Mr2 Rev 3

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Re: Mr2 Rev 3

Post by JAAASH »

david123 wrote:ive used syco graphix in the past, would reccomend them

http://sycographix.co.uk/about.htm

Thanks, had a quick look. Can't see anywhere on his site about custom work though.

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
david123

Post by david123 »

simba90 wrote:
david123 wrote:ive used syco graphix in the past, would reccomend them

http://sycographix.co.uk/about.htm

Thanks, had a quick look. Can't see anywhere on his site about custom work though.

in the contact us bit. For all custom stickers and any enquiries, please contact us on the following address : [email protected]

Just for the admin, I have no affiliation, with the company.
david123

Post by david123 »

Well over the past few days I've fitted some wheel nuts. As the ones that were fitted felt a bit ropey. I assume they were made from alliminuim and the new ones are steel

Also recieved OEM Brake Pads and Discs for both front and rear. Will be fitting them soon :D

david123

Post by david123 »

After the last Upgrade I've fitted the new front brake pads and discs, I also wound the front coild down a few threads, got about an inch to go and then i might chop out one of the collars as there will be no need for all three. Then its onto the backs. One thing that will hold the rear up will be the exhaust. bloody thing hangs too low so on the look out for a single exit either a buddyclub or a 5zigen.

Still need to do the rears pads and discs but I'll do them and inspect the rear bushes etc in the next few weekends.

Cleaned out the engine bay and under the grime i found this :)

And gave the car a quick wash and wax. Going to get detailed before Ten of the best and JAE. Unfortunatly on holiday so cant attend Japfest.
the car will be going for a professional detail before the events as the paint is covered in swirls, they aren't deep but the car obviously has been through alot of hand washes and is in great need of a mop.

I've also decided the split the wheels and paint them all black, So dishes, barrells, faces and bolts. I intend to get them looking this this (only without the massive dish)

note. upon previewing the post photobucket ruins the quality of photos, What to you's use?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Really nice looking car you've got there, seems like there's a few nice ones in the north east..
DB Mr2

Post by DB Mr2 »

Mean looking mr2 very nice. Where did you get those funky wheel nuts?
david123

Post by david123 »

Cheers guys.

Got the nuts from www.6two1.com

Primarily for honda stuff but the nuts are spot on. They are looking nuts too.
craig

Post by craig »

Car looks great. Wheels will certainly look better painted. Although I'd go gunmetal/graphite grey rather than black, just my opinion though.
JD

Post by JD »

david123 wrote:note. upon previewing the post photobucket ruins the quality of photos, What to you's use?

very very lovely wheels - I use imgur.com as you can upload whatever you like and link it directly unlike crappy old photobucket.
david123

Post by david123 »

Nothing much to report this week. Not alot on at work so had a chance to fit small fire extenguisher to the passenger cubby lid. Looks lid the car has had a cd changer so when i get a bit more free time i'm going to pull the carpetback and remove the cable. Theres what looks like oem jdm navigation system under the passenger seat so that has been removed and the cables will be removed along with the changer cables

Then whats left of the loom will be taped up with loom tape and tied down to prevent rattles.

Fitted a turbo timer too, one thing that bothers me about it is that the remote fob wont work while its counting down. Found a guide on the internet using a relay but im taking it with a pinch of salt until i can back it up with another guide.

Another thing ive done this week is bought some vht wrinkle paint. I'll let the pictures do the talking

Bought this.

Which applied looked like this.

With the help of this.

Turned out like this.

Really happy with the outcome. Just need to remove the engine hook/catch can bracket and give that a lick of paint and the bay should start to look like how i want.

Going to do the inlet manifold/rocker cover and bulkhead heatshields another weekend.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Wrinkle paint looks good!, I find it cures nicely in the oven.. I usually make sure the girlfriend isn't in when I'm doing it though...
david123

Post by david123 »

Rob85 wrote:Wrinkle paint looks good!, I find it cures nicely in the oven.. I usually make sure the girlfriend isn't in when I'm doing it though...

The other half would go nuts if she caught me doing that.
Last time i split my other wheels i put the centre caps in the dishwasher and got caught! haha.

However on that occasion the wheels went from

Old

vs new

Wish I kept those wheels!!!

This weeks update. Gave the car a good clean and treated it to a machine polish curtosy of a friend.

started out by applying bilt hamber wheel cleaner to the wheels, and agitate with a brush and rinsed off.

cleaned the centres with iron-x and rised again. Even withought applying a metal polish or and ceramic sealant the wheels really did look good

Next up was to bring the car inside to keep the sun of it and start machine polishing after it was washed and dried and then clay bar'd

an area of the bonnet was masked off and it was machine polished to test for speed and how much pressure was needed. Once we were happy the car was fully machined polished with 3m products panel by panel twice over to get the best results.

onced the car was polished and buffed clean we then applied chemical guys glossworkz, which is a gloss booster and paint cleanser which really makes the black paintwork shine.

As you can see it really makes the paint shine.

We then applied jetseal190 by machine and left to gas off and then buffed off by hand

after it was all sealed up, the windows were treated to glass cleaner and rainex, the door shuts were treated to a clean and hard wax, and the tyres and arch liners got the once over with tyre gel.

Money shot! reflection is perfect in the bonnet

Next wheel I'm going to wetvac the man in dandism mats and give the interior a decent hoover. still got a few things to paint too. Slowly getting happy with everything.

I'm going to try and get some better photos of the car soon too. everything so far has come from a phone camera and doesnt really do justice
craig

Post by craig »

That looks stunning. Nice work. :thumleft:
david123

Post by david123 »

Thanks!

Next Update. Wheels.

For a while now I have been looking for some Advan RGII or Buddyclub P1 or similar wheels.

Whilst on my search Libertine on here has been in contact with me about my Work Equip's. I really liked the Equips the equips but my previous cars and previous wheels have all had mirror polished lips/dishes and centres.
And as you know they are a nightmare to keep clean and look after and come wintertime there are a constant worry with regards to the salt and being damaged etc. so the time was right to sell.

Good Bye friends

I had intended to split the wheels down and re-do the centres and lips but an offer was put on a table that I couldn't refuse. Moments later the money passed hands and I bought these.

RAYS VOLK RACING - TE37
Specs - 16x7 +33
16x8 +38

Wasted no time in fitting them and gave them a once over with rim wax, Need to order some more ceramic wheel sealant and while im winding the coils down i'll seal the wheels.

Not the best picture but you get the idea, Wipe on, wipe off

Car Now sits like this

Need to bring the car down around 10-20mm and see what it looks like then, Also going to space the rear wheels out around 10mm to bring the wheel closer to the arch.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

new wheels look great, good choice!

also, I've only just realised you're running a toms kit too.. we're going to have very similar cars but in black & white quite soon!
Bricknall

Post by Bricknall »

Nice progress on the car David, looking good. And I hate you for getting them wheels, I wouldnt put anthing else on mine. If only I had a enough money...
Henry is a god at polishing like, gona get him to do mine when its painted up, looks realy good.. You got any pictures of the parts in wrinkle paint fitted?
Also we'll have to get a meet set up in a few weeks with other northeast members when the weathers nice, preferably a blast out on the back roads, where these cars put a proper smile on you're face as opposed to a car park :lol:

Steve.
dan mkii

Post by dan mkii »

Car looks great . Where did you get the genuine pads and discs from?
david123

Post by david123 »

Rob85 wrote:new wheels look great, good choice!
also, I've only just realised you're running a toms kit too.. we're going to have very similar cars but in black & white quite soon!

Cheers Rob, Yeah they'll look very similar. I like that spoiler you just bought, Once I've seen yours fitted I might get one :D

Bricknall wrote:Nice progress on the car David, looking good. And I hate you for getting them wheels, I wouldnt put anthing else on mine. If only I had a enough money...
Henry is a god at polishing like, gona get him to do mine when its painted up, looks realy good.. You got any pictures of the parts in wrinkle paint fitted?
Also we'll have to get a meet set up in a few weeks with other northeast members when the weathers nice, preferably a blast out on the back roads, where these cars put a proper smile on you're face as opposed to a car park :lol:
Steve.

Cheers Steve. Aye Henrys good, I normally just rub the car over with a dirty rag haha.

I havent got any pictures of the parts fitted but I'll take some if it ever stops raining.

I did however paint more things

The two radiator brackets, throttle cable and vac' brackets, the lower firewall heatshield, Cusco brace and the x-brace.

Need to get the top half of the heatshield off sometime and give that a paint too.

dan mkii wrote:Car looks great . Where did you get the genuine pads and discs from?

Thnaks Dan,

I got them from http://www.mr2-ben.co.uk/

but if there is a Toyota dealer near you I'm sure they'll be able to help too
david123

Post by david123 »

Next On the list to recieve the crackle black treatment was the front cusco brace.

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Wheels look good mate. Hope you like them :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “Member Profiles”