Xbox One

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ekona

Re: Xbox One

Post by Ekona »

DRM is irrelevant. The future is download digital only, it's just that MS have been brave enough to take first step. Try sharing or selling a game on Steam and see how far you get.

It's a load of moaning over what will become the norm.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Ekona wrote:It's a load of moaning over what will become the norm.

True, it will become the norm.

The problem is, is that they're doing it with physical discs [-X
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Rogue wrote:There's a surprising amount of people bitching about how they don't have an internet connection...

...on the internet...

Maybe users like me - my connection is painfully slow. Impossible to play games with but usually works ok for the speed these emoticons move.

](*,)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

But you don't need any kind of speedy interwebs for the activation stuff: Even a hotspot set up from a mobile will do. Turn it on, activate the console, turn it back off again.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Ekona wrote:But you don't need any kind of speedy interwebs for the activation stuff: Even a hotspot set up from a mobile will do. Turn it on, activate the console, turn it back off again.

That's pure speculation though mate, nothing has been confirmed yet. I do agree with you though.

The internet connection thing doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can honestly say that I don't know one single person who owns a ps3/360 who doesn't have an internet connection
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Ekona wrote:But you don't need any kind of speedy interwebs for the activation stuff: Even a hotspot set up from a mobile will do. Turn it on, activate the console, turn it back off again.

There's massive hinting that you'll need to be online permanently to play. Bit like some iOS games that won't play unless you have a data connection.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

DannyN wrote:

There's massive hinting that you'll need to be online permanently to play. Bit like some iOS games that won't play unless you have a data connection.

No thats not the case at all. They have officially said you dont need a constant net connection to use it, just need to connect once every 24 hours. For me and many many others thats not a problem at all as I always use my 360 connected.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

I don't really understand why people have next gen consoles but don't play online :?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

DannyN wrote:I don't really understand why people have next gen consoles but don't play online :?

You mean current gen consoles :wink: agreed though mate, some of the best gaming can only be had from online multiplayer and has been that was for 10 years. You are extremely limiting your console if you're not connected to the net. Could understand if both the next gen consoles needed to be permanently online.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

This is good for a chuckle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71H69yDZ6W4

:clown:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

thai boxer wrote:No thats not the case at all. They have officially said you dont need a constant net connection to use it, just need to connect once every 24 hours. For me and many many others thats not a problem at all as I always use my 360 connected.

Not quite. Danny's right when he says that some games may take this path in the future, leaving us with a whole SimCity-sized problem to deal with, especially if MS decide to pursue the whole cloud gaming idea.

It could happen, but then it could equally happen with the PS4. It's no different from having something like TESO on there, which obviously needs a net connection.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Pre-ordered mine today :D
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Where from mate? I'll definitely be getting one but gona see what deals are out there closer to the time. Sure the supermarkets will be doing some real good deals to undercut everyone else. Industry experts are saying they wont be reducing the price of the consoles before xmas and won't be untill march time.

There are some amazing games coming out soon and the xbox exclusives are looking outstanding. Roll on November! :twisted:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

I'm going to wait til march time I think.
(Well I'm going to try anyway!)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I got mine from Game, as I wanted to ensure that I could walk in and pick it up at midnight, assuming they don't go pop again! :lol:

Package deals never interest me, they're almost always CoD and FIFA either of which I play. I don't really care how much it costs me, I just want it so hard :mrgreen:

How do you pre-order stuff via Tesco et al then? So you can collect in-store, I mean.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:, I just want it so hard :mrgreen:

How do you pre-order stuff via Tesco et al then? So you can collect in-store, I mean.

:mrgreen: :clap:

Tesco Direct I think you can mate. The major stores always do silly deals like BO2 for £25 release day to make sure everyone goes into their store and buys it.....and grabs shopping while they're there. Tescos etc will have it midnight too mate.

I was gona pre-order from GAME too but will wait and see whats about.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

I'm going to stop posting in this thread before you lot make me queue in Tesco at midnight!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

DannyN wrote:I'm going to stop posting in this thread before you lot make me queue in Tesco at midnight!

:D :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

DO IT FAGGOT
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Ekona wrote:DO IT FAGGOT

Hahahah, it'll be the PS4 for me anyway chief :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”