[Mk2] [Turbo] new and old wheels

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nuttasie

[Mk2] [Turbo] new and old wheels

Post by nuttasie »

well put my new wheels on.some before and after pics. The tires have been stretched fitted by the previous owner which i ain't sure if i like yet.

Due to be stretched i thought i would put some spacers on the rear which i had lying about, they are 25mm so looking at pics think 15 would work, well atleast till i fit some bigger rubber to fill the rim out later.

before

after

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] new and old wheels

Post by Peter Gidden »

Ditch the daft, chavvy stretched look, reduce the spacers by 15mm and they'll look bang on. Properly fitted, they'll look really good.
Last edited by Peter Gidden on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Agreed. I prefer the before wheels myself.

Looks ace.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

the blacks look real nice with that car.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:Ditch the daft, chavvy stretched look, reduce the spacers by 15mm and they'll look bang on. Properly fitted, they'll look really good.

Agreed, I only put the spacers on to work out what would probably work then removed them, I ordered some 10mm last night as like you said, after looking at the pics more think that will be about right. The rear wheels ended up being smaller than advertized hence the need for a spacer but atleast it won't be a wopper.

unfortunatly will have to put up with the stretched look till they have wore down as rubber that size cost a pretty penny and still gotta sort a wide band kit which i want to fit when i do the ecu.

androo007 wrote:Agreed. I prefer the before wheels myself.

Looks ace.

thanks , yep i still like my other wheels but thought i would try and bring it into this decade looks wise. and up close the others need the dish re-polishing as the laquer is going mank, perfect excuse for new wheels :D

Return to “Modifications”