Goods not sent by member after receiving my money.

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ravelloracing

Goods not sent by member after receiving my money.

Post by ravelloracing »

Didnt want to be unprofessional and start a thread unti i got the nod from forum moderator,but now time to make my feelings public so nobosy else buys from this member,at the least until he has resolved this issue.
Paid for an exhaust 16 days ago from Wil3046 and still I'm waiting with no sign of my exhaust.
After a few days and a reminder pm I got a response "sorry for the delay fella,but been chocka at work,will get right onto it this afternoon"
That reply was 9 days ago.
Have messaged since,about 5 days ago giving him the chance to respond,and not heard a thing since.
Contacted moderator 1st thing yesterday,who has also pm'd him,and gave me the nod to start a thread regarding,and have not had any response still.
I am finding this particularly infuriating as I have made arrangements for somebody to be in every day to ensure a parcel can be taken in,and even more so as its a stock exhaust and cat to get me through my MOT,as my decat system will obviously not pass. I'm now in a situation where come MOT time over the next week or so I will be forced to take my MR2 off the road as I can't get it MOT'd (don't have the funds to go buying another exhaust,or the time to source one as they don't come up too often)
As it stands at the moment,he has an exhaust that is rightfully mine,(I want that,not a refund),but he has gladly taken my money,and not kept his part of the deal.
I unfortunately paid by Paypal Gift,having NEVER had an issue this way after a huge amount of purchases in this way from established members in both this forum,and in particular off the MX5 forum previously.
We are supposed to be a forum of car nuts,that all help each other,and deal honestly and in good faith.
I appreciate there may be an explanation,or a personal problem at his end,but a)don't sell goods,take my money then not send if you have a potential hold up,and b)keep in touch,as an email takes seconds.
After 16 days and counting I see this as theft,and will,if I have no resolution within the next few days,be contacting the Police,(my step father is in the force and he has agreed I am totally entitled to report this as a theft)
I hope this doesn't sound too strong,but I'm not being mucked about by people,you only sell goods if you are in a position to see the sale through.
If Wil3046 responds and resolves I will amend the thread accordingly,and is the reason I have not named him in the thread title.
[/list][/u]
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: Goods not sent by member after receiving my money.

Post by Charged »

Thanks for posting, negative experiences are useful for our member base.

The PM I send to this user yesterday asking for an explanation has not been read yet.

Previous here:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172627
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

Why do people pay via gift?
dazzz wrote:I'm no expert but
ravelloracing

Post by ravelloracing »

I totally take your point on board T.F.S,but always done it,never had a problem. Wouldn't expect an issue who's been in here over a year,over 100 posts,and bought & sold before. Also sent pictures as requested. I hold my hands up to the payment,but nonetheless,if goods don't show it's theft/fraud,and will be reported to Police. I'm hoping nothing such will be required and it will be resolved,but they've picked the wrong person if it isn't dealt with over the next few days.
Last edited by ravelloracing on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Asking or paying by gift should be simply banned when advertising.

Problem solved :thumleft: please, make it a policy.
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

It is banned on the forums I moderate.

I don't know if you would even have any legal standing in court, can the guy just show the payment to the judge and state that the transaction was a gift therefore he didn't need to send anything?

I am not taking the p1$$ and I would hope this is not what would happen but seriously from a legal point of view whats the score with that?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

gnzyza wrote:Asking or paying by gift should be simply banned when advertising.

This a volunteer run club, we're not here to oversee sales so it really is down to the buyer of parts to decide whether or not they pay by paypal gift. I often ask for it, I dislike giving money to paypal but then again I'm not here to mess people around.
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

It's a volunteer run club therefore you cant make any rules to sell by?

There are plenty other rules, how is adding another one so people have less chance of getting ripped of a big deal for you?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

T.F.S. wrote:It's a volunteer run club therefore you cant make any rules to sell by?

There are plenty other rules, how is adding another one so people have less chance of getting ripped of a big deal for you?

It's not a rule I am particularly keen on, to be honest. I don't think it's difficult to work out who to send a gift payment to and who to be a bit more careful with... not meaning to be rude to anyone who has been caught out.
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

A lot of people are not aware that by sending via gift they have no payment protection IME, the rule was implemented on the sites I moderate to reduce the bad deals that go on and take up admin/moderator time.

You will never stop people paying via that method but making it known that it is against the rules to request a gift payment as a condition of sale may reduce bum deals and in turn reduce the amount of threads like this which will free up your time.

Logically it would not seem easy to construct an argument against having that rule in place IMO. :thumleft:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

The difference may be that we are not here to moderate and oversee sales
.. we remove bad apples but the rest is all done out of goodness.

Buyer beware covers all.
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Many other forums have no gift in place, another idea is to have a piece of paper with your user id and current date so that we know they actually own the item.

Having no gift would possibly mean sellers may adjust the sale price but then it would apply to all transactions.

I do hope It's atleast discussed amongst the committee or what ever.
ravelloracing

Post by ravelloracing »

Well i won't be using Gift as a payment means again after this episode. I work on the assumption that the guys who run the forum do a bloody good job,its not up to them to be dictating how people agree to pay between themselves.
It's our choice as members to decide that,and not fair in any way to be expecting them to put rules in place. I did pay as Gift,I shouldn't have.
I still find a little strange that Wil3046 is a regular visitor to the site,posting regularly,enough to think that surely somebody is not daft enough to risk their membership,reputation,and the risk of a criminal allegation over only £60,you would think if they were really intending to do that it would be a much higher value item (coilovers,alloys etc)
It is also a little strange that the moderator has confirmed that he has also not read his messages yet,so it is possible a personal issue on a large scale,like a bereavement for example has occurred,hence my not pushing the issue,(yet),when if it is something if the like you would be dropping everything to deal with something that takes priority over everything. This is why I have waited for a chance for him to respond.
If I've not had a positive response by Monday I will be reporting him for theft,whilst I may not have cover,I still have name,town,registration no of car,and email address,which is clearly linked with a bank account.
If anyone is daft enough to try and screw someone over £60 when that j information is available then that's a risk they are foolish to take.
Will report back on here when I know more,and Wil3046,I will remove this thread if I hear back in the stated timeframe with the resolution of it,so as not to be damaging to your reputation,if I don't,I will be taking the aforementioned action.
glen n

Post by glen n »

I also paid for a front strut brace from this guy,stupidly just transferred 25 to him so I could hurry up and get it so I could have the ends painted while my car was getting done. Needless to say its not appeared after multiple excuses and pms. Don't expect to recieve it and I'm taking it as a lesson learned,a cheap one gladly.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

gnzyza wrote:Asking or paying by gift should be simply banned when advertising.

+1
They have rules like no text speak but cant put a rule in place about buying/selling??
Absolutely ridiculous!
Buying/selling should be advertised as paypal with fees or cash on collection only and anything else shouldnt be reccommended even though im sure there are alot of honest people on here.

I hope this gets sorted for the OP though and yeah i suppose make it tough lesson learnt. Ive started using paypal fees and cash on collection only
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

If your happy sending as a gift...ok
If your not....don't

There is the rule.

If sending as a gift were banned then price of bits would increase by 5% to cover fee.

I've had never had an issue doing it, but I appreciate many have
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

But that's not a rule though and PayPal is 3.4% not 5%
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

ive sold many many parts on here and have nearly always been as a gift payment, if the buyer wanted to pay the fees then thats fine i give them the option.

its never crossed my mind to scam anyone and my feedback shows that, but if people pay by gift then there is risk attached, you pay your money etc...

i dont see why it should be banned, people just need to have common sense, i also dont feel that 100 posts counts as a saftey net (and whilst i remember my post count seems to of recently dropped by nearly 2000.....), and remember a feedback score on its own needs to be checked out as they could all be received as a buyer - so no trust rating as a seller has been accrued.

sad to say but as a gifted payment i doubt you will ever see it again going down the normal route :eye:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

T.F.S. wrote:But that's not a rule though and PayPal is 3.4% not 5%

3.4% plus 20p, so bigger purchases are not effected so much , but small one is around 5% - and by small i mean a tenner
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

And to complicate matters further people like myself who have a lot of cash moving through paypal pay less, I pay 1.8%

Return to “Trader Feedback”