replaced the front shocks on my mk2 with KYB inserts which came with new gland nuts as they are different to those fitted on my original shocks.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

KYBs should come with their own gland nuts that fit round the shocks, I'd call your supplier if they're missing from the box.

P.S don't forget to put some oil in the casing, it's not essential but helps with heat dissipation.
Shaun999

Post by Shaun999 »

I bought them cheap without a box not realising that i would need new gland nuts.

Does anyone know if any other shock abosrber suppliers use the same gland nuts as KYB as i may be able to buy them seperatly from another company.

Thanks

Return to “Mechanical”