[Mk2] [Turbo] engine problem

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

[Mk2] [Turbo] engine problem

Post by markstevieandmads »

Having a prob with my rev 2 turbo.
Havent used it in a week and found the battery was flat so disconnected it and charged it up.
A few hours later I connected it back up and started it up fine 1st time.
It revved fine And I reversed it out the garage and left it idling.

I moved the missus car and 5 min later I got in the Mr2 and I went to accelerate and it stuttered and didn't do nothing. I continued to try and rev it but the boost gauge went up to 0 and dropped down but it doesn't accelerate.
I turned it off and restarted and it starts on the button and idles a bit rough but won't accelerate.
I think its a fuelling issue.
I just rolled it back in the garage for now.
I'm gonna check the fuses and what else should I check?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] engine problem

Post by Ryan S »

sounds like the air flow meter, check it's connected properly. although it could be a number of things, this is by far the easiest thing to check. :thumleft:
Nic

Post by Nic »

Is it firing on all cylinders? Could be moisture has gotten into the electrics whilst it's been stood.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
markstevieandmads

Its been stood in a dry garage and it was only slightly drizzly when I got it out the garage for the 2 min before it started doing it.

How can I check the afm is working properly?

It just seems strange how it started and reversed out fine then left it running for 5 min while I moved the other car and when I came back that's when it played up.

It starts up straight away but idles a bit rough and doesn't do anything on throttle.
Im hoping its a fuse as I think this might be the most likely due to the flat battery and then charging it back up (wasn't connected to car when charging).

How do I do the ecu check again?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

markstevieandmads wrote:Its been stood in a dry garage and it was only slightly drizzly when I got it out the garage for the 2 min before it started doing it.

How can I check the afm is working properly?

It just seems strange how it started and reversed out fine then left it running for 5 min while I moved the other car and when I came back that's when it played up.

It starts up straight away but idles a bit rough and doesn't do anything on throttle.
Im hoping its a fuse as I think this might be the most likely due to the flat battery and then charging it back up (wasn't connected to car when charging).

How do I do the ecu check again?

the electrical connector on the afm, check it's not loose, on my old rev2 the clip was broken, it would occasionally shake itself loose and i'd end up with exactly the symptoms you've described.
markstevieandmads

Lesson to be learned..... always check the obvious - no fuel!

Put a cans worth in and its fired straight up and revving fine!

No fuel low light though so that needs investigating. Also the indicator wasn't that low so I'm guessing it was adjusted wrong when the white dials was fitted.

Thanks guys.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

markstevieandmads wrote:Lesson to be learned..... always check the obvious - no fuel!

No fuel low light though so that needs investigating. Also the indicator wasn't that low so I'm guessing it was adjusted wrong when the white dials was fitted.

Thanks guys.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
markstevieandmads

Lesson to be learned..... always check the obvious - no fuel!

Thanks guys.

Return to “Mechanical”