What bit do I need?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mattyboy44

What bit do I need?

Post by mattyboy44 »

Hi, last year i had a dodgy alarm removed from my rev4 Turbo by Halfords, but whilst doing I think they must removed a seal or rubber or similar in the wall between the bonnet and cabin just under the drivers side dash and now there is a hole with wires and bits are coming through from the battery and bits.

When I drive it now cold air and a breeze comes rushing in at your legs from under the dash which wasn't there before. I think they just didn't bother fitting it back and I cant find it in the car. So I was wandering if anyone knew what I was talking about and if there is part I can get for this hole?

Thanks
pbmr2

Re: What bit do I need?

Post by pbmr2 »

you can see in this image, there are a couple of gromits above and below the clutch master cylinder.
The main gromit is on the passenger side behind the power steering ECU.

Hope this helps.
mattyboy44

Post by mattyboy44 »

Thanks for the info and pictures

Where would I get these from and what are they called if I'm searching for them ?
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Blind/blanking grommet, ebay if you want a bunch cheap or halfords should have them in the blister packs.
mattyboy44

Post by mattyboy44 »

tiff_lee wrote:Blind/blanking grommet, ebay if you want a bunch cheap or halfords should have them in the blister packs.

Thank you
cosmos

grommet

Post by cosmos »

Could Halfords have pushed the grommet inwards and it is lodged behind your carpet just a thought...

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”