d2 coilovers opinions?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dylan5084

d2 coilovers opinions?

Post by dylan5084 »

anyone run them, just wondering what the ride is like...
gtech

Re: d2 coilovers opinions?

Post by gtech »

Dont know about the D2's but I run the "Meister R" coilovers which are awesome.

Better than OEM ride comfort, with the ability to lower as much as I want without it affecting ride comfort, all achieved by using a double perch system. They have 32 positions between soft and hard to make sure you get the perfect ride no matter what the surface.

Been on 2yrs and still look like brand new. Many of the Subaru guys run them and swear by them, they guy who runs Meister R, always offers a generous discount to club members as well :D

Have a look: http://www.meisterr.com/Site/Zeta-R.html
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

looks nice as, can get my hands on the d2's cheaply, but wasnt sure about them, read a few reviews saying there mega mega hard but none of these were on mr2 sw20
gtech

Post by gtech »

I spent 6 months going through all available options for Coilovers for the MR2, I cannot sustain a hard ride due to a spinal injury, I wanted something that would give an OEM ride.

The guy at MeisterR gave me a guarantee that if I was not satisfied with the ride and the product within 6 months, I would get a full refund no questions asked, which was as fair as you can get.

Since having them on, I find myself testing them to the limit by deliberately driving over pot holes. No exageration, I would say the ride quality is on par with my Mazda 6 TS2, an absolute pleasure to drive.

And when it comes to these things, I am as fussy as hell, and for the vendor, I'm the "customer from hell".

But I love 'em
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”