Fastest MR2 in UK?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Red_Turbo

Fastest MR2 in UK?

Post by Red_Turbo »

Just curious as to who owns it and what sort of quarter mile times it is capable of. looked at the 1/4 mile table and see fastest is 11secs, anyone broken into the 10's in UK because im sure they have outside UK.

Cheers

Red_Turbo
jimGTS

Re: Fastest MR2 in UK?

Post by jimGTS »

them 11s are 2 US guys times :mrgreen:
i believe there is a low 11sec car somewhere which "should" break the 10s in the uk....
probably made in japan tho.
Red_Turbo

Post by Red_Turbo »

Yeh ive read that the alfa racing mr2 now in the UK did a 10.8 1/4 on street tyres and 10.2 on slicks but that was recorded in japan and built in japan. to get that figure its putting out 518bhp on a hybrid trust td88-34d turbo running 1.35 bar of boost but has a claimed potential of 750bhp at 2.2bar. like me others have probably read about it in banzai mag and im assuming this is the quickest mr2 in the uk built in japan?

im interested in finding out if im right - is this is the quickest mr2 built in japan and now in the uk?

and who owns the quickest mr2 built and run in the UK?

:-k
jdbecks

Post by jdbecks »

also its bound to be in super re2....coss its the fastest colour and adds 20 bhp over all overs out of the factory
Red_Turbo

Post by Red_Turbo »

=D> You know it \:D/
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

Yeh ive read that the alfa racing mr2 now in the UK did a 10.8 1/4 on street tyres and 10.2 on slicks but that was recorded in japan and built in japan. to get that figure its putting out 518bhp on a hybrid trust td88-34d turbo running 1.35 bar of boost but has a claimed potential of 750bhp at 2.2bar. like me others have probably read about it in banzai mag and im assuming this is the quickest mr2 in the uk built in japan?

im interested in finding out if im right - is this is the quickest mr2 built in japan and now in the uk?

and who owns the quickest mr2 built and run in the UK?

I don't know the fella who owns it and he might be a very nice bloke, but " potential of 750bhp at... " means absolutely NOTHING.

Potential and claims are just hot air. Results are the only things that matter. Prove it can do a 10.2 in this country. Up the boost and dyno it at 750 bhp in this country. Until then it's just another nice MR2.

Not that I am opinionated or anything... :D
Bry

Post by Bry »

Quickest in a straight line?
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Red_Turbo

Post by Red_Turbo »

lol, yeh it winds me up big time, theres a guy with a supra locally and hes had it tuned up at a local tuning garage (no names!!) whos reputation is shocking, he reckons hes spents 10's of thousands of pounds tuning it. on the dyno its putting out about 470bhp with about 800bhp potential?? where did he get that from?! no mate its 470bhp. i think ive got more chance of winning the lottery than the local tuning garage producing an 800bhp supra so yeh im right there with ya!!

its all just so magazines get you looking, then they tell you the figures and put at the bottom this is with boost wound up a stupid amount and spray.....
Red_Turbo

Post by Red_Turbo »

Bry wrote:Quickest in a straight line?

yeh i think more people care about 1/4ml times now than other figures. obviously its nice to have a good circuit/track package but on the street 1/4ml times have more impact!

traffic light racing....on a drag strip
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

simonw on here currently owns the quickest street leagl mr2 in the uk with an 11.2 (witnessed by myself last weekend at york)
built and tuned in the uk
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

simonw on here currently owns the quickest street leagl mr2 in the uk with an 11.2

Good for simonw. I hope he enjoys every second of it too.
Red_Turbo

Post by Red_Turbo »

cheers mate and that was built in the uk or imported?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Red_Turbo wrote:cheers mate and that was built in the uk or imported?

well he did say built and tuned in the uk :roll:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

allan welsh wrote:
Red_Turbo wrote:cheers mate and that was built in the uk or imported?

well he did say built and tuned in the uk :roll:

lol, edited it just before he posted :lol:
Red_Turbo

Post by Red_Turbo »

yeh, allan :roll: :lol:

nice 1, just curious as to what us brits are capable of!!
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

just to confirm all other mr2's that have gone quicker in the uk (2 to my knowledge) are not road legal and where neither built or tuned in the uk
Red_Turbo

Post by Red_Turbo »

so do you know of any non road legal ones that have gone quicker as i havent seen any at any of the events ive been to - couldnt make it to ten of the best so not sure if there were any there?

fastest british time = 11.2
Andy Conroy

Post by Andy Conroy »

Red_Turbo wrote:lol, yeh it winds me up big time, theres a guy with a supra locally and hes had it tuned up at a local tuning garage (no names!!) whos reputation is shocking, he reckons hes spents 10's of thousands of pounds tuning it. on the dyno its putting out about 470bhp with about 800bhp potential?? where did he get that from?! no mate its 470bhp. i think ive got more chance of winning the lottery than the local tuning garage producing an 800bhp supra so yeh im right there with ya!!

its all just so magazines get you looking, then they tell you the figures and put at the bottom this is with boost wound up a stupid amount and spray.....

WTF!!! you can get 470hp with just a good standalone and Stock Twins if you tune it right
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Andy Conroy wrote:
Red_Turbo wrote:lol, yeh it winds me up big time, theres a guy with a supra locally and hes had it tuned up at a local tuning garage (no names!!) whos reputation is shocking, he reckons hes spents 10's of thousands of pounds tuning it. on the dyno its putting out about 470bhp with about 800bhp potential?? where did he get that from?! no mate its 470bhp. i think ive got more chance of winning the lottery than the local tuning garage producing an 800bhp supra so yeh im right there with ya!!

WTF!!! you can get 470hp with just a good standalone and Stock Twins if you tune it right

EMS costs 20k on those things, lol... O:)
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

mines the fastest......so there
:tongue:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”