[Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy Trust Intercooler

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

lookieuk

[Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy Trust Intercooler

Post by lookieuk »

Hi peeps

what the max this setup can take in BHP (Greddy Trust Intercooler )

2mad

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy Trust Intercooler

Post by 2mad »

Up to around 400bhp wouldnt push past that .. keep an eye on air charge temps to be sure ... what turbo do you have .
lookieuk

Post by lookieuk »

Ok thanks, got a ats td06 20g turbo

Can you recommend summit which I can take over 400bhp

And which is available please ;-)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

If you want to do it proper .. frozen boost chargecoolers the way to go .. or run 50/50 water/meth .

Linky .. http://www.frozenboost.com/air_water-ic ... p-218.html .. have a good look though the site lots of goodies :thumleft:

Ps. nice turbo, just got to get the best out of it :thumleft:
lookieuk

Post by lookieuk »

Thanks man... Ok cool... They don't do the kits then just the parts and you make up your own. Air to water intercooler?

Is there any kits on the market which would be good for over 400bhp?

Thanks
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Not that i know of .. bobhatton might drop by , hes well into chargecoolers vs w/m .. hope he helps you :thumleft:

400 plus needs some serious cooling .

Speak to or Google toxo he did a fantastic chargecooler install .. yes your right lots of diy.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

2mad wrote:Not that i know of .. bobhatton might drop by , hes well into chargecoolers vs w/m .. hope he helps you :thumleft:

400 plus needs some serious cooling .

Speak to or Google toxo he did a fantastic chargecooler install .. yes your right lots of diy.

Redmr2 did a nice install .. top guy he will help you :thumleft:
Nic

Post by Nic »

Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
2mad

Post by 2mad »

That does look nice .. need more info .. can it flow 400 plus ?
lookieuk

Post by lookieuk »

Looks very very nice I seen them already...just a littie bit more then I wanted to spend... But I guess you get what you pay for....and then again you need summit suitable to cool a 400bhp monster ;-)
sky-net

Post by sky-net »

It seems to replace the condenser... Right?
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

lookieuk wrote:Thanks man... Ok cool... They don't do the kits then just the parts and you make up your own. Air to water intercooler?

Is there any kits on the market which would be good for over 400bhp?

Thanks

There are not many cars running over 400hp so I do not know of any "kit"

We can make a system up but there is so much more to it than just a box full of parts, they all have to be installed correctly too.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Poker Face

Post by Poker Face »

What is your current setup and what mods are you planning. Before you get close to 400Bhp you are going to need forged pistons, bigger turbo and injectors. The intercooler/chargecooler is an important part and is what stopped me going past 280bhp last time I had my car on a dyno(ebay smic).
Me personally I am getting a forged engine built at the moment and have 800cc injectors and a GT3076r with a Spearco I/C being fitted that I bougt of Martin. He got about 350bhp (I think, its on the MR2's being broken) but I'm not sure what turbo he had or what inlet temps he was running.
I'm going to monitor my temps with a thermocouple and see how it goes on mapping and then decide if I want to spend a small fortune on a new charge cooler set up or stay with what I have.
others may disagree with what I have said but that's my view on it.

If you do a few searches you may find some other helpful posts, some of them by people who have posted on here but have choosen not to be so forth coming with the information today.
lookieuk

Post by lookieuk »

You can make a system up? ...please tell me more if you don't mind..and how much would i need to spend?

thanks
lookieuk

Post by lookieuk »

My engine spec so far

Forged bottom end cp pistons ,arp bolts, findanza lightened flywheel, friction clutch,HKS 272 camshafts HKS adjustable vernier pulley,850cc injectors and Walbro fuel pump and ATS td06 20g turbo

i be well happy with 350+ kust need summit nice to keep her cool ;)
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

lookieuk wrote:You can make a system up? ...please tell me more if you don't mind..and how much would i need to spend?

thanks

Off the top of my head around £500 to £800

The charge cooler would fit above your air filter, the pump would go down by the gear box and pump to a rad at the front.
You would need to make up all the mountings and find a route for the 25mm pipe between the cooler, pump and rad.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

lookieuk wrote:My engine spec so far

Forged bottom end cp pistons ,arp bolts, findanza lightened flywheel, friction clutch,HKS 272 camshafts HKS adjustable vernier pulley,850cc injectors and Walbro fuel pump and ATS td06 20g turbo

i be well happy with 350+ kust need summit nice to keep her cool ;)

What is your piston to head clearance, measured compression ratio and designed boost?
kirk

Post by kirk »

2mad wrote:

That does look nice .. need more info .. can it flow 400 plus ?

Indeed. That looks like the one to go for although the water piping is a bit excessive. Could be a lot shorter rather than running around the entire frame of the car.

After a bit of digging here's some info:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39253
Nails

Post by Nails »

I have a radtec cooler. Alas no massive turbo though. Just a standard ct20. I haven't managed to fit my thermocouple but the pipe from the cooler to the throttlebody is noticeably cool if you drive then pull over and stop. Where as the previous ebay smic was always hot.
lookieuk

Post by lookieuk »

What a HKS intercooler like are they any good?

Return to “Modifications”