What colour? :-k

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

v1xz

What colour? :-k

Post by v1xz »

Just wanted to ask what colour people would want there MR2 in if it was time to respray?

My heart is set on Glossy Black but my mind is saying Glossy White would look good too. #-o

What do you think?
i like MR2
shinny

Re: What colour? :-k

Post by shinny »

Don't need to respray... I already have mine in the best colour! 8B6 Caribbean Blue:

Compare that with the white in the background. White is lame... and dirty... and makes your car look like a bus! :wink:
Last edited by shinny on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

SMG is my favourite colour for a 2. Do miss my turquoise NA. One of each maybe. :mrgreen:
No 2 :(
craig

Post by craig »

This thread may as well be "what colour is your car?"

Regarding a respray, unless you're going for engine out and everything out of the frunk etc, then paint the car the same, or a similar colour to the original colour. That way, you don't open the engine lid and have a different colour to the exterior etc.
shinny

Post by shinny »

RedMR² wrote:This thread may as well be "what colour is your car?"

Pretty much :lol:

RedMR² wrote:Regarding a respray, unless you're going for engine out and everything out of the frunk etc, then paint the car the same, or a similar colour to the original colour. That way, you don't open the engine lid and have a different colour to the exterior etc.

+1

Unless the car was originally black, in which case you can pretty much do what you want, because a black engine bay or frunk etc. won't draw your attention to the respray in the same way a yellow engine bay on a green car would :wink:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Best colour, IMO of course :lol:

:thumleft:
v1xz

Post by v1xz »

great comments...
think i better look at the colour red! :-k
i like MR2
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

I have a black and smg one and the smg is much nicer. However if I was to respray it would have to be either white or yellow. :thumleft:

abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

I have a yellow tbar with the roof line painted black like the silver shadow. I like this and the black roofline breaks up the yellow somewhat.

I have been considering a respray as my paintwork is shocking and i'm leaning towards mica orange.

As for the engine bay and frunk, mine are both grey and look like they haven't ever been painted even tho the car has been resprayed the original steel mist grey and then the yellow in its lifetime. So did the rev 1 (mine is rev 1) come with a grey frunk and engine bay or was this import only thing or has mine had those sprayed grey at some point?
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

abovetherim wrote:I have a yellow tbar with the roof line painted black like the silver shadow. I like this and the black roofline breaks up the yellow somewhat.

I have been considering a respray as my paintwork is shocking and i'm leaning towards mica orange.

As for the engine bay and frunk, mine are both grey and look like they haven't ever been painted even tho the car has been resprayed the original steel mist grey and then the yellow in its lifetime. So did the rev 1 (mine is rev 1) come with a grey frunk and engine bay or was this import only thing or has mine had those sprayed grey at some point?

Could do with a spare bootlid haha :mrgreen:
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

samgpr50 wrote:
abovetherim wrote:I have a yellow tbar with the roof line painted black like the silver shadow. I like this and the black roofline breaks up the yellow somewhat.

Ah but mine is now covered in what looks like synthetic yellow paint [-X
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

abovetherim wrote:
samgpr50 wrote:

Ah but mine is now covered in what looks like synthetic yellow paint [-X

Do I get full marks for effort? Sorry OP I will stop now
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

v1xz wrote:great comments...
think i better look at the colour red! :-k

If you consider what colours are popular on the roads, a lot of them will easily blend into the scenary in common weather/light conditions.

Then consider red. Fire engines are much easier to spot in general and I guess they have less collisions caused by other road users not see them ;-)

Then consider Super Red 2 (3E5). :twisted:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Mines due a respray (Red's turned pink and flaking). Been thinking about just getting it wrapped in a ridiculous colour for lolz. Any recommendations?
dexter

Post by dexter »

If you ask me be outrageous, it's the type of car that can pull off an 'out there' paint job.

:twisted:
"Got me some of those HSBC coilovers..." / "You mean HSD right..."
glen n

Post by glen n »

That was when my car got painted. If you keep on top of it red can stay nice and shiney. I did love my black mr2 though I must say.

Marf

Post by Marf »

6M1
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Think for me it would be Red or Zircon Blue :D
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

For me it's white and my cars red.

My first one was white though. But I wasn't going to stop red stopping me from buying a good turbo.
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

I rather like Lambo's orange or green... or british racing green... or the Gulf GT40 orange & blue... and matt black, oh and purple and green.

Fortunately a proper respray/wrap is well out of reach so will be sticking with regular black for the forseeable.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”