Mr2 mk1 repairs

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sherwin1983

Mr2 mk1 repairs

Post by sherwin1983 »

Hi,

Crashed my mk1 at gymkhana at santapod today!
Hit a concrete bollard on passage side courner.

I bent the inner arch seen in fronk under washer bottle.

Need Some parts can help with what i need.

White mr2 mk1b

Bonnet
Wing passenger
Head light full unit
Bumper
Front crash bar
Inter wheel arch plastic

Cheers nick[/img]
elbon50

Re: Mr2 mk1 repairs

Post by elbon50 »

Whereabouts are you Nick ?

A breaker such as Neil Jones (in North Wales) or Paul Sims (in Chester) could probably provide all the parts you need & in white

I have a few bits : front bumper cover (which needs repainting) & foam pad

Headlight frame (think its N/S)

And the plastic wheelarch protector

Did you bend the suspension ?

What happened to cause the impact ?

Peter
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Those sellers mentioned will anally rape you for that lot say as much as around £1k posted.

What white is it 040 or 043 ?

There is a difference.

Chris
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

Paint code 043
nedward

Post by nedward »

There was a white MR2 at G.W.BRIDGES peaspottage a couple of weeks ago.
It was in the yard on the left you may be able to get a few parts you need from there.
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

oukie wrote:Those sellers mentioned will anally rape you for that lot say as much as around £1k posted

Try them & see Nick :wink:

They won't be cheap but a possible source of all the bits

You still havn't said where you are located

There are other breakers in other parts of the UK

Another idea, post the items you need in the Items Wanted section on here
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

Ive emailed them.

Located in Guildford surrey.

Cheers

Nick
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

nedward wrote:There was a white MR2 at G.W.BRIDGES peaspottage a couple of weeks ago.
It was in the yard on the left you may be able to get a few parts you need from there.

Emailed them and semi local
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

sherwin1983 wrote:Ive emailed them.

Located in Guildford surrey.

Cheers

Nick

There's a guy somewhere in the South East who breaks em Nick. Not sure exactly where he is located :?

Sells quite a lot of Mk1 bits on the Bay (nickname RubyRubyRed)

You could try contacting him perhaps

You could probably do better pricewise with an ordinary breaker local to you of course, if you can find one with a suitable car

Some ordinary breakers can be expensive though, particularly if they strip the cars & shelve the parts
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

Cant fine "RubyRubyRed" on ebay grr
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

sherwin1983 wrote:Paint code 043

You've got problems then, its the most hardest white to get bits for, Just ask Alex (superwhite)

My Mk1 is 043, I bought a spares car (043) just in case because 043 is so hard to come by and to get breakers to even find out white code it is, most just say "yeah coarse it is mate"
I might be able to help you with some parts but postage may be a problem.

If you get the wrong white ie 040 it really shows up on the car.
Just be careful as if you buy parts and they are the wrong white its ££££ down the pan.

Edit, Just checked your list I have a bonnet, just need to check condition as its been under a cover for two years. I did have a minty front bumper but that's on Alex's mk1 now

Chris
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

oukie wrote:
sherwin1983 wrote:Paint code 043

You've got problems then, its the most hardest white to get bits for, Just ask Alex (superwhite)

Alex Gager is SuperRedMr2 on here (although his current car is Superwhite)

He is SuperWhite on another forum (forget which)

He doesn't seem to have been round since late last week

Will try & find RubyRubyRed for you
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

Not fussed as long as white it's my track car...why because race car!

Thanks for your support and help much appreciated :-)
andyj

Post by andyj »

I haven't bought any parts from Ruby Red for couple of years but he was very good news. He previously traded under name of Jonniesbits. His real name is Paul Cooper and he is located in Warlingham postcode CR6 9DL. His telephone numbers were landline 01883 626039 or mobile 0790 5661388. I have an email address [email protected] but from memory not sure it works. He has quite a few mark ones in a field near there. Though he changed names a bit don't be put off ... he's OK to deal with and parts were always of good quality. Ignore ebay prices and haggle. Typical prices? I paid £20 for front bumper cover (choice of colours). He often had several examples with parts and let me choose. He had almost everything but needed day or two's notice to get it in. In some ways good as you see parts before parting with cash. He worked in Brighton.

Quite likely details above no longer valid. As I say haven't spoken to him for a couple of years.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

How bent is it underneath?
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

All straight no damage drove home fine 2hrs only a squeak on wheel when under 20mph sounded like a mouse
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

andyj wrote:I haven't bought any parts from Ruby Red for couple of years but he was very good news. He previously traded under name of Jonniesbits. His real name is Paul Cooper and he is located in Warlingham postcode CR6 9DL. His telephone numbers were landline 01883 626039 or mobile 0790 5661388. I have an email address [email protected] but from memory not sure it works. He has quite a few mark ones in a field near there. Though he changed names a bit don't be put off ... he's OK to deal with and parts were always of good quality. Ignore ebay prices and haggle. Typical prices? I paid £20 for front bumper cover (choice of colours). He often had several examples with parts and let me choose. He had almost everything but needed day or two's notice to get it in. In some ways good as you see parts before parting with cash. He worked in Brighton.

Quite likely details above no longer valid. As I say haven't spoken to him for a couple of years.

That's all very good to know Andy :thumleft:

He doesn't seem to have traded on eBay under the RubyRubyRed screen name for the last year or so

Definitely worth tracking him down I think :thumleft:
andyj

Post by andyj »

elbon50 wrote:
andyj wrote:I haven't bought any parts from Ruby Red for couple of years but he was very good news. He previously traded under name of Jonniesbits. His real name is Paul Cooper and he is located in Warlingham postcode CR6 9DL. His telephone numbers were landline 01883 626039 or mobile 0790 5661388. I have an email address [email protected] but from memory not sure it works. He has quite a few mark ones in a field near there. Though he changed names a bit don't be put off ... he's OK to deal with and parts were always of good quality. Ignore ebay prices and haggle. Typical prices? I paid £20 for front bumper cover (choice of colours). He often had several examples with parts and let me choose. He had almost everything but needed day or two's notice to get it in. In some ways good as you see parts before parting with cash. He worked in Brighton.

That's all very good to know Andy :thumleft:

He doesn't seem to have traded on eBay under the RubyRubyRed screen name for the last year or so

Definitely worth tracking him down I think :thumleft:

Thanks for that :D

Yes, I'd be very interested to hear if he's still around. Sooner or later I'm going to need some parts and he was good local source for me.
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

nothing yet emailed, texted and called keep ya updated
sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

No such luck.

Found a chap breaking one so off to sommerset on weekend to get all the bits i need.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”