mk1 mr2 sc

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GAMBIT

mk1 mr2 sc

Post by GAMBIT »

hello all, i have just discovered this site and am over the moon to see others who love the mk1 mr2 as much as me. I am very interested in buying a mk1 supercharger, has any one got any advice e.g what to look for etc. What is the rearest colour and what colours were they available in???? all the advice would be much appreciated
thanks
Kind Regards,
Gambit
mr2mk1chick

Re: mk1 mr2 sc

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Hi Gambit - welcome to the site :D
You may need to look a while for the superchargers, as they are more rare than the N/A's, btu try the MK1 clun website for sale pages:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forsale.html

also check out a 'sister' mk1 club site for the sc:

http://www.mr2supercharger.com/

I don't know as much about sc's as N/A's, but the colours i can recall at the mo are (presume there are more):

white
white over silver
mica blue
sherwood toning (rare)

'superedtions' are v.rare

HTH
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

mr2mk1chick wrote:

I don't know as much about sc's as N/A's, but the colours i can recall at the mo are (presume there are more):

white
white over silver
mica blue
sherwood toning (rare)

'superedtions' are v.rare

HTH

what about burgundy pearl metalic 3H8 ?
mica pearl burnt orange 3H5
somewhere on the supercharger site is a list of colours and paint codes
GAMBIT

mk1 mr2 sc

Post by GAMBIT »

well i want to keep hush hush just incase the deal falls through but i should be a proud owner soon!!!! cant wait!!!! thanks for all you replys, i cant seem to find a colour chart any where. If i purchase the car i will post up pics and info on it. what sort of price range should i stick to???? i dont want to pay over the odds :-k
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Mac Sheavills in the North East has a red one ( TBAR )

Rare as hell, I think theres only 2 red Superchargers in the UK and he has one of them.

Don't forget to check out the air conditioning is working good and find out when it was last charged.

Cambelt - servicing - when was it imported - check the mileage all works out good as it might still be in Kms - if the mileage has been converted to mph try and get all the information and paperwork

Check for overspray and welding although the superchargers won't be as rusty as UK cars

Check VIN - Superchargers vin start AW11 ( UK's start JTCO1AW11 )

Check CAT on exhaust system

Damon Herring from Durham is selling his 1987 MK1 Supercharger TBAR Mamual with leather interior - white - 79000 miles - 16" alloys ( new ) - Powerflow stainless exhaust - I think he wants around £4500 which is a snip for a manual tbat SC

Good luck

Michael
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Gambit - Look to pay £4000 - £5000 for a really good one. A mint manual with low miles will cost around £5500. Importing one yourself these days will cost you £5700 OTR

Based on excellent condition with low miles - mechanically perfect

1987 manual £4500
1988 manual £4700
1989 manual £5100 late spec has electric retract mirrirs and LED brake in rear spoiler

1987 auto £3300
1988 auto £3600
1989 auto £4200

1987 manual tbar £4600
1988 manual tbar £4900
1989 manual tbar £5400

Cheers
Michael
GAMBIT

mr2 sc

Post by GAMBIT »

thanks everyone, all the advice is much appreciated
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Gambit - Look to pay £4000 - £5000 for a really good one. A mint manual with low miles will cost around £5500. Importing one yourself these days will cost you £5700 OTR

Based on excellent condition with low miles - mechanically perfect

1987 manual £4500
1988 manual £4700
1989 manual £5100 late spec has electric retract mirrirs and LED brake in rear spoiler

1987 auto £3300
1988 auto £3600
1989 auto £4200

1987 manual tbar £4600
1988 manual tbar £4900
1989 manual tbar £5400

Cheers
Michael

I'm not so sure on those prices, as I have paid significantly less for my 3 superchargers. I got a complete bargain with my first Tin Top supercharger - I paid £2250 for her a year or so ago, she is mint with lots of extras but she has 120k on the clock. There are always bargains out there if you hold on but they crop up once in a blue moon.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
tamiyauk

Post by tamiyauk »

I'd say between 3 - 3.5K is normal, if someone offered my £5400 for my 1989 T-Bar I'd rip there hand off!
I sold a tin top for £3300 and brought my T-Bar for similar money recently and neither were rusty and both have around 70K miles.
Good luck car hunting,
Jon
HT

Post by HT »

Wonder how may SC are now registered in the UK?
Sports Toyota Breakers

Post by Sports Toyota Breakers »

Some of those prices are a little off IMO, we will be setting up a mk1 SC import service in the next couple of weeks which should see us being able to provide good condition cars on the road in the UK for less than 3K.

STB
HT

Post by HT »

Sports Toyota Breakers wrote:Some of those prices are a little off IMO, we will be setting up a mk1 SC import service in the next couple of weeks which should see us being able to provide good condition cars on the road in the UK for less than 3K.

STB

In manual form??
nikfarmer

Post by nikfarmer »

and of course if you want a proper mk1 [hides] then have a read of twobrutal.co.uk
we have mk1s for the braver at heart.. :twisted:
OlberJ

Post by OlberJ »

twobrutal wrote:and of course if you want a proper mk1 [hides] then have a read of twobrutal.co.uk
we have mk1s for the braver at heart.. :twisted:

:lol:
Daveo mr2

Post by Daveo mr2 »

[quote="Sports Toyota Breakers"]Some of those prices are a little off IMO, we will be setting up a mk1 SC import service in the next couple of weeks which should see us being able to provide good condition cars on the road in the UK for less than 3K.

STB[/quote
You are going to be selling import superchargers for £3k? There cant be much mark up on that! I'll have a gun metal grey one please !
Last edited by Daveo mr2 on Mon May 29, 2006 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HT

Post by HT »

Cor - I can see dishing out ultimatums will really encourage him!! Reckon yours has just gone up in price!! :)
Sports Toyota Breakers

LOL absolutely on the price. Yes on manuals and no, not much markup, maybe a couple of hundred for our trouble. They sell for peanuts on the auctions.

STB
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Sports Toyota Breakers wrote:LOL absolutely on the price. Yes on manuals and no, not much markup, maybe a couple of hundred for our trouble. They sell for peanuts on the auctions.

STB

Yes they do, but thats because most of the ones are auctions are absolutely terrible condition! I've been monitoring SC's in Japanese auctions for years now, 1 in 50 I would say is good enough to bring over.

Anyway, I think theres a really cheap SC on eBay at the moment isnt there?

;)
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
Sports Toyota Breakers

Have to disagree there mate, but we shall see in the future I guess :)
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Well ok, we will agree to disagree, but I have alot of experience in buying SC's from Japanese auctions - maybe you just have a different idea of what you term to be "acceptable" too Import..........

Or maybe I am just a bit more fussy..........? ;)
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”