[Mk2] [Turbo] Injectors and fuel rail

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

macca84

[Mk2] [Turbo] Injectors and fuel rail

Post by macca84 »

Hi all, does anyone know if I have to change the fuel rail to fit 850cc or higher injectors? And what's the max hp you can get out of the stock rev3 turbo injectors? Thanks
Willenium

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Injectors and fuel rail

Post by Willenium »

Don't know about 850cc upwards but you can get up to 800cc that fit into the stock rail. That's what I've done and am waiting to have them fitted.

On stock injectors I think you can safely run 280hp (flywheel) but have seen 300hp achieved.
macca84

injectors and fuel rail

Post by macca84 »

Ok thanks. Will probably go for 800's then :thumleft:
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

I have SARD 800's but 850 side feed are the largest that fit the std fuel rail,

I bored my rev 3 rail to 13mm, if you have Rev 1 / 2 rail you can only bore to aprrox 8mm (I did them along time ago so dont quote me on the sizes).

Above the 850 size injectors a top feed set up will be needed.

I also looked at 8 injectors but thats a pain to map and get just so.
macca84

injectors and fuel rail

Post by macca84 »

Oh ok, mines a rev3 converted from a rev2. Do I have to bore my rev3 rail to fit 800's then or do they fit straight in? Cheers
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

They will fit straight in (use new seals).

Boring out the rail is an upgrade option but the std bore is around 8mm as I remember.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

I have 800cc in a standard rev 3 rail, seeing over 450 bhp at 1.8 bar running around 83% duty.
At 1.95 bar they are reading 93% but not 100% sure on power output, what are your power goals ?
macca84

injectors and turbo

Post by macca84 »

Thanks for info. I'd be more than happy with 350-400bhp as I'm running standard internals. Do I have to upgrade the turbo to achieve that sort of power?
jimGTS

Re: injectors and turbo

Post by jimGTS »

macca84 wrote:Thanks for info. I'd be more than happy with 350-400bhp as I'm running standard internals. Do I have to upgrade the turbo to achieve that sort of power?

this a joke question??

yes, yes you do! :eye: :thumleft:

you need to upgrade turbo, fueling and ecu if you expect to see anywhere close to 350, let alone 400.

and at that point, you are on a ticking time bomb for the oem piston rings.
macca84

injectors and fuel rail

Post by macca84 »

Tbh that was a silly question. Was pretty sure the stock turbo couldn't handle that kind of power. Cheers
Willenium

Post by Willenium »

When mine is done I'll be happy with 320-330hp on stock innards.
macca84

injectors and fuel rail

Post by macca84 »

Yeah actually I would probably be happy with 320hp. Still be a quick car. Trouble is you get used to it and want more power :D [/code]
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

Sard 63517 high impendance 800cc injectors - colour pale blue.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Don't mean to sound rude but your budget sounds like you want the max you can get out of bolt on mods.
Even that can end up costing upwards of £1500, downpipe, exhaust, boost controller, air filter, decent Intercooler plus all the associated parts like plugs gauges etc.

To get a reliable 400 bhp as you are enquiring about in other threads you are talking of an easy £8k minimum.

I went the bolt on mods and bodykit/wheel mods etc. 14 years ago and ended up losing at least one piston ring, it's a thin line trying to get decent power with little outlay, if anything I would suggest looking at JimGTS 's posts as he has experimented and had great results both financially and power wise over the years, some of Jims past posts would be very beneficial for your power Goals Imo :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Thanks for the kind words Martin.

I have pretty much exhausted out all the bolt on mods you can possibly do, lol.
Only thing left for me is try a bigger turbo, then forging etc. Obviously this is the point where it gets expensive.

But I'm super happy with the current performance for a B road car having previously owned a 400hp mr2 and a GTR skyline.

The stock gen3 engine is strong if maintained, I'm in and around the 300-320hp area.

Loose some weight, maximise a basic setup will make for a quick car for sure.

But I monitor everything, so have a number of gauges, checking fluids before every drive, run water/meth injection which is what I'm sure is keeping the car together at the limit as I'm likely pushing things a little more.

The stock ecu is very good for what it is, detects knock, pulls timing, keeps codes, will take bolt on mods no problem.
I run a modified stock ecu so have the best of both worlds, little more timing/less fuel but reliability and knock control of a stock ecu.

Still not cheap my mod list, but when forging comes around, credit cards are required, lol.
macca84

injectors and fuel rail

Post by macca84 »

Lol. Thanks for the info guys. Tbh I probably was being a bit optimistic with 400hp and I know that would be pushing the stock lump past its limits. I think for now I will just get in touch with my local tuner for more advice about the power fc and supporting mods, but stick to 320hp until I look into forging. Will check out Jimgts's posts in the meantime for more ideas. Cheers guys

Return to “Modifications”