TRD kit fitting vids&pics

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nuttasie

border

Post by nuttasie »

cheers for youre opinions.
for the mo i think i will go for the TRD but later i think i will experiment with a border from stylingfx.

i also personaly prefer the standard fr/light shape,but the rogue come at the right price.and massive credit to russ/rogue the bumper is good quality and fits great.

regards
sie
mr2nut123

Re: border

Post by mr2nut123 »

nuttasie wrote:cheers for youre opinions.
for the mo i think i will go for the TRD but later i think i will experiment with a border from stylingfx.

i also personaly prefer the standard fr/light shape,but the rogue come at the right price.and massive credit to russ/rogue the bumper is good quality and fits great.

regards
sie

the only reason id say TRD is because of them stupid looking round holes. If you put a real border bumper on there it'd look awesome
nuttasie

vids

Post by nuttasie »

more vids added to first post :D .
nuttasie

trd

Post by nuttasie »

updated as b4 in first post.
nuttasie

trd

Post by nuttasie »

Just put the last two vids up that I will be making, as I have now transported the car to a company who are becoming renowned at the mo in regards to excellent quality kits at decent prices to the MR2 comunity.

Yes you guessed it headcover.

We had a good chat about the kit and how bad some of the stuff is that we have to put up with from other companys who just buy in bulk and flog it on to us.

And most peeps do not realize how bad it is as they do not fit their self,they just pay a bodyshop etc who hike the price due to bad fitment kits.

I can tell u from personal experience that I have not seen quality like daves stuff except when buying some original very expensive kits were the price is loads more than dave is offering them at =D> .

I was most impressed to say the least, and can't wait to see the results of my car when finished :D :D .

regards
sie
headcover

Re: trd

Post by headcover »

nuttasie wrote:Just put the last two vids up that I will be making, as I have now transported the car to a company who are becoming renowned at the mo in regards to excellent quality kits at decent prices to the MR2 comunity.

Yes you guessed it headcover.

We had a good chat about the kit and how bad some of the stuff is that we have to put up with from other companys who just buy in bulk and flog it on to us.

And most peeps do not realize how bad it is as they do not fit their self,they just pay a bodyshop etc who hike the price due to bad fitment kits.

I can tell u from personal experience that I have not seen quality like daves stuff except when buying some original very expensive kits were the price is loads more than dave is offering them at =D> .

I was most impressed to say the least, and can't wait to see the results of my car when finished :D :D .

regards
sie
Hi.. Thanks for the thumbs up Si.. :D :D
DARRYN

Re: TRD kit fitting vids&pics

Post by DARRYN »

Great choice of bodyshop Sie .
You're car will be a work of art when it's finished, the quality of Dave's (aka headcover) work is genuine show winning class. I'm trying to sell my kidneys to get more work done by him. I'll be putting my car in to him for finishing work asap, I plan to dazzle all at the shows next year.

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished car, I'm jealous as hell :mrgreen:

If anyone is looking for a healthy kidney or other body part, let me know. All proceeds will go towards a Neos Design TRD kitted car :)

I'll be popping in to see the progress on the car soon hopefully, have you left the keys with Dave ? :twisted:
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

DARRYN wrote:I'm trying to sell my kidneys to get more work done by him.

But (apart from the outstanding quality), you don't even need to get a good price for your kidneys - Dave's prices are low, for the quality and fit you get.

I don't put down companies, but I started with a kit from a different cheap company, but then my body shop guy asked why I was bringing him such crap - then went to IMOC and I found out about Dave's work - switched Border side skirts for Dave's modified Border skirts. Then my body shop guy was so impressed (his words were "that quality and fit are the type you get on 5k Merc/BMW kits") that he asked me why I couldn't get a front bumper from same guy - so, I did and have ordered Dave's modified SARD bumper :D

For me, it'd be a choice between Dave's SARD bumper or Dave's TRD :D

HTH
Rob
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

hi
cheers for the support,Its probably going to seem forever b4 I get the car back but well worth it.

Darryn

That last sentence had me p!ssing myself.

when i get the car back I need to tart up the engine bay as although it as got all the right ingredients in there, it looks a bit dirty at mo due to engine sitting in corner of the garage for over 2 years.

And luckily my brother is an ulphosterer so am hoping to get a full interior retrim on the cheap :wink: :wink:.

rob

I saw the sard modded bumper and it is going to look great when finished,and as b4 the quality is top notch.

sie
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Great vids dude, very interesting to watch =D>

Your accent cracks me up :lol: Love what your doing m8 \:D/

As for the front bumper i would stick the trd on out of the 2 you've got there, border would look nice if it wasnt for the round side lights, or why not go for the luvley sard bumper?
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Spittinflames wrote:

Your accent cracks me up :lol: Love what your doing m8 \:D/

PMSL My accent is pretty bad,even people in my own area say so.But it also sounds worse has i have a slight cold at mo.

sard,trd \:D/

sie
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Ok now that i have my car back from Dave,while i await the TRD parts I thought i would cut the rogue up.

First thing was to put the neos design front TRd wings on which were a dream to fit once i had drilled the mounting holes.

Then I started cutting the rogue. Once it was cut and i started placing the corners were they needed to go I realised that it was not going to be as easy as first thought as the TRD and STD wings have totally diffferent angles were the bumper meets the wings.
once cut the back of the bumper had to be pushed in whic meant that the front went out wider which had the effect of totally changing the shape of the bumper.To get round this I have had to cut about 1.5 inches off from front to back so that the bumper sides sit further back which brings the shape back. Nuff said heres some pics of work so far.

first cut :-k no going back now

It has been partially glassed also but is a slow process as due to the cold once a segmet is done I have to leave for the rest of the day to set(very frustrating ](*,) .
Last edited by nuttasie on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

didn't realise the extra space added to the foglight hole would be as noticeable. think its gonna look really good when it's all together.
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

Thats going to look really good!
headcover

Post by headcover »

nuttasie wrote:Ok now that i have my car back from Dave,while i await the TRD parts I thought i would cut the rogue up.

First thing was to put the neos design front TRd wings on which were a dream to fit once i had drilled the mounting holes.

Then I started cutting the rogue. Once it was cut and i started placing the corners were they needed to go I realised that it was not going to be as easy as first thought as the TRD and STD wings have totally diffferent angles were the bumper meets the wings.
once cut the back of the bumper had to be pushed in whic meant that the front went out wider which had the effect of totally changing the shape of the bumper.To get round this I have had to cut about 1.5 inches off from front to back so that the bumper sides sit further back which brings the shape back. Nuff said heres some pics of work so far.

first cut :-k no going back now

It has been partially glassed also but is a slow process as due to the cold once a segmet is done I have to leave for the rest of the day to set(very frustrating ](*,) .
Hi Sie, its looking good mate. Just a tip, put masking tape on the outside of the bumper, to bridge the gap etc, then glass the gap from the back as the tape across the gap will give the glass support. once set, remove the tape & hey pressto, you only need to put filler on the outside & shape to requiremnts.

Not as easy as everyone thinks this getting parts to fit eh! always takes alot longer than you think once you get stuck in.

I'll have a boot extention panel & pair rear quater panels for you end of next week.. :clap:

Dave
Neos Design
nuttasie

trd

Post by nuttasie »

cheers folk,I hope it will look good also.Not sure on the round lights yet,I may put them in the outside edge of the vent(1up,1down).

Dave,that is what has already been done but i didn't take any pics,except i used thick card.I knew it would not be easy as i do this kind of stuff all the time lol.I sat on the garage floor staring at for about 2hrs(only seemed 10 mins)trying to work out how i could get round the shape problem between the trd wind and std.

Thats great about my parts Dave,casn't wait to get them after how easy the front wings fitted :thumleft: .
Spidey

Re: trd

Post by Spidey »

nuttasie wrote:cheers folk,I hope it will look good also.

I'm sure it will :thumleft: Can't wait to see finished pics :D
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Cool idea, :thumleft:

I like mixing and matching to get exactly what you want and always thought that the Border front on the TRD would go great as the TRD front is a bit plain.

As most have already said the standard Border would be better as the standard sidelights would go with the kit better than the round Rev6 ones......but the Sard is an interesting idea too.

Just wondering why you didn't just chop it in half and then put in an extension in the middle?

Keep going though.........lots of filler, standing and thinking, and you'll have it as you want!

Marc
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

marcnoonan wrote:Cool idea, :thumleft:

Just wondering why you didn't just chop it in half and then put in an extension in the middle?

Keep going though.........lots of filler, standing and thinking, and you'll have it as you want!

Marc

Cheers mate,There were a fir few reasons i didn't cut it in the middle.I actually spent ages working out the best way to cut it to aid in the process of putting it back together.

1:the panel in front of h/lights is curved and due to how much it would be widened it would have totally needed to be remade #-o .
2: the sides of the bumper would also have stuck about 1.5 at the back section of arch due to the fact that the TRD side of wing being alot straighter than the STD ones.
3:I wanted bigger vents :thumleft: ,and this was the easier option to.
refab them.

Looks like you got a nice little project going also,looks good.Liking the MG also :thumleft: .
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

A few more pics.Not sure if i did the right thing now by getting rid of the rogue lights,time will tell.I have used formers made of card to get shape so as not to need to build up using filler.saves loads of weight but also is very time consuming.

rogue

STD
Last edited by nuttasie on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modifications”