Rev 1 GT T-Bar - MR2 Virgin!!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nath89x

Rev 1 GT T-Bar - MR2 Virgin!!

Post by nath89x »

Hi,
I'm Nath from Nottingham.
After owning a 2009 Audi A3 for the past four years I was long overdue a change and itching for something new. So last week I sold it and had no idea what I wanted to buy next.
I've always been a fan of the MR2 so starting looking into them abit and decided that they were exactly what I was looking for!
I purchased a 1991 GT T-bar, completely rust free, 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, although the interior needs a little TLC (broken plastic trims and such, nothing major.) .... For the bargain last minute bid of £620!!!!
I've got a lot of plans in mind for this car, the first being to rewire the stereo seeing as a previous has completely cut it out...

One more thing, I understand that the GT T-bar comes with leather, however this has cloth interior?
JD

Re: Rev 1 GT T-Bar - MR2 Virgin!!

Post by JD »

Welcome :)

I think UK GTi-16v cars had leather as an option rather than the standard half leather interior than actual GT (full-fat trim turbo) cars came with in Jarpan.

My old Rev 2 had full leather - was in good condition too.
craig

Post by craig »

Welocome to IMOC Nath. :)

20+ years on, all kinds of parts get swapped on these cars....
Torero

Post by Torero »

Welcome to the club Nathan. :thumleft:

Any bits and peices of interior trim can be sourced by searching the 'For Sale' ads or even posting what you need in the 'Wanted' section. You'll be surprised what you can find and at a fraction of the price that Mr T. (Toyota dealerships that is :D) would charge. Although I must add when you start spending it never seems to stop.

Anyways, here's to a good summer, hopefully you can get the glass roof off and enjoy hooning around in the sun and appreciate what MR2 ownership is really about. :clap:

John.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Return to “Member Profiles”