Peter Gidden

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mikey637

Peter Gidden

Post by Mikey637 »

So where do I begin?

Ordered a black roof lining kit from Peter paid for by my parents as a Christmas present at the end of November and it arrived today. Originally sent via City link and to be fair to Peter they did go bust and he didn't receive it back into his workshop until about mid feb-ish. Since then it's been excuse after excuse as to why it hasn't been sent, I even visited him early March to have some work done (which I'll get to in a minute) and the headlining was "in the unit next door" so he couldn't fit it that day. It took me opening a PayPal dispute and asking for the tracking number 3/4 times to finally get any idea it was being sent. If it had've arrived a week maybe two after he'd had it returned I wouldn't be so annoyed but it's been a long journey. It's also been bent but this could've been in transit so I'm not fussed.

I also went to visit his workshop in the beginning of March to get my car polybushed. We spoke on the phone about him getting some spare arms fitted with new bushes so it'd save time on the day and I'd mentioned roll bar bush's more than once (do I need to measure roll bars etc). I turn up, no roll bar bushes (apparently not included in the kit and didn't think to mention it) secondhand arms (as expected) but with secondhand bushes and apparently it was my fault and a misunderstanding so I'd driven roughly 250miles to have my ride height and handbrake adjusted. Not happy. I also didn't find out about the secondhand bushes until he'd almost removed one of the rear arms so including re-fitting my old arm cost me an hour of labour.

I'm sure he's been fine for other members and I'm certain he's still going to be a service to others. He's a nice chap and knows his stuff but I certainly won't be using him again.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

There's little i have to say in reply, except we will agree to differ on some of the facts.

I was quite clear that the bush kit had been fitted previously, and had been on the road for 3 months. You were happy with the reduced fitting price as the job simply entailed swapping control arms / strut bars.

IIRC, it was your Daddy that wasn't happy when you spoke to him when you were at the workshop. Maybe you should have told him when we discussed the deal, instead of when you arrived at my place? Of if Daddy is paying, maybe he should do the deals until you have your own money to spend as you wish.

As for the head lining, yes there were delays. CityLink going bust didn't help, although they did return it to me after 3 or 4 weeks of chasing. It was re-despatched via TNT from my OH's Business Centre reception (where she rents an office). She nor I check every package is collected by the courier when it should be. It was only after you queried and she was back in Barnsley that she found it still in reception. TNT were called, and it was collected next day (yesterday, and delivered today).

I await you to inform PayPal. :roll:

Sometimes there are misunderstandings, sometimes things don't go as planned.

For any parts that i am responsible, i apologise.
Mikey637

Re: Peter Gidden

Post by Mikey637 »

I wasn't happy with it being secondhand bushes and was going to let it slide as you'd garrunteed me they'd be fine but you told me it would be new bushes in secondhand arms and didn't think to tell me there'd be no roll bar bushes.

Yes my dad was paying but only because insurance had wiped me out and he wanted the old, perished bushes replaced with new so the car would be 100%, forgive me if my dad wanting my car to be up to scratch and safe was an issue with him not willing to pay for secondhand bushes.

Communication wasn't your forté through any of this and re: not checking every parcel you'd think after a customer has been waiting for so long and had been kept waiting for another month after it was back in your control it'd be chased up.

PayPal was informed before started the thread.

Return to “Trader Feedback”