[Mk2] [Turbo] Mystery Connectors

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SB

[Mk2] [Turbo] Mystery Connectors

Post by SB »

Hi all,

Just changed my heater matrix and whilst putting it back together came across two connectors I couldn't place.

They come across the front of the heater box that houses the matrix - both 4 pin style connectors with only 3 actual pins, one grey, one black, cables to the connectors taped together. IIRC they had the same coloured cables to both connectors (one was white/black and one was blue/black from memory).

Any idea what they are and if they should be connected somewhere?

Regards,

Scott
outrun

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Mystery Connectors

Post by outrun »

They plug into a magic box that comes with the F355 style kit, which transforms the exhaust note into that of a high revving V8.
shinny

Post by shinny »

Our cars are full of unconnected wiring plugs... in fact most cars are! For cost reasons, manufacturers use wiring looms capable of supporting all the options, rather than design a different loom for every possible combination. If your car is working fine then any unconnected plug is almost certainly for an option you don't have. Don't over think it...
SB

Post by SB »

Was just being cautious before refitting the dash - its not exactly easy to get at everything once its back in.

I've already put everything back together and am having a small problem but I'm fairly certain that's either the heater controls or the interior temp sensor.

At least I no longer have a small lake forming in my passenger footwell ;)

Return to “Electrical”