TRD kit fitting vids&pics

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nuttasie

Re: TRD kit fitting vids&pics

Post by nuttasie »

KarlBristol wrote:This is possibly the longest running project that I have seen on here :lol:
Congrats for staying with it though, it is definitely looking good and turning the corner now.

When's the estimated finish date?
Keep the updates coming...

I'm eventually looking to get a project car like this once I sort out a garage extension *goes to eBay to look for a widebody project* :thumleft:

Unfortunately projects can end up on the backburner sometimes which as happened with this. the last 4 years the car as probably had less than 5 weeks spent on it, I put off working on it due to health issues and had fads of thinkin stuff this and spent the odd week on it till now i am at the current point . I have managed to get the roof prepped and painted, pics below. But have given up on planning when i i think i will work on it next, as have found out that when i try to do that something unexpectedly seem to come up and bu88er me plans lol.

project cars don't never end lol, there is always something you want extra/change/add but bodywork wise i hope to finish it b4 christmas.

synXero

Post by synXero »

That looks smooth 8)
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

nice one mate. ben following this thread for 4 years! lol i hope you finish it
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Vampire wrote:nice one mate. ben following this thread for 4 years! lol i hope you finish it

thanks, during the last week the car as been put all back together for fitment checks then taken apart again so i could stonechip or hammerite different areas. also changed the doors last year when i painted them for better condition ones so slight adjustments to the fitment were needed..

but hoping to put it all back together again over the coming week, so atleast it will look like a car again :D . Then its just the front bumper,rear spoiler and engine lid to paint. Leaving the bonnet black for now as are going to vent it so not worth wasting paint.

Be nice to see it back on its wheels looking like a car again
planted1

Post by planted1 »

All i can say is,its going to be a great car. :thumleft:

I'm one of the ones that keeps interrupting sie finishing this when i asked,and he kindly agreed,to make a widebody fuel flap for me.
The quality was superb on an item i just couldnt get anywhere.
Many thanks for taking the time to help me out :thumleft:

cant wait to see this finished our kid :wink:
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

Great build I like the stretched border bumper :thumleft:
nuttasie

tank

Post by nuttasie »

pics of tank removal for uprated pump,bit of a spruce up n paint underneath and pic of car in the tent lol.been to busy driving it to take proper pics outside.

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Looking good mate!! moving at about the same as my ab flug kitted car :D
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Yeh,but your paying someone :oldtongue: :lol: .seriously though from what you have said about the bloke on your thread think your car is going to look ace, as doesn't seem like a bloke who just fits it without making sure it actually fits if you know what I mean, otherwise you would have had it back in a week.fitting something so it fits right takes time and skll and is worth the wait 8) .although I hope not six years :lol: #-o but I have also rebuilt and restored other cars while doing this one which were more important.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:Yeh,but your paying someone :oldtongue: :lol: .seriously though from what you have said about the bloke on your thread think your car is going to look ace, as doesn't seem like a bloke who just fits it without making sure it actually fits if you know what I mean, otherwise you would have had it back in a week.fitting something so it fits right takes time and skll and is worth the wait 8) .although I hope not six years :lol: #-o but I have also rebuilt and restored other cars while doing this one which were more important.

you've done a great job mate, looks like an amazing finish on the paint! like glass!!

Yeah the kit I bought has needed a tonne of work, it's a good fitting kit but the finish was awful. I sprayed my old rev2 myself but it was nowhere near as good as the finish you have :shock:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Wow man that is so nice!!!!!! Would love to see more pics as you clearly have high levels of skill
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:Wow man that is so nice!!!!!! Would love to see more pics as you clearly have high levels of skill

yeah get some pics of the whole car, these ones are too close to see the overall look of it, loving the colour choice too :thumleft:

are you using spacers for the wheels? do you get any bother with them etc??
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

I went in it yesterday and was going to take pics but it was a bit dusty as workmen was doing tiles on the roof with scafolding above the car(was frettin lol)..

No spacers on the wheels 10j and 9j and could go to 11+ on rear .this is causing me an headache with my other wheels though as the mille miglia need extended studs as the wheel seems very thick at the hub, and my volks need spacers as they ar std mr2 fitment which means i can't use the spacers i got due to the studs would be protruding. A right pain in the ass as I've refurbed the volks and would love to see em on.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:I went in it yesterday and was going to take pics but it was a bit dusty as workmen was doing tiles on the roof with scafolding above the car(was frettin lol)..

No spacers on the wheels 10j and 9j and could go to 11+ on rear .this is causing me an headache with my other wheels though as the mille miglia need extended studs as the wheel seems very thick at the hub, and my volks need spacers as they ar std mr2 fitment which means i can't use the spacers i got due to the studs would be protruding. A right pain in the ass as I've refurbed the volks and would love to see em on.

what offset are they?? they sit pretty flush :shock:
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

sheppy wrote:

I thought the rears were 0 and fronts+12or25 after commenting on it in vampires build thread but think I got it wrong. Actually think it is other way round but will try n check.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:
sheppy wrote:

I thought the rears were 0 and fronts+12or25 after commenting on it in vampires build thread but think I got it wrong. Actually think it is other way round but will try n check.

cheers man, I have been sent some other sizes that work with my kit but more info couldn't hurt :thumleft:
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

One word stunning
:thumleft:
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
Torero

Post by Torero »

That looks absolutely amazing buddy :clap:
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

wilkie senior wrote:One word stunning
:thumleft:

Torero wrote:That looks absolutely amazing buddy :clap:

thanks, must admit it is a good feeling sitting in it now as a finished car as opposed to something that resembled a car #-o. I love it. Just gotta sort the engine bay out and would like some rota grids or te 37's in white or black. 8)
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

hows this progressing?

Return to “Modifications”