[Mk2] [Turbo] Frozen boost "600bhp" chargecooler kit. Any good?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kev8611

[Mk2] [Turbo] Frozen boost "600bhp" chargecooler kit. Any good?

Post by kev8611 »

Came across these after searching on here just wondering if anyone has used one and if its any good. Not even the kit but maybe used individual parts from it.

I know it may not be as good as the radtec or that but its nearly half the price, just before anyone says "just buy a radtec one" :lol:

Thanks
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Frozen boost "600bhp" chargecooler kit. Any good?

Post by ashley »

Just buy a......oh :-#

Heard reasonable things about them in fairness considering the price, never seen one in the flesh so to speak though- and core design is so important with charge coolers.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a Radtech core either, although I would get one of their pre-rads.

If I was you I'd be searching for a second hand core of a better make...you never know what you might find if you're prepared to be patient :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

kev8611 wrote:Came across these after searching on here just wondering if anyone has used one and if its any good. Not even the kit but maybe used individual parts from it.

I know it may not be as good as the radtec or that but its nearly half the price, just before anyone says "just buy a radtec one" :lol:

Thanks

JimGTS used a frozen boost setup on his old rev5, I was always led to believe they were top of the line stuff but after checking out their site they seem to be insanely cheap :( To be honest man for your power levels a cheap core and a decent pre rad is all you really need :thumleft:

As per my own thread, go for the PWR stuff and get the core from frozen boost :)
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I can get the same cores that frozen boost sell for a lot less money if you're interested, drop me a PM if you want any more details :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Yeah the frozen boost pre rads done look as good. Think i may just buy the pwr rad and pump. Then surf around for the core. Would like to try keep it in stock intercooler location so its away from any sort of heat however i do like where yours is mounted ashely
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

^^^ problem solved!!

buy the rest from AVT, my pre-rad is one of the best quality items I've ever seen in my years of p1$$ing about with cars!

if you want to pop over and have a look at that and the pump feel free, the wee remote filler thing is a bit nasty in terms of quality, you could get a fabricator to make up something much nicer for the same price i reckon.
Last edited by Ryan S on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:I can get the same cores that frozen boost sell for a lot less money if you're interested, drop me a PM if you want any more details :thumleft:

I will take you up on that. Expect a PM soon :thumleft:

Gonna work out some sizes n stuff to see if i can get one in stock intercooler location
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

kev8611 wrote:
Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:I can get the same cores that frozen boost sell for a lot less money if you're interested, drop me a PM if you want any more details :thumleft:

Gonna work out some sizes n stuff to see if i can get one in stock intercooler location

it's my understanding that they have to sit flat Kev :( otherwise I;d be mounting it on it's end.
Last edited by Ryan S on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

I suppose a decent pre rad is just as important as the core itself
craig

Post by craig »

kev8611 wrote:I suppose a decent pre rad is just as important as the core itself

Definitely. Radtech pre-rad is a winner.
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

sheppy wrote:
kev8611 wrote:

it's my understanding that they have to sit flat Kev :( otherwise I;d be mounting it on it's end.

Yeah you may be right. For circulation and strain on the pump or something? The radtec must be a different design.

If thats he case I can get something a bit bigger than one that will fit in the stock IC location
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Ok f**k it. Gonna buy pre rad, pump and header tank/swirl pot the now.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ah, yeah the radtec one goes in the stock location, apologies i thought you were talking about the frozen boost core. i thought those ones had to site flat.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

kev8611 wrote:Ok f**k it. Gonna buy pre rad, pump and header tank/swirl pot the now.

do it!!!!!! see rob about the core!
craig

Post by craig »

kev8611 wrote:
sheppy wrote:
kev8611 wrote:

Yeah you may be right. For circulation and strain on the pump or something? The radtec must be a different design.

If thats he case I can get something a bit bigger than one that will fit in the stock IC location

Or go custom. This is mine:

Top mounted custom chargecooler. 2 cores welded together, coupled with an Audi TT bosch pump and Radtech pre-rad.
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

No no was just saying your probably right and radtec must be the exception :thumleft:
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

RedMR² wrote:
kev8611 wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Or go custom. This is mine:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Re ... 0dba41.jpg

Top mounted custom chargecooler. 2 cores welded together, coupled with an Audi TT bosch pump and Radtech pre-rad.

That looks awesome man.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

kev8611 wrote:No no was just saying your probably right and radtec must be the exception :thumleft:

ah i get you, from what I;ve been advised the radtec core won't support over 400bhp. This is just what i;ve been told on here, I've no personal experience with them, I was actually gonna buy one from Shmed on here but ended up getting the PWR/AVT kit.
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Im pretty sure that larry93's car was running one and it was close to 500, I have been in that at crail and it didnt seem fussed. They are still expensive though compared to what we are doing and to be honest, once i hit that 400 mark I will be happy............... for a while :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

kev8611 wrote:Im pretty sure that larry93's car was running one and it was close to 500, I have been in that at crail and it didnt seem fussed. They are still expensive though compared to what we are doing and to be honest, once i hit that 400 mark I will be happy............... for a while :lol:

ah ok, well Shmed on here is selling a core then :thumleft: Cheap too.

Return to “Modifications”