[All] [Generic] Need Clifford alarm re-certified for insurance

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rev3gtturbo

[All] [Generic] Need Clifford alarm re-certified for insurance

Post by rev3gtturbo »

Installation certificate for a Clifford alarm has been lost by previous owner and insurance company want sight of the installation certificate.

Anyone know how much it costs to get it re-certificated for insurer?
G.A.P. would do it for 150 inc travel and vat.

Was wondering if anybody could recommend any Thatcham approved installers a lot closer to home in the Guildford/Farnham area.

TIA
dawesy

Re: [All] [Generic] Need Clifford alarm re-certified for insurance

Post by dawesy »

id check how much not having it will affect your premium. in a lot of cases its only about £20-40
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

but some insurers wont cover unless its fitted and have proof, that's what I found with Adrian flux
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

Yeah I thought I would just lose the theft cover if I could not produce an installation certificate in a reasonable time. I am not with Adrian Flux, but broker has said eventually underwriter will cancel policy unless I get some certified security.

Its a hassle and expense I could do without.
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

dont send the original to them they will loose, it ask the company re issuing certificate, for a couple of approved copies, they sign the copies or stamp.

send one of the copies, ALWAYS keep the original, as long as you have it "IF" you need it as part of claim

worth getting it re certified and a alarm service, i found out one of my sensors was a bit dicky so worth it in the end

mine was approx £30 for reissuing certificate, £60 for new sensors, new contact switches and a general tidy up from the previous "professional" ha installer
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

Thanks for the advice.

Many years ago I had an insurance company insist on seeing original certificate not a photocopy. They lost it even though they had all the other paperwork I sent them at the same time. They refused to pay for a replacement certificate. Eventually they either accepted a copy of my photocopy under the circumstances or contacted my previous insurer that had seen the certificate. Several months later they found the original and sent it to me.

Return to “ICE and Security”